Sign in to follow this  
Zlax

Disable console commands on PvP

You really should think about disabling console commands on PvP servers, they give an unfair advantage between the ones that know them and the ones that dont.

That there even is a console command to remove the fog baffles me, also the ability to change gamma on pvp is something I find wierd, but maybe thats just cuz I played ARK 😉

• Like 1

Yeah I only found out about the fog one yesterday I was like wtf what's the point in having fog if you can just turn it off..

I am ok with gamma as it helps me play when it's dark in game but day in real life haha 🙂 otherwise I would not be able to see.

i will have to look into what other console commands are out there.. 

It is equal to cheat modes. Gamma I get people can just do in their GFX settings, but still, fog removal command? 😞

It was even mentioned in the stream that they didn't want low quality settings to rule pvp, yet here we are with new ways.

3 hours ago, Caldrin said:

i will have to look into what other console commands are out there.. 

You can turn off water in order to maneuver in shallow waters for example or look for whales...

Edited by Sharana

Why does this surprise you if you know they implement BattlEye to annoy fair players with login connection issues and leave the real cheaters and hackers alone. They implement console commands in an MMO and release a dev kit expension without making sure those things can't be abused in the official game. For each new thing they implement you should be able to come up with 3 things that can go wrong with it and once implement u will see at least one or two of those predictions come true, why? Cuz devs have no realistic ideas and lack the ability to think ahead where we as players can see that something is rotten before they do.

How do you turn off water? And does the fog command still work? It didn’t work last night while sailing. Then again I might have had a couple drinks in me at that time. 

Wait... you can turn off water??? I didn't know we could even use commands in game other than the gamma one. I'm sorry but using these commands seems so broken. There is no need for them to be used.