Sign in to follow this  
Buck Rider

Are you 100 years old?

How many of you are 100 years old now? 

Do you plan to do the FOY?

I reached 100 a few weeks ago. Just seems normal now, the debuff and looking old. At this point I don't have any plans to sink time in the FOY chase. They say 100 is the new 30.

I'm just wondering how many are 100 years old and holding.

Did the foy the day it came out. I got lucky in that I was only a couple of sectors away and when I got there, there were only 60 people in the grid. By the time I was done, there were 100+ and I crawled my way out thankful I got there early.

Am 100. Will do the FoY eventually to eliminate the buff that I can’t say bothers me terribly. Barely notice any change to appearance because the back of my head still looks the same and this is what I mostly look at.

100 years, can´t be bothered with the lagfest/naked run death maze and tile jumping FOY.

Nope reached 90 rerolled, ignored the fountain of youth completely as it would have only detracted from my enjoyment of the game and added nothing. 

I have no intention of ever taking part in such a poorly implemented mechanic. 

When I reach 90 I will no doubt reroll again and not waste my valuable gaming time on something so ridiculous 

100. Tried FoY after the wave without lagfest for around 50 Death by Lvl 2187 Cyclopses. Not gona waste my time with this shit game mechanic again.

They should make an alternative solution. Like crafting a poiton, where you need to sail around, gather rare mats and whatever else comes in mind, for such a task - for example. 

Edited by Chett
  • Like 1

I've been 100 since we all hit 100 (launch day folks). I refuse to step foot in Golden Age Ruins ever again.

• Like 1

65 and i was at the FOY 1 Day after release. Hell of Fun. Would do again!

Maybe this Time with a Schooner and 5 Balistas that Cover me 😄

• Like 1

Not sure what age I am now, did FoY the same day it released and plan to do it again especially now that they've made the islands somewhat clearable.  Will likely clear the area next time using ballista/swivel bear army before going in this time around.

I'm not a fan of the FoY and think it's a terrible mechanic. That said, I did it and love being young again and the buff is great. I will probably do it again in 2 weeks when I need to.

Still 100, because i don't have the desire to waste my time for countless death runs.

The foy is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in s game. I have no desire to go for the foy either. They should do away with the debuff for those of us who don't want to do it. I can see giving a buff if its completed, however all players shouldn't be punished. It's harder for solo and small companies too. I just dont see the point. I'd rather deal with the debuff.

I stayed at 100 for a few weeks to let the craze die down and the lagfest with it.

One day I then decided i'd do the FoY. I created a raft, put a bed and storage on it, then set sail for the closest Golden Age that was only 3 grids away. On my way there I discovered the FoY was going to be there later that night. I found a parking spot, then fast traveled back when the FoY was expected.

This was my very first attempt. I ran straight to the cave entrance no problem, squeezed past others in the entrance, had to wait a short moment for some proned people to move. I then ran right through to the FoY. It wasn't there. There was somewhere between 10-15 of us all there laying down on the ground waiting. I ended up waiting 1 hour before it arrived as it arrived at 10pm not 9pm.

Over the course of that hour I died twice from bats, but most of the time nothing bothered us. When I died I had no issues running to the cave and getting through to the FoY area with the exception of bodies on the floor getting in the way.

The easiest thing i've experienced, so I was pleased I ended up doing it.

• Like 1

I was able to get the first FoY. Thanks to the lag of all the people rushing it, the mobs in the cave were harmless

Edited by arzosah

Maybe i will test the FOY trash, but more important is destroying megatribe fortresses before the devs mental insanity is cured and defence is buffed again.

Some FoY are easier to cheese than others. It's free stats so i will be returning when I'm 90 again.

• Like 1

I will keep getting that FOY buff every month because two years from now it will be Rejuvenated Level 24, so 240% better stats.

Yes, I will be playing this two years from now.

Finally tried it last night. 2+ hours of running and dying and trying again. Ok I eventually got it but I really don't think this adds anything good to the game. If you did it once and that was it then fair enough. But to have to repeat it constantly to keep going is madness. Whatever happened to the alternative? Or better still scrap it altogether.

I`m 100 years old, and will not try FOY anymore.

I really hate foy mechanics.
where you rely on luck in several ridiculous attempts to run and press E. There is no need for strategy and skill, just luck with several impossible to kill monsters.

I haven't tried it yet but after reading this post I think I will. I have found it easy to live with the debuff. It seems as long as you maintain your vitamin buff it balances out for the most part. I didn't run for it when it first dropped because I wasn't in the mood to deal with 100 ppl all storming the beaches of "X" island. I'm sure now it's calmed down enough to at least experience it and see what all the hubub is about.

All of you naysayers better get used to it.   Getting the 8 power stones requires EXACTLY the same run though the same defenses.  Only this time you have to keep a key in your inventory from killing the Hyrda first.   Get clear to the altar with that key and you get your stone.

It makes the FOY look easy. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telly said:

I'll keep doing FOY... didn't find it too hard.

I agree after the first few days it was out we did not have much issue at all. And heres the shocker....it was fun.

Quit crying and do it, or cry to yourself somewhere else cuz it aint going anywhere.

• Like 1