Tallios

hacking *RIGHT NOW* Large Boxes & Storage Chests FIX!

Storage Chests and Large Boxes NEED A LOCK!!!!

There are to many hackers that can brute force or bypass a pin-code.  They need a lock plain and simple. Make it a second item to attach, Make it the default. 

BUT DO IT NOW!

Many companies in B-11 have been hit just in the last 2-3 days and God only knows across the whole game.   MAKE THIS SHIT LOCK!!!!! RIGHT NOW, NEXT PATCH IN 20 MINS!

THERE IS NO EXCUSE ON THE PART OF THE DEVS NOT TO MAKE A TEMP CHANGE TO PROTECT THE GAME AS A WHOLE.

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 1

if you are on official, these should be locked by default.  anything and everything with storage starts locked.  if you have a pin code on the box, remove it.  people can still "hack" the pin code to get at your stuff.  just leave it as locked and you should be fine (unless there is another exploit out there).

1 hour ago, KeyenDF said:

if you are on official, these should be locked by default.  anything and everything with storage starts locked.  if you have a pin code on the box, remove it.  people can still "hack" the pin code to get at your stuff.  just leave it as locked and you should be fine (unless there is another exploit out there).

On the official servers.  Large Boxes and storage chests HAVE NO LOCK.   Resource Boxes, Doors and Gates Start Locked by default.

Edited by Tallios

1 minute ago, Tallios said:

On the official servers.  Large Boxes and storage chests HAVE NO LOCK.

Maybe a difference between PvE and PvP then.  PvE everything with an inventory is locked by default.  my mistake.

Probably a simple Brute Force attack on the pin code,  a numeric password of 4 digits is fairly weak.  When you can just loop through and check each combination. 0000 to 9999 it should not take long, especially if the client/server allows that many attempts and is not rate limiting .  Assuming its brute force they are using, it could be some other flaw in the security.

2 hours ago, KeyenDF said:

Maybe a difference between PvE and PvP then.  PvE everything with an inventory is locked by default.  my mistake.

Was a bug that people could bypass pins that was fixed so they say

7 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

Was a bug that people could bypass pins that was fixed so they say

Apologizes; PvP should in all fairness be the primary concern... I'm not a fan of PvE in games like this but I'm not about to complain to much.

• Like 1