mrcrash

PVE acquired land, now dealing with x-tenant

I do believe this is a type of griefing, where the previous owner jammed his boat in the the middle of a camp / dock while it being constructed.

I have created a ticket with all the info and screen caps, however it does not seem to be getting any attention.

while there might be many things i can do on the same level as this player , i don't see an end, and just wasting time.. I would hope an server admin and the folks that control such things would rid me of the problem.   

I am not bothered by a someone contesting the claim, i even tried offering a dialog, a trade of sorts i was open to anything. but putting a boat there in PVE where i can't touch seeme like misuse of game mechanics.

I understand its alpha, and balance is a thing that is still in the works, and even that fact i can't touch this boat is from a fix so stop other types of griefing.

I included much detail in my ticket and i have not even gotten a single response, the issue with context of the ticket is pretty cut and dry.

others have reported the  same issue with the same player.

Are these issues being handled ? 

Is there any ETA?

I do enjoy the taxes 😛 

just incase my buddy Davey Jones ( +1 on creativity buddy ) is reading, ya talking about you, i would  have been happy to trade / sell / split. but now we will just keep taxes. 

• Like 1

yha could take a bit.. If you go to your ticket post you will see what number you are.  But i have heard that the admins are dealing with this.. last one i heard similar to this the admins straight deleted the ship person lost everything on it..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pax said:

yha could take a bit.. If you go to your ticket post you will see what number you are.  But i have heard that the admins are dealing with this.. last one i heard similar to this the admins straight deleted the ship person lost everything on it..

can you point me to where this is? i am not seeing any kind of status update. with the newness and actual bugs and what not, i by no means  expect same day service 😛 i can wish tho :).   

How can i view what number i am ?

oh you are talking about the actual ticket number ? 

i see that, but that does not tell me any kinda of ETA or someone has reviewed it. 

Thanks for the info tho.

You did give them your server location using the console command correct? If so, they will take care of it. Sucks its taking awhile though.

• Like 1

i did not so the ccc, i just learned that, however i did give them the base X/Y with screen caps.  

I have had a new neighbor show up and next thing I know they circled my base with large gates and rain barrels. Submitted a ticket waiting to see if anything happens. If it remains I think i will move on to something else, I didn't sink 350 hours on a PVE server just to have to start over on account of players acting a fool. Of course as it is in lawless i will be logging on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday to make sure the base stays active. 

• Like 4

I had some people do the same to my company https://imgur.com/a/k138bsr

they even went as far as to block us from changing our flags from build everyone when it somehow ended up on that setting.  problem was when we claimed that area they were not the owners they just so happend to claim the area later

1 hour ago, Deruoo said:

I had some people do the same to my company https://imgur.com/a/k138bsr

they even went as far as to block us from changing our flags from build everyone when it somehow ended up on that setting.  problem was when we claimed that area they were not the owners they just so happend to claim the area later

If you can access a single flag you are able to copy build settings to all flags (its one of the options when you access the falg)

@Gindorf we were able to but was hard because they and encased that flag with gates took some creativity to get over the gates to get to any flag.  the pictures are after we regained some control of our area but due to all the gates and foundations they put down the area is unusable by either side but they also were able to claim around us so they have put gates there encasing our area still

3 hours ago, Poot Pootington said:

Aggro a SotD and hide behind the ship. 

Problem solved. 

This is considered Greifing.  Fighting a greifer by becoming one risks you getting banned as well. No Recommended 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pax said:

This is considered Greifing.  Fighting a greifer by becoming one risks you getting banned as well. No Recommended 

They threaten that as well lol. and i agree i rather not "sink" to their level. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, mrcrash said:

They threaten that as well lol. and i agree i rather not "sink" to their level. 🙂

i see what you did there

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:42 PM, Pax said:

Please show me in coc where this is considered griefing bc i am pretty sure they arent currently doing anything about this. It is happening everywhere

7 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Please show me in coc where this is considered griefing bc i am pretty sure they arent currently doing anything about this. It is happening everywhere

```

Disrupt the game

```

Since its PvE i cant touch the boat, and its blocking progress.

and the problem was resolved. after they closed my ticket, the boat simply sunk , and was salvageable. 

43 minutes ago, mrcrash said:

```

Disrupt the game

```

Since its PvE i cant touch the boat, and its blocking progress.

and the problem was resolved. after they closed my ticket, the boat simply sunk , and was salvageable. 

So it still boils down possible to rng. Bc a lot of ppl getting repetitively griefed with video evidence and tickets going no where....

GM's won't do anything about griefing. Paragon was sinking people's ships to force them to give them their land. I had screenshots upon screenshots of them doing it. I put in a ticket on January 15th about it, @AmberEnix replied a few days later wanting more information but has since ghosted me. And today, my ticket received that wonderful automated message and was closed.

"Top Company" btw.. what a joke 

On 2/7/2019 at 2:46 PM, Indywoodtiger said:

I have had a new neighbor show up and next thing I know they circled my base with large gates and rain barrels. Submitted a ticket waiting to see if anything happens. If it remains I think i will move on to something else, I didn't sink 350 hours on a PVE server just to have to start over on account of players acting a fool. Of course as it is in lawless i will be logging on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday to make sure the base stays active. 

Yes I have 500hrs on it so far so I know how you feel, I think i've been through it all before settling on an island.

I'm currently on lawless because I'm done with all the crap on claim flags, I just like the building element and sailing off and coming back. I made sure when I first arrived when I saw an empty spot I put down post markers and laid out an area I want so I can build. I'm not talking about a very large area like spamming but I do think putting posts down helps solve this problem to some degree.

I'm so lucky I have a very nice neighbour, he lost his ships the other day so I gave him alot of resources, he gave me a tame and now we help each other out when needed, that's how I love this game when everyone is friendly. I wouldn't move from my island if someone paid me gold :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, Relleron said:

GM's won't do anything about griefing. Paragon was sinking people's ships to force them to give them their land. I had screenshots upon screenshots of them doing it. I put in a ticket on January 15th about it, @AmberEnix replied a few days later wanting more information but has since ghosted me. And today, my ticket received that wonderful automated message and was closed.

"Top Company" btw.. what a joke 

See....griefing and now top company!!!!! There is ur sign. Griefing is an acceptable mechanic of the game it seems and a preferred method to be the top group apparently. It is a pirate game.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

See....griefing and now top company!!!!! There is ur sign. Griefing is an acceptable mechanic of the game it seems and a preferred method to be the top group apparently. It is a pirate game.......

Yes that's how I am seeing it also, I don't think they want to change it. I've always had the impression they favour those big groups. Personally I think they are keeping these exploits in the game for their own purposes to test what people can and can't do.

It's not fun on the players though and the genuine ones are leaving in droves leaving the trolls and people using these exploits. I think if it gets to the point where this is happening daily on our island I will more than likely leave the game myself even though I have 500hrs so far.

The devs need to think long and hard about this, do they want the cheaters to remain or the genuine people who want to actually play it because ones they've left and felt abandoned it will be very hard to get them back as people move on to better things.