RedneckJedi

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... REDUCE PREDATOR SPAWNS!!!!

So far, landing on any island outside of the "start zones" is a fight just to get to the beach!  And then once you get to a beach, all of your resources get depleted just to clear the snakes/crocs/wolves from an area to start a claim... then the rest of your time is gathering resources to repair your tools and bow and replenish your arrows just to fend off from the next swarm of predators in 15 mins!

It's a perpetual grind, and you never get on top of it to build anything unless your are grouped with at least 3 to 4 people.   I don't even bother to eat anymore!  It's just easier to dump all my gear in storage on my boat, go die on my own terms, respawn, grab my stuff, and go back to the grind to defend myself from the predators!

• Like 3

I second this. As a solo player, the method has been venture out, grab a few supplies and then walk back to the beach and lets the wolves take you. THEN you have to lure the wolves away from your dead body and die again somewhere else. Respawn, loot your first corpse, rinse and repeat. 

This is not the kind of grind i would like to be a part of.

• Like 2

Yes I agree, the spawn rate o predators needs to be tuned down by about half. We have a section of our Island that me and Company mates have dubbed "The Valley of Death":

dl1BS1G.jpg

• Like 1

Go for firearms, you’ll be like what wolves? I carry two pistols and they deal massive damage especially if you get a head shot. 

Having the same problem and when you do kill them you cant harvest anything for the dang 30 vultures that show up

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

Having the same problem and when you do kill them you cant harvest anything for the dang 30 vultures that show up

Man those vultures are mean!! Agreed outlying islands can be harsh compared to the freeports

I suppose those Devs never tried the game on there own yet....just put it on steam and now...eat or die.

Those predators are really a freaking pain in the ass. The even seem to have a huge spotting range. ..i once spawned like 200m  away from the shore and there was a male crocodile ...spotted me and i thought he saw another animal but went straight to me...no chance to escape..3-4 bites and i was done

Same, lol.  Finally found some unclaimed territory, dropped a claim, then spent the next 2 hours fending off constantly-respawning giant snakes, wolves, and alligators that sometimes spawned within 10 yards of our bed before giving you and leaving with less resources than we started with.

It seems like it's getting worse.  Trying to make a quick stop for wood and stone for tools and raft repairs is like storming the beaches at Normandy, even with three people.  Rush in, send one guy to train most of the herd off and die while everyone else grabs a couple handfuls of fiber and maybe hacks down a tree or two before hauling ass with 3 Crocs stuck to the back of your boat.

Feel like the biggest incentive I have for grinding a Galleon is the ability to do a preparatory bombardment before going ashore on a berry and water run.