Sign in to follow this  
Strider

Swivel Canons and horses

If i have to stop to swing a melee weapon, a horse drawn swivel gun/cannon should have to stop to shoot. Damn thing should not be a mobile anti infantry tank.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree on op that bears and horses with swivels need to be balanced a bit, there the only thing most people are using to take land. 

Good options could be 

Give them a fixed speed close to character run speed when they have a cargo saddle. 

Or do something like op is saying and make it so that they can only fire/have someone mount the gun when its parked. 

Either would work fine and get us back to using carbines, blunderbuss, pistols, bows, and maybe even melee weapons. 

Right now all that equipment is almost useless unless your in a location bears or horses cant get to it. 

I'm not just complaining either, just think the pvp would be more fun with this balanced better.  Only way you have a chance to kill the swivel tames is to get them stuck and oil jar it. Not an easy task with a player driving it. 

I have even build stone traps for them, there effective, but players usually wont fall for it. 

• Thanks 1

Agreed this has actually been an issue for several weeks now. Its basically the #1 land meta atm, have a bunch of horses with NPCs running around full gallop insta killing people. Its broken in every respect, the horses despite hauling a very heavy carriage and cannon still go max speed, the NPCs come equipped with aimbots allowing them to never miss even while travelling at max speed and the horses themselves are largely immune to damage due to the healing skill which allows them to quickly heal up and renter the fight in under a minute.

The only way to beat this nonsense atm is to have more horse cannons then the enemy does. There is no point trying to shoot them because of the healing mechanic.

• Thanks 1

Melee is next to useless now unless the person decides to stand still or you use a sickle.. melee combat should not root you to the stop..

But yeah cannon carts should need to stop or if they don't the accuracy should be really bad. 

9 hours ago, Caldrin said:

Melee is next to useless now unless the person decides to stand still or you use a sickle.. melee combat should not root you to the stop..

But yeah cannon carts should need to stop or if they don't the accuracy should be really bad. 

Melee is useless in every application. Even against wild animals its rather shit, low damage, high risk, high chance of dieing. It's always better to use a firearm. The game gives you these fancy moves which look and sound great on paper but when applied in PVP are completly worthless. For instance the charge up attack where you stand still in a ball for about 5 seconds before unleashing some giant slam with your mace has no use in PVP at all. If the enemy sees you doing that he simply runs away, this even applies to normal melee attacks. The enemy can just run away and because of the slow animations you can never really hit them.

9 hours ago, Regster said:

Just watch this video, says everything

Yep pretty much. No skill required and extremely boring for gameplay.

How about a compromise. 

Cannon carts have to stop to fire.

Swivel carts can fire on the move, but mobility is slowed. Leave the percentage up to you guys. I think its a fun meta and I enjoy the challenge of sniping the drivers.  You can also use your pets to pin these tames in and kill the driver.  My company has gone up against larger odds when attacking bases and we have had the numbers in our favor.  If you are not careful they will get killed currently so I'd rather not see them nerfed so much that nobody even bothers with them.