RandomBritishDude

PvPers wont let new players on current Isands

2 hours ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

It's a fucking MMO. Learn how to make friends you damn basement dweller.

You see the irony in that statement. correct?

First "They can leave " now "It's an MMO"...

My apologies if I'm speaking too fast for you to keep up with the conversation but how will it be an MMO if people leave?

2 hours ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Lmao, yeah bet you're really friendly. Its hard to make friends on a PVP server where everything is hostile, you want me to walk up to a big ass faction and ask for land on my tiny ass raft/boat? Fuck no, I risk them breaking it and stealing what I've got after grinding hours and hours. For new players that are level 8, what are they to do? Most companies push away low levels and most low levels cant level up because they cant build a ship because all lawless servers are filled with too many people which means you cant build anything so you instead spend around 12 hours on a raft searching for a place to stop and level up without being killed so you respawn back at a freeport. Its very hard to get anywhere on a raft because by the time you finally reach the edge of a quadrant you have to turn around, sure If I met someone in a freeport and we wanted to team up I could make friends, now I have 2 people with me, shit maybe 3 for a full raft, now what? Now there are 3 people in the same situation as the one person was in except now you seriously cant be trusted by any companies because a party of 3 is way scarier than a party of 1. Real cute "make friends" joke asshole. Perhaps you should see what others have to deal with before you spew your uneducated speech everywhere.

3 hours ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Due to how this game is built and how it works then what Cpt. Peggy Leggy says here is pretty much the truth and is the way you get forward on the official pvp servers. It may sound harsh but thats how it is.

Megatribes thrive and will continue to do so with how the game is made. You will be a target for farming if you are a small timer and will constantly get raided or get your land stolen from someone bigger when they find you.

I joined a megatribe myself after trying to play with a small group in the beginning and got constantly raided, and I can tell you that the fun im having now is absolutely amazing with massive warfleets and tons of pvp and things to do as well as a huge crew of people to work together with.

1 hour ago, Voice said:

Lmao, yeah bet you're really friendly. Its hard to make friends on a PVP server where everything is hostile, you want me to walk up to a big ass faction and ask for land on my tiny ass raft/boat? Fuck no, I risk them breaking it and stealing what I've got after grinding hours and hours. For new players that are level 8, what are they to do? Most companies push away low levels and most low levels cant level up because they cant build a ship because all lawless servers are filled with too many people which means you cant build anything so you instead spend around 12 hours on a raft searching for a place to stop and level up without being killed so you respawn back at a freeport. Its very hard to get anywhere on a raft because by the time you finally reach the edge of a quadrant you have to turn around, sure If I met someone in a freeport and we wanted to team up I could make friends, now I have 2 people with me, shit maybe 3 for a full raft, now what? Now there are 3 people in the same situation as the one person was in except now you seriously cant be trusted by any companies because a party of 3 is way scarier than a party of 1. Real cute "make friends" joke asshole. Perhaps you should see what others have to deal with before you spew your uneducated speech everywhere.

Go to the Company recruiting section of the forums...duh

8 hours ago, ralifur said:

Due to how this game is built and how it works then what Cpt. Peggy Leggy says here is pretty much the truth and is the way you get forward on the official pvp servers. It may sound harsh but thats how it is.

Megatribes thrive and will continue to do so with how the game is made. You will be a target for farming if you are a small timer and will constantly get raided or get your land stolen from someone bigger when they find you.

I joined a megatribe myself after trying to play with a small group in the beginning and got constantly raided, and I can tell you that the fun im having now is absolutely amazing with massive warfleets and tons of pvp and things to do as well as a huge crew of people to work together with.

The argument wasn't if you were going to get rekt.  Only that there should be a place for solo players and small companies to build... there are lawless regions for them now that they are reverting back to unclaimable zones.

Most will still get raided on the daily, but that's what happens in PvP. If they want safe-ish game play there is PvE servers.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:48 PM, RandomBritishDude said:

I have sailed through 6 grid squares and on every island I am told to go away. I have tried about 20 different islands and all are being unfriendly. I feel I have to restart on a PvE server just too experience the game. I have no idea how they are going to resolve this, to stop new players from feeling like not playing due to this big issue. 

You hit the nail on the head my friend. This is a PvP server, stop spamming the forums with such non-sense. You're clearly a PvE player, learn your role. 

There is legit 100s of islands, and its fact that there not all claimed yet go find your self an island or find  someone willing to share. There are a lot of people willing to share land with an alliance deal.

On 12/24/2018 at 2:08 PM, Sulfurblade said:

There is alot of truth to this...

Here is my recommendations for you if your newer and late to the land claim party....

Find Sap There is an Tree with Orange Leaves with a dotted bark its got sap use a pickaxe on it...  I saw the tree on the edge band of tropical and temperate...

Once you have a good 100 sap about 3 tree's you have yourself enough to make a set of Fur armor...

Take your fur armor and head to the tundra and be sure to bring lots and lots of fiber with you as there is no fiber there!!!

The weather will in a way defend you, and you shouldn't have alot of competition for land!

tundra is getting packed as well.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:48 PM, RandomBritishDude said:

I have sailed through 6 grid squares and on every island I am told to go away. I have tried about 20 different islands and all are being unfriendly. I feel I have to restart on a PvE server just too experience the game. I have no idea how they are going to resolve this, to stop new players from feeling like not playing due to this big issue. 

So true, i tried since release on 20 different islands.

As soon as you arrive, claim and build -> grenade/mortar squad squeezing your stone fortress easily.

I dont know how other islands are run but we allow people to farm for materials, come to trade and/or hunt for treasures as long as they announce their presence first. But i dont think we will open up our islands for people to build on anytime soon.

I dont know how other islands are run but we allow people to farm for materials, come to trade and/or hunt for treasures as long as they announce their presence first. But i dont think we will open up our islands for people to build on anytime soon.

12 hours ago, AreYouReady2Die said:

WHAT we need is a giant wall.. a glorious wall..  and well make them pay for it

Good idea ! The mexicans should pay this wall and the night watch should guard it !

On 1/5/2019 at 2:50 PM, AreYouReady2Die said:

WHAT we need is a giant wall.. a glorious wall..  and well make them pay for it

lol

On 12/24/2018 at 1:48 PM, RandomBritishDude said:

Yeah you need to go to pve. Can’t even feel bad for new players anymore. They belong in pve and they need to stay there.

if you don’t join a mega then you get what’s coming to you. It is the new players fault really 

On 12/25/2018 at 4:38 AM, The Falcon said:

then after many hours in a "freeport" to gather resources to make a raft, you go finally come to an island... where there are so many claim flags, gators, snakes, you cannot do anything but die and have your raft destroyed.  Good luck to you.

Yeah, the solo / small company experience in this game is trash.
Pure and simple.
If you manage to fight through the cancer of the free ports and land on an unclaimed spot, you'll be evicted very quickly, even on Tundra. If you land on a lawless island, your bed on the raft your got there on (because you cant spawn on a bed inland) will be smashed and you'll need to respawn back in the freeport...
That said, I've joined a Mid sized company and I'm having fun. Though typically as a new member you'll not be trusted with anything outside of farming Fibre/Metal/Wood etc for awhile... because people 'inside' each other in these sort of games. 😞

9 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah you need to go to pve. Can’t even feel bad for new players anymore. They belong in pve and they need to stay there.

if you don’t join a mega then you get what’s coming to you. It is the new players fault really 

You are totally right and hitted just in the nail... Joining a megacompany is a must in a PvP server, so Why not making 4-6 mega factions and force players to join one (NPC like)...and after that you can create your own companies inside that mega factions??

Everything the company claims is for that company but owned by the megafaction, maybe this way the game could have a reason to pvp rather than to ruin someone's day, and small companies (even solo players) could have a reason to exist and play.

(This is just my opinion)

• Like 1

Out of the blue my friend and I were recruited to join a company and the game is much more fun.  Actually get to learn more about the game but get to sail on bigger ships and enjoy some ship to ship combat....win or lose it is cool.  The game has come a long way and hope they keep improving it.  I agree that the mega tribes will rule the day when all said and done.  Even the small companies like ours will eventually crumble beneath the withering attack a mega tribe can produce.  Until then the battle rages on.

Edited by The Falcon
context addition

Because the 2-10 players are a threat to a 30+ clan get real, most of the small groups just want a base to build a large boat to experience pvp sea fights and don't really want to deal with land battle, if its a group of 10 then its probably a group of friends IRL and are trying to take over a full island just have a place where they arn't being taxed out the butt, it just takes a clan switching their flag from everyone to company only to take over some ones stuff. 

Well, let me share with you what my tribe and my alliance on Ark did when we were having an issue with finding a server to call our own.

We were very small, probably 10 guys max. Mind you that the mega tribes controlling these servers often have upwards of 500 players, all cycling time zones so a lot of people will be online farming and/or defending at any given time. So we can't surprise them. So we decided to just annoy the shit out of them. Flame arrows, random C4 on their farming dinos we caught out while they were farming etc. All the while living out of a 1x1x1 in the forest where they can't find us. Eventually they got so annoyed with us they started asking for help finding us. This gained attention from their enemies, who also contacted us. This worked in our favor, and we gave their enemies info on the server, they came and wiped them for us. 

Of course we can't hold a server with a small group, but at least we were able to build up and play peacefully for a while.

My point here is that you don't have to be big to be a big name in PvP. Yes, it helps. But if you're good enough at guerrilla pvp and hiding, then you'll do fine. And if a group is being dicks to you, know they're also being dicks to other people in the area, most likely other small companies. So band up with them, ally up, and go get rid of them. A great place to do this is lawless. Also, if you do find a strong alliance, just take an island in lawless until you're all strong enough to go together to go conquest some territory in claimable land. It's not hard, it just takes patience, skill, and a bit of smarts.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:42 AM, Adristor said:

You are totally right and hitted just in the nail... Joining a megacompany is a must in a PvP server, so Why not making 4-6 mega factions and force players to join one (NPC like)...and after that you can create your own companies inside that mega factions??

Everything the company claims is for that company but owned by the megafaction, maybe this way the game could have a reason to pvp rather than to ruin someone's day, and small companies (even solo players) could have a reason to exist and play.

(This is just my opinion)

Yeah like any mmo that forces grouping up on large teams would do.  Simply put if this is the only option you will allow players to have then you need to have factions to choose from so there is a reason and balance to the pvp.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, AGM Solomon said:

Well, let me share with you what my tribe and my alliance on Ark did when we were having an issue with finding a server to call our own.

We were very small, probably 10 guys max. Mind you that the mega tribes controlling these servers often have upwards of 500 players, all cycling time zones so a lot of people will be online farming and/or defending at any given time. So we can't surprise them. So we decided to just annoy the shit out of them. Flame arrows, random C4 on their farming dinos we caught out while they were farming etc. All the while living out of a 1x1x1 in the forest where they can't find us. Eventually they got so annoyed with us they started asking for help finding us. This gained attention from their enemies, who also contacted us. This worked in our favor, and we gave their enemies info on the server, they came and wiped them for us. 

Of course we can't hold a server with a small group, but at least we were able to build up and play peacefully for a while.

My point here is that you don't have to be big to be a big name in PvP. Yes, it helps. But if you're good enough at guerrilla pvp and hiding, then you'll do fine. And if a group is being dicks to you, know they're also being dicks to other people in the area, most likely other small companies. So band up with them, ally up, and go get rid of them. A great place to do this is lawless. Also, if you do find a strong alliance, just take an island in lawless until you're all strong enough to go together to go conquest some territory in claimable land. It's not hard, it just takes patience, skill, and a bit of smarts.

Seems like the bed limitation hinders this kind of approach in Atlas. 

My advice if your a solo player wanting to get into this game is to head to the companies section and get talking to people who are wanting to recruit players.
No one is likely to survive solo in this game, in the same way you're never going to be anything on WoW, for example, if you're solo.

If you really want to force your way into the game with your 3 person group then you need to go to a lawless island and forget the raft. Go inland, build a base away from the water. Level up there, and then start pushing outwards to the water when you're more dug in. The closer you are to the water the more attention you'll draw.  

It's the pvp server.. i would suggest either restarting on pve or joining a company. As this game is like over 50% based on being part of a decent sized company. Just the way the game is designed. I love it. But if you wanted to play server there are small private servers, avoid the official PVP servers