BurntFlameZ

ship ideas New ship (ship building ship)

I’m curious to anyone’s opinions what you guys think of a giant ship to be used as a mobile ship builder with an enormous weight limit and it could build type of ship the downsides to it is that is pretty much Y shaped to allow the ship to enter the water and its ridiculously slow

Edited by BurntFlameZ
Added tags

Nah, I think this would diminish the value of land and the neutral flag system.

Also, where would you construct it? A new mega shipyard to build the mobile shipyard?

I’d really like to see some analogs between the brig and the galleon in size and to have some specialized hulls for weight/speed/combat/exploration.

Like a barge for moving cargo, or a frigate with an internal sub bay, or a destroyer that further reduces the weight of weapons placed on the decks, etc..

Edited by Endo Fett

d to have some specialized hulls for weight/speed/combat/exploration.

I wish there would be a Corvette here. It was really fast and heavy enough ship in Corsairs game and this one was my favorite.

pic4.jpg

We definitely need more ship types. 

I'd like to see something between the brig and the galleon that can launch a sloop or tow a sloop. I'd want it for making a mobile base that I can move around, but then still have a smaller ship that I can use for short journeys from the main ship to shore or around a nearby island. The main reason being the big one has too deep a draft and can't maneuver as well, so couldn't be the only ship I'd have, but could server as a base.

2 hours ago, BurntFlameZ said:

I’m curious to anyone’s opinions what you guys think of a giant ship to be used as a mobile ship builder with an enormous weight limit and it could build type of ship the downsides to it is that is pretty much Y shaped to allow the ship to enter the water and its ridiculously slow

This would be cool if it contained the small shipyard. Could make a schooner or sloop. Also it should act as a dock for these two. So you could dock the sloop or schooner and then sail the giant ship to a new location and then sail away on the sloop or schooner. In this way it could provide everything a small to medium size base would normally have. It would essentially be a mobile base.

Edited by wildbill