Sign in to follow this  
INVALID

Captain's Log 20: Lunar New Year! 🐷

Ahoy Pathfinders! 

The Year of the Pig represents hard work, discipline and overall putting one's nose to the grindstone. It also signifies a focus on generosity and goodwill. We wish all of you a fortunate and rewarding Year of the Pig! 🐷

:pirate_mask: happy year of the pig! :pirate_mask:

large.Steam_Lunar_Sale.png

To celebrate, you can now save 17% off ATLAS as part of Steam Lunar New Year Sale! The game will be on offer until February 11th, 2019.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834910/ATLAS/

:hook: weekly patch roundup! :hook:

Complete Patch Notes

In our last Captain’s Log, we spoke about some upcoming Design Changes for the game. That’s still a focus for our team and we’ll start to see those changes as we get into March and the months beyond. If you didn’t get a chance to read about, you can do so here:

In the meantime, the team are preparing on getting the major February content patch out. In addition to new content and features, we’ve still been iterating heavily on the live version of ATLAS, releasing two major versions and multiple minor version updates in the past week. Our time was split between various different areas, including many critical bugs and exploit fixes, as well as some major balance changes for our musical instruments, the Kraken, and some more general/misc notes.

:anchor: released patch notes :anchor:

:skull: up to v18.46 :skull:

Server Performance
- Eliminated Cannon Animations playing entirely on the server for performance savings
- Multiple serious performance optimisations for companies on servers
- Linux WaveWorks optimisations (Linux Servers will run much better)
- Server optimisation for structures on boats

General Bug & Exploit Fixes
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to stall out servers
- Added extra protection to inventories to fix and prevent players from bypassing pin codes
- Fixed a case which allowed players to enter the bottom of ships
- Fixed a case which allowed players to clip and stick themselves inside the boat's hull
- Protected against players accessing inventories from outside ships via clipping into boats
- Fixed multiple cases where players would fall through structures upon server restart, login, transition, etc.
- Fixed a crash which would occur when transitioning with the sextant buff
- Fixed Swivel Cannons from firing through walls
- Swapped Mythical and Legendary in the descriptions for tools skills tier 2 and 3, as they were previously incorrect.
- Fixed a bug where beds that were placed beyond the default accommodation limit were destroyed on server load
- Turrets and Cannons will no longer fire underwater and can no longer be mounted underwater
- Fixed a bug allowing players to reset all glider cooldowns by moving the glider between hotbar slots
- Increased the required minimum diving velocity before going into the glide-fall state to reduce gaining/maintaining height
- Ghost Ship has been fixed and will now take damage.
- Fixed a case where players/boats would get stuck playing transition ping-pong between two servers, frequently happened with large boats.
- Fixed multiple server crashes
- Fixed a server startup crash that would effect modded servers
- Fixed a bug which prevented players from being able to demolish structures
- Fixed an exploit related to demolishing structures on Lawless Servers
- Fixed Barshot so that it now targets sails and acts a slow through to incapacitating a ship's movement as intended.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the activity timer on PvE claim flags to tick into the negatives. Also updated so the timer now displays days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Fixed an incorrect fibre reference in crafting barshot
- Fixed a bug where Dead Bodies wouldn't be replicated on servers with replication turned off (Freeports and all PVE)
- Fixed a bug where picking up a higher quality structure within the pick up timeframe would result in the common structure, rather than the specific higher quality itself

Balance
- Explosive Barrels can no longer be placed on enemy ships. This is a temporary measure due to undesired gameplay. We are going to be redesigning the barrels from a technical/gameplay point of view to give them more use in the future.
- Whale Counts have been boosted on the Tundra and reduced the spawn interval between whales by 50%
- Wild Dragon damage has been reduced by 30%
- Golden Age Spawns have had their spawn interval increased from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and increased distance from players from 7700 to 9000
- The gold cost has been increased on upgrading higher quality items and structures
- Cooking Recipes spoil time has been increased
- Tamed Dragon lifespan reduced to 3 hours
- Tamed Dragon damage reduced by 33%
- Tamed Dragon health reduced by 33%

Quality of Life
- Allow players to pick-up structures if you're on the same team even if you do not have demolish rights
- Global Number of Ships is now displayed in the player's ATLAS Map UI. We'll be making this more visible on the UI in a future update. It will not display if you do not have any ships and do not belong to a company.
- Added a Crew name filter for company UI
- Ghost ship will now appear every night rather than every 3 nights
- Option to hide territory broadcast messages
- Territory broadcast message boxes now scale according to the character size of the message
- Gunport camera socket has been lowered and moved forward for better viewing when shooting from gunports
- PvE players will now be able to see their claim flag's inactivity timer on the flag itself
- Attacking Player no longer needs to be in range for declaiming progress
- Glider now has a required dive duration rather than a forced dive cooldown (achieves the same nerf effect on glider spam and feels better to use)
- Pinging on an enemy claim flag should show all contesting NPC crew, in addition to players.
- PvE servers will now automatically kill any character that has not been logged in for 4 weeks. Official Network only.
- PvE servers can now use the homeserver option which disables replication on sleeping/logged off bodies. (Non Default but enabled on Official Network). 
- PvE claim flags now only allow logged in players to contest the claim

Game.ini:
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
bHomeServerDontReplicateLoggedOutPlayers=1
(enables logged off/sleeping players from replicating on home servers)
bPvEDontReplicateLoggedOutPlayers=1
(enables non-replicating logged off/sleeping players on all PvE servers)

Musical Instruments
- Various buffs/changes made to musical songs played on the Accordion and War Drum.
- Tweaked war drum battle songs to eliminate a big gap in the note sheet preview (just the preview, not the actual song)
- Fixed a bug causing the buff timer shown on the music UI during a looping song that gives a perpetual buff to become off by 1 second from the actual buff timer.
- Fixed a bug causing notes to incorrectly fail when activated near the edges of song loops
- Fixed a bug where client fps stutters could cause notes to fail that should have been auto-played
- Fixed server issue that could disconnect clients if they had a lot of map entities.

Kraken Changes
- Fixed a bug with the Kraken which would have inflicted a high amount of unintended damage
- The Kraken's Barrier will no longer damage ships on collision
- Kraken will no longer give impulses to players for the tentacle slams or tentacle impacts
- Impacts with the Kraken bodyparts will no longer cause ship damage
- Ship of the Damned Kraken minions are now damageable in PvE
- Reduced the damage of the Kraken homing projectiles by 50%
- Increased the damage taken by the Kraken tentacles by 50%

Misc
- Cleaned up an error message when attempting to craft a boat when you were at the maximum global limit
- Added a 12-second delay between playing status voice clips (such as injured or starvation)
- Reduced tutorial background opacity
- Made it so the text wasn't cut off for long paragraphs in the tutorial
- Mod Map Extensions now work (and will not require recooking the mod)
- PvE Claim Flag inactivity timer has been adjusted so that it now scales dynamically. A company with a small number of flags will be declaimable after 3 weeks of inactivity, whereas a company with a large number of claim flags would be declaimable after 3 days of inactivity.
- Top Companies will have their names displayed on the left-hand side of the map and are now granted special nameplates and figureheads
- Improved Ship position on the minimap so that it updates more smoothly
- Company Flags will now update properly onto www.playatlas.com
- Climbing on other boat's ladders now disabled in PvE if the ship is anchored
- Added Effect descriptions to Music and Cooking Recipes

This is just the tip of the iceberg for our upcoming plans and over time we’ll be sharing more and working closely with you to ensure that ATLAS gets one step closer to becoming one of the most ambitious persistent online worlds of all time and fulfilling its destiny as the ultimate fantasy pirate adventure!

:map: Dynamic atlas maps round-up :map:

The ATLAS Dynamic Maps is a system that monitors live in-game territory ownership and indicates which companies dominate over the lands. 

Each week with our Captain’s Log, we’ll be including an image to monitor the progress of the maps, taking note of any exits or new arrivals and any drastic changes in the overall claim. 

Those who will come to dominate the ATLAS may very well become clear in the days and weeks ahead, though maintaining a large Empire will likely come with its own longer-term challenges…

The companies that have occupied islands for a certain period of time will soon gain the automatic privilege to name them on the in-game and web maps, as it is their land! 

Remember you can don your Company’s company flag by stylizing it in the game with a paintbrush! Upload your own images or design it how you like, with the top company flags always being visible on https://map.playatlas.com/

[EU PVP] The Whale's Wrath

large.1545000705_Week7-EUPVP-TheWhalesWrath.jpg

Held: French & Ships, The French Monkeys, IVANARMY, ENSLAVED, Frogues Orientales, and Eternal Diamond

Arrivals: OOOOOOOOOF, CHZ!!**, Dark Project Armada, CHEPO

Departures: Bad Company, ETERNIA, Goulou Goulou, Les Spectres, Future

[NA PVP] The Kraken's Maw

large.1806954138_Week7-NAPVP-TheKrakensMaw.jpg

Held: Dynasty, High Seas Booty Bandits, TPG, CSTG, OWO, No No No, and The Federation

Arrivals: Destiny, BLDX, Team Casualty

Departures: Barry Sails, The Cartel, Black Butterfiy ?BB???

And whilst there isn’t active PvP on PVE servers, we’d like to recognize the following Companies for their claims!

[EU PVE] The Siren's Call

large.226152334_Week7-EUPVE-TheSirensCall.jpg

Held: Compagnie des Indes, Rum ueber Bord, Phantasia, Future Company (HUN), SouL SanD, Dos Bros$, SwiftS.RU, and Black Hand

Arrivals: mochi and Woelfe des Rudels

Departures:  Fenrirs Dogs and JomsViking

[NA PVE] The Hydra's Den

large.1229272131_Week7-NAPVE-TheHydrasDen.jpg

Held: Scales & Sails, The Exiles, Atlas Shrugged, East India Trading Co, Paragon, Lotus, Darksea Dawgs, Without Divide and Sons of Orion

Arrivals: Milky Armada

Departures: Narcos

:skull: Show 'n Tell Showcase #3 :skull:

We’re still collecting entries for the Show ‘n Tell! So you have a little longer to astound us with your creations, be they your fleets, building designs, imaginative tatts, entertaining videos, original fanart or scenic screenshots. Don’t be shy and head to the submission thread for a chance to win some booty in the form of a cash prize!

:wheel:

Alrighty, that ’s it for this log! Thank you so much for becoming a part of our crew and we can't wait to show all you scallywags, landlubbers, captains, and seadogs what lies ahead!

Happy Sailing,

Grapeshot Games

🏴☠️For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information🏴☠️

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

Flags need to maintain  or something  ist no Challenge to put all x min a Flag down without  any maintenance. Log Ship kills ore PvP kills idk but puting down a Flag is nothing  and say nothing about a Company .

I am still having cobras slither through stone walls.  I sure hope that gets fixed soon. They are not climbing the walls, they are going right through them.

• Like 3

nothing about the Kraken being killed by a fleet of 52 ships combined of the top companies on the server? Would have thought that would merit a mention.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Freeezy said:

Flags need to maintain  or something  ist no Challenge to put all x min a Flag down without  any maintenance. Log Ship kills ore PvP kills idk but puting down a Flag is nothing  and say nothing about a Company .

It's a metric that looks good on a map. 

"Top Companies" does not say they are the best. It says they are the top land holders. While that may not be super meaningful, and certainly isn't a metric by which I measure my efforts in the game, it is a meta-goal that the designers have selected for companies. Mostly, as I said, because it looks good on a map.

Griefers and cheats are killing this game, for the love of God, do something and add offfline mode aswell......Thankyou

Confined underwater caves please so the small fry have somewhere to contest.

Edited by Zensiji
Amends were made.

Still no removal of the age mechanic, the main reason people dropped out of the game in a nosedive to begin with.

Still regarding "top companies" as "top" despite them only having the most land claims, and not actually being the best.

Guys. .How out of touch are you?.. How many polls on the age mechanic do we need until you remove it?. .

You've pissed off : 

-people who care about cosmetics

-people who want to keep playing their character

-people who don't have time to deal with this stupid FOY quest.

Just scrap the stupid thing already! Remove age, and you'll see a resurgence in players. The core game (like ark) DOES. NOT. NEED. IT.

Edited by Tina Toothpick
  • Like 2

man you don't die yet and you get an awesome buff so where's the beef???? a 10% loss isn't game changing and the FoY is pretty easy to do nekkid runs to. I would just like to see a glow on the stone islands on the map to denote the FoY instead of having to search forums or the atlas discord.

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, Zadira said:

I am still having cobras slither through stone walls.  I sure hope that gets fixed soon. They are not climbing the walls, they are going right through them.

Also having them spawn inside of bases should be fixed. I do not even understand why you see the cobras in the tundra regions. Almost all snakes die in cold snowy climates and only a few extremely rare snakes could survive in snow.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, Tina Toothpick said:

Still no removal of the age mechanic, the main reason people dropped out of the game in a nosedive to begin with.

Still regarding "top companies" as "top" despite them only having the most land claims, and not actually being the best.

Guys. .How out of touch are you?.. How many polls on the age mechanic do we need until you remove it?. .

You've pissed off : 

-people who care about cosmetics

-people who want to keep playing their character

-people who don't have time to deal with this stupid FOY quest.

Just scrap the stupid thing already! Remove age, and you'll see a resurgence in players. The core game (like ark) DOES. NOT. NEED. IT.

I agree with the age mechanics. I have seen so many quit the game because of it. Now after seeing 7 different brand new players quit after like 30 minutes to get a refund because they can not stand things like the age system, the ridiculous land claim system, and the lack of real instruction except those pop ups that last a few seconds before giving you time to read it. I had one player come into our zone from the freeport complaining about dying, they were not even taught to place a bed on your boat. Most actual new players have No idea what ark is like so they only go by what the beginning area tells them to do which is little to nothing. I am surprised they do not have actual dialog and quest from NPC's.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:50 PM, Zadira said:

Yes, this needs to be fixed.  They also glitch through the foundation floors of my base and I can't get to them to kill them.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:44 AM, sand man said:

Griefers and cheats are killing this game, for the love of God, do something and add offfline mode aswell......Thankyou

I quit playing on official servers.  I now play on a rented server.

Where is the support of this game ? I already opened 5 diferent tickets for diferent problems I had and no response for a month now...

You really think you will be able to release an mmo game with out any kind of support for the bugs and glitches of the game ???? For real ??

On 2/12/2019 at 5:38 AM, waghappyfeet said:

Where is the support of this game ? I already opened 5 diferent tickets for diferent problems I had and no response for a month now...

You really think you will be able to release an mmo game with out any kind of support for the bugs and glitches of the game ???? For real ??

I was thinking the same thing tickets filed as far back as Jan 14th no response.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:52 PM, Beardacus said:

I was thinking the same thing tickets filed as far back as Jan 14th no response.

They don't respond to anything that isn't promiting their game, bug report section is a wasteland where even topics are closed of issues that aren't resolved at all or properly. On twitter they only reply to things that are positive about Atlas or have nothing to do with the game itself. Meanwhile Ark's playerbase is even going down with Atlas playerbase, soon they are able to shut down all official servers and do even less about issues and let modders take over with unofficial servers, it wouldnt surprise me they never finished the game within the 2 year EA period cuz let's face it, they robbed us from our money and aren't listening to our feedback until it's too late and they see they have no players left, few more weeks and the only ones left on official servers are hackers, cheaters and die hard idiots.