Sign in to follow this  
Ducimus

20 min to add 270mb

so the patch that just came there deffo was something wrong… 20 min to add 270mb... and no nothing on my end it was downloaded in secs its the patching itself… was i in the middle of a fight in my brig i guess its sunk now lol gg

Edited by Ducimus

yup and my brig is gone they could log in before me and sink witrh fire arrows… fuck this game!!! seriously

im so fucking done with this crap ass ark copy ill rather play sea of thieves then this game is so fucking retardet

that's why I prefer private over official, cause if something like this does happen 9/10 server admins give stuff back

• Like 1

Mh, i had a 1gb patch, not 270mb, not 9gb...

Strange thing..

Edited by Chett

this game is just fucking retardet… fuck that shit not gonna waste any more time on this bullshit game

1 hour ago, Chett said:

Mh, i had a 1gb patch, not 270mb, not 9gb...

Strange thing..

but it didn't stop me from getting in on the unofficial server I play on, but the admin was willing to restart the server for me

@Ducimus

Jup, sometimes i think the same way. Too early rushed out cash grab with a ton of not well thought game mechanics and bugs. 

But someone will tell ya soon, that u didnt understand the meaning of EA....*smile*

Edited by Chett

i mean its not like i havent ryed to give it a chance.. i have over 400 hours played in this game... but there is jsut always something wrong…. and this havent even anything to do about all the duping which is also going on!... i feel really sad for those playing in bigger companies! 

Its not really the ATLAS devs fault that steam has issues sending a patch to you is it now?

3 hours ago, Ducimus said:

this game is just fucking retardet… fuck that shit not gonna waste any more time on this bullshit game

Nooooo!!1! Come back!! This game is so useless without you! I don't know what to do when you will quit the game! 

• Haha 2

There was no problem sending us the patch, it was the install taking over 40 min for me, 320MB 😕

Edited by robertr1fx

16 hours ago, Ducimus said:

so the patch that just came there deffo was something wrong… 20 min to add 270mb... and no nothing on my end it was downloaded in secs its the patching itself… was i in the middle of a fight in my brig i guess its sunk now lol gg

Dont get in a fight when they announce a patch? They gave us plenty of notice.

1 hour ago, robertr1fx said:

There was no problem sending us the patch, it was the install taking over 40 min for me, 320MB 😕

May want to not have your game on an external hard drive then. Either way its a slow hard drive thats causing that. Both you and the OP as well.

2 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

May want to not have your game on an external hard drive then. Either way its a slow hard drive thats causing that. Both you and the OP as well.

Actually you are wrong there. My SSD is always fast at installing all the patches for Atlas and any game. This particular patch though took a while on mine too, but i've never experienced that before, so yeah it isn't my internal SSD that had the problem. I wasn't fussed about it though, but when all patches download/install quickly it's fine, but when it takes ages like that particular one it's easy to blame the hard drive. It's funny so many people reported the same issue with the exact same patch, we must all be using external hard drives. :classic_blink:

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

we must all be using external hard drives.

An internal HD on a laptop aint much better actually. And there are cheap SSDs that are not too fast as well.

6 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's funny so many people reported the same issue

Im sure they all have SSDs as well...

Just now, Nutcutt3r said:

An internal HD on a laptop aint much better actually. And there are cheap SSDs that are not too fast as well.

Im sure they all have SSDs as well...

I don't use a laptop. Nice troll, nice troll.

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I don't use a laptop. Nice troll, nice troll.

I never said you did.

like i started out saying it was nothing on my end... the computer is not even a month old and only have ssd harddiscs in it... i have never had a patch not even the start of february patch which was 6gb taking that long to install!..

and when its not only me but many ppl who experienced it how do u explain that NutcutteR? we all must have broken computers or playing on laptops? come on man get real it was clearly something fucked with the patch and i really dont care if its atlas og steams fault it just shouldnt happen that some ppl can log in before others and wipe whole tribes cus of an mistake on their end....

and i did try to move back to my harbour but what does it mather when it startss out saying 10 minutes to patch then right after not even 2 mins after the patch gets deployed? those bullshit warnings is never correct… i did try to sail back to base but we had no where near the 10 mins which was announced and apperently the ppl attacking could log in straigt away where me and the ppl from the tribe had to wait 20-30 mins for it to patch so when we logged in the ship was sunk and they had starting claiming our island….