Sign in to follow this  
corpse

1st/3rd person? Also VR?

In what situations do you play in 1st or 3rd person?  I tend to play in 1st when hunting, or gathering on a mount.  It seems much better to be in 1st person using the grappling hook, but 3rd for the climbing pic.  I tend to change it up very frequently.  Do you generally stick with one, or change it up based on circumstance?  Also - VR - would you play it that way?  I would love to try it, but I am pretty sure I would get violently seasick!  Can you imagine being up on a crows nest in a heavy sea in VR?

The only times I ever go into third person, is when the game does it automatically(riding/sailding) or when I'm placing large structures like gates as it makes it easier to line them up.  Otherwise I always play in first person.

I once tried ARK VR. Since it would be the same in Atlas it is instant motion sickness. Ark is running with 50 FPS maxed out, Atlas with 30 FPS same hardware, You would need at least a RTX2080 for it to run a little big good looking, cause Atlas is horrible optimized.

I have many Vr hours, mostly Elite Dangerous but I assume this would be like ark, I got sick real fast. Last night I saw that Atlas was on my Oculus desktop and almost tried it.  I may brave it on the weekend.

• Like 1

I have VR on the PS4. So at moment not able to try it. For my own experience I have enjoyed VR immensely with my top game being Startrek. 

3 hours ago, Charles U Farley said:

I once tried ARK VR. Since it would be the same in Atlas it is instant motion sickness. Ark is running with 50 FPS maxed out, Atlas with 30 FPS same hardware, You would need at least a RTX2080 for it to run a little big good looking, cause Atlas is horrible optimized.

Optimization is a good point. I could see a low framerate being disastrous.  I play the Forest in VR and really enjoy it.  I could see parts of this being similar.

3 hours ago, arzosah said:

I've never played a game with VR, I don't like the idea of wearing cumbersome headgear.

My great grandfather said the same thing, yet mysteriously died in the trenches during the Great War. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

My great grandfather said the same thing, yet mysteriously died in the trenches during the Great War. 

can't exactly VR gear is the same as a protective helmet, cumbersome or not.

I tried it the other week on Oculus but I just couldn't get it to work, it crashed. I have a RTX 2080 so should be able to play but would not work. I gave up with it but I'm interested also to know what its like.