Sign in to follow this  
UDO

this takes some practice

The only time I've seen that was near the launch and it was a raft stuck under a shore(still no fucking clue how it happened). 

Is that even still slightly in the water? Looks like it could be up on a partial cliff.

Just now, Vaenix said:

The only time I've seen that was near the launch and it was a raft stuck under a shore(still no fucking clue how it happened). 

Is that even still slightly in the water? Looks like it could be up on a partial cliff.

I landed there to repair after nearly being sunk by sotd , after repairing and rebuilding bed , i opened sails 10% to get in to position and it clipped through the rocks and got stuck ,only the tip of the front is in the water 

I'm....impressed...?

Yeah, thats a new one for me, and I thought I've managed to screw up driving a ship every possible way.

I did the wedge a raft about 40 feet into a shoreline thing the first week, too.

1 minute ago, UDO said:

I landed there to repair after nearly being sunk by sotd , after repairing and rebuilding bed , i opened sails 10% to get in to position and it clipped through the rocks and got stuck ,only the tip of the front is in the water 

Well, people are always wanting to build their base and live on their ship. Now you can, and not have to worry about sinking.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MeatSammich said:

I'm....impressed...?

Yeah, thats a new one for me, and I thought I've managed to screw up driving a ship every possible way.

I did the wedge a raft about 40 feet into a shoreline thing the first week, too.

Well, people are always wanting to build their base and live on their ship. Now you can, and not have to worry about sinking.

LOL 

Just now, MeatSammich said:

I'm....impressed...?

Wasn't near M4 by chance was it lol cuz that's exactly what I saw happen?

2 minutes ago, UDO said:

I have no idea if you can get it out of there or if it is a complete lost cause, the worst I've had was accidentally pulling a brig in shallow water, lost a few planks from that one but we had materials on board to save it and get out even though we took constant damage until we got it out.

1 minute ago, Vaenix said:

Wasn't near M4 by chance was it lol cuz that's exactly what I saw happen?

I have no idea if you can get it out of there or if it is a complete lost cause, the worst I've had was accidentally pulling a brig in shallow water, lost a few planks from that one but we had materials on board to save it and get out even though we took constant damage until we got it out.

ive spent ages trying to get it to move but even the rudder wont turn , i raise the anchor it goes straight back down ,

if i could have claimed that rock it was stuck on would have been my new main base 🙂 

Naw, was around E11. I swerved to avoid a raft parked offshore, and next thing I know I'm up past the sandline in the trees. Was my first raft, too, and hadn't learned to build a bed on it yet. Back to freeport for me.

At least Udo has a nice anti-drinking-and-sailing poster.  

"So's I stopped in a freeport tavern, met a few friends and thats where things get hazy. I woke up the next morning, wondering whose pants I was wearing, and where this monkey came from. Who would name a monkey The Proctologist anyway? Now, to find out where I docked me ship..."

16 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

That raft under the shore is a common exploit to hide a bed. It's called undermeshing and in PVP is commonly used in order to prevent people from destroying the beds of defenders. Entirely against the rules and if the devs find it, they will remove it. I've seen it used in some places in PVE too though. It was definitely more common before you could place beds on land in lawless.

I have no idea how to do that, just know it happens.

5 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

That raft under the shore is a common exploit to hide a bed. It's called undermeshing and in PVP is commonly used in order to prevent people from destroying the beds of defenders. Entirely against the rules and if the devs find it, they will remove it. I've seen it used in some places in PVE too though. It was definitely more common before you could place beds on land in lawless.

I have no idea how to do that, just know it happens.

This was definitely an accidental one.  We were all trying to kill an alpha cobra and the guy on the raft freaked when it hopped on his raft.  He hit full sail and it rammed up under the mesh somehow.  So while yeah against the rules that one was not an intentional thing.

10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

This was definitely an accidental one.  We were all trying to kill an alpha cobra and the guy on the raft freaked when it hopped on his raft.  He hit full sail and it rammed up under the mesh somehow.  So while yeah against the rules that one was not an intentional thing.

Ah ok. Yeah definitely something that can accidentally happen, as with most bugs they just happen. It's only an exploit if you repeat it with the intent to use it to your advantage.

Edited by ThunderGod97