Sign in to follow this  
Esemo

Hardest tame has horrible stamina????

Has anyone else noticed that all the razortooths stamina is complete garbage? why would they make a tame that is so hard to get and should be considered a fighting tame have no stamina?

I was dedicated on getting one of these tames until I saw online they had garbage stamina. One of the many things wildcard doesn't play test lol

1 hour ago, Bluexminder said:

I was dedicated on getting one of these tames until I saw online they had garbage stamina. One of the many things wildcard doesn't play test lol

You are the tester. Its EA. Put feedback, make it change 😉 Look at how much they changed animals since release - alphas, stamina, weight balances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willard said:

You are the tester. Its EA. Put feedback, make it change 😉 Look at how much they changed animals since release - alphas, stamina, weight balances.

if they actually would give somthing about feedback from the players pvp & pve then you'd got a point here but unfortnately they don't.

otherwise some major fixes would have been applied way earlier or at all. but still tames vanish when crossing borders tames still just go poof or through the floor.

weight balances weren't tto bad the first place but got borged by a brainless patch. maybe you've noticed that in the end now an elephant can carry even more wood.

so what was the initial patch good for - just to piss some ppl off ?

on that behalf the rhino couldn't carry as much as it can now but on the other hand it got about twice as much metal from regular nodes. now it carries a shit ton but i harvest more with a pick than my friendly rhino.  that much

their lack of learning from what they effed up on ARK isn't simply excused by EA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

if they actually would give somthing about feedback from the players pvp & pve then you'd got a point here but unfortnately they don't.

otherwise some major fixes would have been applied way earlier or at all. but still tames vanish when crossing borders tames still just go poof or through the floor.

weight balances weren't tto bad the first place but got borged by a brainless patch. maybe you've noticed that in the end now an elephant can carry even more wood.

so what was the initial patch good for - just to piss some ppl off ?

on that behalf the rhino couldn't carry as much as it can now but on the other hand it got about twice as much metal from regular nodes. now it carries a shit ton but i harvest more with a pick than my friendly rhino.  that much

their lack of learning from what they effed up on ARK isn't simply excused by EA.

Jesus man. You want to fix everything all at once. They can't u know? They don't have team large enought to fix all things in like a month. Thats why EA phase is planned for 2 years. 

Look at patches, they are fixing things all the time.

• Like 3

Jesus man. You want to fix everything all at once. They can't u know? They don't have team large enought to fix all things in like a month. Thats why EA phase is planned for 2 years. 

Look at patches, they are fixing things all the time.

maybe you read my post again before yelping at me

8 minutes ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

I did, still get the same. You are bitching at devs thats it. "They don't get the feedback from players bla blah". People were angry abour flame arrows - fixed, explosive barrels - fixed, animals aggroing on NPC crews on ships - fixed, alphas - fixed, overweighting ships in pve - fixed etc.

They still need to work on BattleEye, solve duping problrm, they still doing performance improvements.

I think they pretty much react to peoples feedback.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Willard said:

What's EA? I do agree they can't fix things immediately but goddamn this game just reminds me of an ark dlc that has some better and worse features lol. And because of all these issues I have been sending feedback, I used to never do so.

4 minutes ago, Bluexminder said:

What's EA? I do agree they can't fix things immediately but goddamn this game just reminds me of an ark dlc that has some better and worse features lol. And because of all these issues I have been sending feedback, I used to never do so.

Early access. U know, that unfinished, unbalanced product full of bugs, glitches etc. which need to be solved before the game releases and which costs 1/3 of its release price.

I got everything what I expected from EA Atlas. More to be honest. EA games are usually much worse bullshit than this 😉

Ye, some of my ships are gone because of lag issues, server restarts etc. I don't care since we all are on the same boat with this.

Edited by Willard

Just now, Willard said:

Early access. U know, that unfinished, unbalanced product full of bugs, glitches etc. which need to be solved before the game releases and which costs 1/3 of its release price.

Oh oh gotcha, I only started playing this game cause my friend bought it for me. So it pretty much is another ark then since I played that game in its beta. 

2 minutes ago, Bluexminder said:

Oh oh gotcha, I only started playing this game cause my friend bought it for me. So it pretty much is another ark then since I played that game in its beta. 

It has mechanics from ARK which is great. But it's sandbox mmo, ARK isn't. Im pretty positive about that. It's not finished game at all but thats what EA is. Try it, if you like ARK and u like ships you will probably have fun here.

It has mechanics from ARK which is great. But it's sandbox mmo, ARK isn't. Im pretty positive about that. It's not finished game at all but thats what EA is. Try it, if you like ARK and u like ships you will probably have fun here.

Oh I do play it and have enjoyed it for the most part. I only reference Ark because its the only game I've played like it. I get that its going to be a thing, the layout will be the same like counter strike/half life, dota/lol etc.

5 minutes ago, Bluexminder said:

Oh I do play it and have enjoyed it for the most part. I only reference Ark because its the only game I've played like it. I get that its going to be a thing, the layout will be the same like counter strike/half life, dota/lol etc.

Its from the same developers so why not use something which works 🙂

4 hours ago, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

Major fixes as you call them require time and effort. Look at the PvE grieving fix. Would you rather they shit out solutions like that or take some time to try to get it right?  The weight patch wasn't about how much they carry it was about the reduced weight and ships. You could bypass the ship limit with reduced weight. It wasn't to "Piss people off" it was to fix oversight. Yes this is EA, yes that word is used a lot, but you also have to remember this is only their 2nd game. The team isn't small but it sure as hell isn't AAA either and if you're familiar with ARK then why raise your expectations? We all know their incompetence is basically a meme at this point yet you still chose to click that EA buy button.

Edited by Nari
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

Major fixes as you call them require time and effort. Look at the PvE grieving fix. Would you rather they shit out solutions like that or take some time to try to get it right?  The weight patch wasn't about how much they carry it was about the reduced weight and ships. You could bypass the ship limit with reduced weight. It wasn't to "Piss people off" it was to fix oversight. Yes this is EA, yes that word is used a lot, but you also have to remember this is only their 2nd game. The team isn't small but it sure as hell isn't AAA either and if you're familiar with ARK then why raise your expectations? We all know their incompetence is basically a meme at this point yet you still chose to click that EA buy button.

I would consider all the PvE fixes as a disaster. They only had to count company crew/weight or even allow unlimited of both with speed reductions. Instead we have gotten more high-tech fixes with at best mixed results, worst case disasterous (floating players, wild animals etc...yes wild life floats on boats too!).

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

I would consider all the PvE fixes as a disaster. They only had to count company crew/weight or even allow unlimited of both with speed reductions. Instead we have gotten more high-tech fixes with at best mixed results, worst case disasterous (floating players, wild animals etc...yes wild life floats on boats too!).

Here's the issue with that logic. We don't know the source or backend. So saying "all they had to do" is like preaching to the choir. They clearly stated that the obvious solution(s) wont work for reasons we're not privy to.

4 minutes ago, Nari said:

Here's the issue with that logic. We don't know the source or backend. So saying "all they had to do" is like preaching to the choir. They clearly stated that the obvious solution(s) wont work for reasons we're not privy to.

I work with databases daily. They picked the hard way.

They simply made yet another bad call on how they wanted game mechanics. And the result gameplay wise have been very poor. Multiple fixes with a downside of their own. How did they even imagine boarding a ship in PvP would be like, sinking while they fight on the deck due to over crew count?

Edited by Shintai

Well , because the razortooth have the roar ability which cause fear to any tame and demoralize pirate , they have low stamina to stop people from spamming it .

1 hour ago, Shintai said:

I work with databases daily. They picked the hard way.

They simply made yet another bad call on how they wanted game mechanics. And the result gameplay wise have been very poor. Multiple fixes with a downside of their own. How did they even imagine boarding a ship in PvP would be like, sinking while they fight on the deck due to over crew count?

Working on databases does not equal working in game development or even understanding how their engine works in the slightest.  I'm not saying they chose the best solution but they picked what worked for the engine and what worked fairly.  Yes people get stuck, and honestly I'd rather that than ships that take hours of work getting sunk.

• Like 1

Ya it sucks. Its almost like the developers balanced it so there isn't some OP ground mount.

3 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

Well , because the razortooth have the roar ability which cause fear to any tame and demoralize pirate , they have low stamina to stop people from spamming it .

I think it would be a better solution to put a timer on the use of the roar, just like natures touch or natures call, i think the fact that it can run a very small distance and then have to stop because of a lack of stamina is quite silly, that would never help you in a combat situation, being out of stamina and standing around, mine currently has 120... i have more stamina than a dinosaur?

Edited by Esemo

2 hours ago, reapo said:

Ya it sucks. Its almost like the developers balanced it so there isn't some OP ground mount.

if you ever bothered to catch one you'd know it really isn't that op, its health isn't insane, bears have about 300 hp more, its damage on a level 5 tame is 29, which doesn't seem absurd to me, a bear almost does more if not it does do more, it can't jump, and when it uses its roar it is completely immobile, so it seems to me they either need to nerf bears which are the go to combat mount atm, or buff the razortooth because of its difficulty to get 

3 hours ago, reapo said:

Its obvious that you havent used one, why post trying to convince people it's balanced? Your just screwing up the Dev's ability to take in its players advice. 4 people that actually tamed one say "please help, razortooth needs more stam" and people like you who have no idea what its even like come in saying "no its balanced".

For anyone who hasn't tamed one, It its not even decent much less OP. After finally getting one tamed (which took 4 guys 6 hours BTW) it can run about the length of a schooner or 2 seconds before it runs completely out of stam, and starts walking about as fast as a player walks. Other stats are also nothing special, has only 300hp (does take 3X headshot multiplier), 250 weight ect. Can think of anything it does that a simple bear doesnt do better.

I'd also like to add on that the shieldhorn is also in a pretty rough spot, low damage, low carry weight, low stamina, but 3k food?

AH good ole forums poster just eliminating the absolute possibility that a player has done this or that in a video game.

The Razortooth is fine the way it is, and I agree the bears should be nerfed as well, especially because of the carts (i think bears should drain a shit ton more stamina if they have a cart on the back). In the back of my mind, the razortooth is going to be buffed to the point of it being OP or its not going to be buffed enough to where players are going to still complain about how bad it is. I've used my razortooth in just about every situation, clearing predators, PvP, whatever. I don't have any complaints about it. I've already lost a razortooth due to stamina, but then again, I played the situation very poorly and it eventually got taken out.

I think the biggest buff a Razortooh can get is if the bear gets nerfed so it can actually be utilized in PvP situations instead of it getting gunned down by bears with swivel carts.