Sign in to follow this  
Jozzie McTowel

Pyramid of Shame

Are there some EU PVE players (NA PVE can do it as well ofcourse) up to go to some grid, get a claim (or 4 depending on the size) and build a huge wooden pyramid of shame with some text on it as a statement to the devs? They love to ask people about their builts rather than asking them what our concerns are with the dying game. So who's with me, who has land and feels like this would be more rewarding than the next ranting topic on here, we can still rant on, but have something to put as an eyesoar in their game rather than they ignore us here on the forums.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CamsterAu said:

Let me know if you do, so I can find a claim in the same area for a "we love atlas" pyramid

I sure will

19 minutes ago, Shintai said:

You can do it on sails too, they love to see those.

Not big enough and easily destructable by griefing or just updates fucking your over, Pyramid is more of an eyesoar than a couple boats with these sails on them.

18 hours ago, tsavo74 said:

good luck getting a claim let alone 4 😄

All we need is one unhappy player who already owns land who says fuck it i'm done with paying anyway come build this eyesoar here. I bet looking for a claim will only be a pain in the ass cuz of the 3 week timers that are running or the annoyance of people running thru your territory that u are claiming resetting the timer, although there are barely 10 people per grid so if it's only the trolls it will still be impossible yea.

23 hours ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Are there some EU PVE players (NA PVE can do it as well ofcourse) up to go to some grid, get a claim (or 4 depending on the size) and build a huge wooden pyramid of shame with some text on it as a statement to the devs? They love to ask people about their builts rather than asking them what our concerns are with the dying game. So who's with me, who has land and feels like this would be more rewarding than the next ranting topic on here, we can still rant on, but have something to put as an eyesoar in their game rather than they ignore us here on the forums.

Even though I disagree that the game is doomed, I wholeheartedly support this notion for a couple reasons. One, you are putting your money where your mouth is when it comes to what you have to say. Building a giant pyramid to communicate your message takes a lot more effort than just banging out a post on the forums. Two it’s a creative approach to getting your message across and shows you’re not just another mindless whinger following the herd but someone who thinks about things creatively. Three I think changing the medium has a chance to have your message make more impact.

I have two requests. Can you please include the phrase “ we apologize for the inconvenience” somewhere on the pyramid? And also obviously post screenings when you’re done.

Well assuming the pyramid will have 4 sides there is space for some messages on it, thinking about it if it's on a shoreline at least 3 sides can be visible from the ocean where most random players will see it cuz locals will see the pyramid daily ofcourse. It will be painstaking and without the help of some likeminded people who are able to tame the animals we need to supply the big amounts of fiber, thatch and wood it won't be completed before they might shut down official servers 😄

22 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

Let me know if you do, so I can find a claim in the same area for a "we love atlas" pyramid

*wonders if the two pyramids will wind up being Atlas's first ingame tourist destination where pirates take their kids to see the "Great pyramids of respectful disagreement"*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

*wonders if the two pyramids will wind up being Atlas's first ingame tourist destination where pirates take their kids to see the "Great pyramids of respectful disagreement"*

Can also just do in on NA PVE wherever there are more players intersted to participate we can go, I'm used to 200 pings from the 3 weeks I played this game actively so having a 150-200 ping on NA server wouldn't bother me much if it's for harvesting mats and building such a thing. Just has to be PVE because it wouldn't even get a chance to be completed on PVP I assume.

43 minutes ago, MercenaryDazza said:

What a waste of time...

So is all gaming, if all you care about is utility. If the Op has fun doing it, who are you to say his time is wasted?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

So is all gaming, if all you care about is utility. If the Op has fun doing it, who are you to say his time is wasted?

As why I made this topic is to find out of there are a few people who wanted to help out on this idea because it won't be built quickly due to it's size.

• Like 1

Found a spot to build on EU PVE L9 (if i'm not mistaken) will have to verify the server grid later but it's on Brospool for those who are interested in helping out.

On 2/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, CamsterAu said:

So what you're saying is you want a size contest for the smallest thing built to compare to their biggest thing built? Ok.