Sign in to follow this  
Gorgeous_b

Why isnt the unofficial server updated as fast as the official?

I am always sitting almost two updates behind official on our server. Perpetually out of cycle because of how often the game is updated. Can we please get someone to update our files more often than whenver someone looks at it? It feels like the unofficial server files are in some back room in the middle of the building and nobody goes in there unless there is a fire. Or can we get some way to contact the devs more easily?

Are you updating your server regularly?  You should shut it down and update/restart it every like 12 hours with the way the game is constantly updated right now. You can even run a automatic script on your computer that does it for your every X number of hours.

10 hours ago, Gorgeous_b said:

I am always sitting almost two updates behind official on our server. Perpetually out of cycle because of how often the game is updated. Can we please get someone to update our files more often than whenver someone looks at it? It feels like the unofficial server files are in some back room in the middle of the building and nobody goes in there unless there is a fire. Or can we get some way to contact the devs more easily?

we have no issues keeping our own server up to date with the latest update they release.

They need to fix bugs and exploits, and then test it, make sure all is good, and then (and only then) is it suitable for release.

So, if while packaging for steam a new issue is discovered they have to start again, test the new patch, and then prep for steam. And if while this is happening they discover a...  and so on.

And, on top of that, we are talking about humans, not robots, so they need sleep, food, coffee, an occasional 2.5 minutes with their lovers etc 

On 2/7/2019 at 12:02 AM, Gorgeous_b said:

In fact now they are doing a way better job than when it started.
I suggest you check this App_ID and look for Last Record Update:
ATLAS Dedicated Server

its shocking tbh their lack of support for people like us, who burn the torch for atlas.

The lack of tools, information etc are very poor. I know its EA, but there are some pretty basic things they should be supplying us with -

1. several already built gridsconfigs, including the powerstones and all npc quests of date, supplied in 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 etc.

2. All config settings available, negating the need to google everything from non grapeshot sources.

3. A autoupdating tool

They want us to host, as lets face it good unofficially ran dedicated servers keep games like this alive, it certainly has kept Ark going!

And finally play your game, or at least employ people who do !