sand man

LAN support needed.

So many players are trying to play on there own servers but its hard without LAN or better still a Single player option.

• Like 2

Yeah. This is needed so so badly. But i guess the devs really like losing players.

Tons of players will not buy without this ability.

And since its not available, rage quitters will just quit, instead of tinkering around in solo/SP world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Yeah. This is needed so so badly. But i guess the devs really like losing players.

Tons of players will not buy without this ability.

And since its not available, rage quitters will just quit, instead of tinkering around in solo/SP world.

Well said.

• Like 1

I don't understand why LAN was excluded, Ark supports LAN servers.

• Like 2

Just now, Lynx said:

I don't understand why LAN was excluded, Ark supports LAN servers.

Devs dont want to sell this game to Solo players i guess.

This is an MMO that is designed to be played with other people.. kind of like world of Warcraft.. you don't get people asking for a single player version of world of Warcraft ...

I am sure the Devs did not want to waste anytime working on stuff to do with single player when the game is not designed for it at all.

I am actually surprised they even allowed small private servers.. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

This is an MMO that is designed to be played with other people.. kind of like world of Warcraft.. you don't get people asking for a single player version of world of Warcraft ...

I am sure the Devs did not want to waste anytime working on stuff to do with single player when the game is not designed for it at all.

I am actually surprised they even allowed small private servers.. 

The store page clearly advertises a customizable game. Devkit and mod support.  This means that single player would be completely driven by the community and not the devs, if they would simply support LAN.

But if they dont want revenue from the single player demographic, that's fine it's their loss. Ark support all types of gamers and is way more popular than Atlas.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lynx said:

The store page clearly advertises a customizable game. Devkit and mod support.  This means that single player would be completely driven by the community and not the devs, if they would simply support LAN.

But if they dont want revenue from the single player demographic, that's fine it's their loss. Ark support all types of gamers and is way more popular than Atlas.

None of the store page indicates that.

image.png.70f92fe48379c65866cef57aef3f1006.png

It indicates this is an online MMO and that it is in Early Access so things will change and the store page will probably also be finished out more once the game is actually done(in 2 Years).  It is entirely possible that they will add a Single Player game mode, but that has not been promised and can be removed at any point in the process should they decide it's not worth the time.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

Your MMO argument dosen't hold up since private servers are allowed.

1. Rent a server to play single player (costs money)

2. Host a private server through the internet (dosen't work for all ISPs)

So single player is allowed for those that have cash to burn or have the ability to run an internet server.

For me, I require LAN support.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

None of the store page indicates that.

image.png.70f92fe48379c65866cef57aef3f1006.png

It indicates this is an online MMO and that it is in Early Access so things will change and the store page will probably also be finished out more once the game is actually done(in 2 Years).  It is entirely possible that they will add a Single Player game mode, but that has not been promised and can be removed at any point in the process should they decide it's not worth the time.

Read further down the page.

"Powerful Mod and Server Functionalities" This should include LAN servers.

"The possibilities are endless!" This should include LAN server support.

49 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Read further down the page.

"Powerful Mod and Server Functionalities" This should include LAN servers.

"The possibilities are endless!" This should include LAN server support.

Why should it?  You are misinterpreting the store page to suit your own needs at this point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vaenix said:

Why should it?  You are misinterpreting the store page to suit your own needs at this point. 

No, i am not. The storepage promised private or unofficial servers. LAN is a type of unofficial server. I was told that LAN worked for the first couple of days, but was turned off.

LAN is a logical extension of being promised private servers.

Just now, Lynx said:

No, i am not. The storepage promised private or unofficial servers. LAN is a type of unofficial server. I was told that LAN worked for the first couple of days, but was turned off.

LAN is a logical extension of being promised private servers.

LAN did not work for the first couple of days, there was a menu that was available that shouldn't have been due to the base game being based on Ark. 

Saying Private Servers will be available is not the same as saying LAN / Single player will be available.  And as I've stated this is EA they can expand it if they want or limit it further if they want. 

They don't have to do anything as they have not promised us anything other than an EA title that will change over the course of 2 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

LAN did not work for the first couple of days, there was a menu that was available that shouldn't have been due to the base game being based on Ark. 

I am not talking about the Ark remnant menu. But putting the LAN adress in the server .bat file. I spent hours/days working with people trying to get my server working and the ability to actually connect to it.

I refunded the game, cause it didnt work.

LAN Support is needed. But if the devs don't want money, thats fine too. I will just play Ark.

1 minute ago, Lynx said:

I am not talking about the Ark remnant menu. But putting the LAN adress in the server .bat file. I spent hours/days working with people trying to get my server working and the ability to actually connect to it.

I refunded the game, cause it didnt work.

LAN Support is needed. But if the devs don't want money, thats fine too. I will just play Ark.

LAN Support is wanted.

My point is you are asking for something right now that may be on the plate but not something they are concentrating on now.  It is primarily an MMO game they are focusing on that side of things just like they did with Ark.  

Ark has LAN support. I am sure i am not the only one who bought Atlas, but was unable to setup a LAN server. There were several threads at EA launch of people trying to get LAN servers setup with cpjat64's map tutorial and map files.

After watching the population decrease and all the gameplay problems, not sure there will be a good reason to buy Atlas.

Will have to see what the modding community does to fix the gameplay and if anyone creates a single player rebalancing mod(s).

Someone already created a 3rd party program that will auto switch servers and just run 1 grid at a time with the full map.

1 minute ago, Lynx said:

Ark has LAN support. I am sure i am not the only one who bought Atlas, but was unable to setup a LAN server. There were several threads at EA launch of people trying to get LAN servers setup with cpjat64's map tutorial and map files.

After watching the population decrease and all the gameplay problems, not sure there will be a good reason to buy Atlas.

Will have to see what the modding community does to fix the gameplay and if anyone creates a single player rebalancing mod(s).

Someone already created a 3rd party program that will auto switch servers and just run 1 grid at a time with the full map.

You are severely avoiding the reality of the situation.  Ark is a finished game and has been released from it's EA cycle.  Atlas is barely out of the gates with it's EA cycle.  

And since you seem to not understand or are deliberately avoiding this simple fact.  It is EA, Early Access, Alpha/Beta state.  Nothing is finished, and they can toss the entire thing in the trash and design something different during this process if they really want.  

14 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

You are severely avoiding the reality of the situation.  Ark is a finished game and has been released from it's EA cycle

Afaik Ark had single player mode from early on in development. I don't even really want a SP mode, Ark's is still really buggy.

Just the ability to use my LAN IP in the server .bat file and actually be able to connect.

17 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

And since you seem to not understand or are deliberately avoiding this simple fact.  It is EA, Early Access, Alpha/Beta state.  Nothing is finished, and they can toss the entire thing in the trash and design something different during this process if they really want.  

Why would anyone buy EA with no oversight of actually getting the advertised product?

Sould i stop checking to see if Atlas adds LAN support?

Should i stop saying what i want in the game?

2 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Just the ability to use my LAN IP in the server .bat file and actually be able to connect.

I currently have a server running on my LAN, I do this using the computers internal IP as the seemlessIP in the launch command and the IP in the grid editor.  I still have to connect through steam, I just added the IP:Port for each grid to my favorites.

4 minutes ago, arzosah said:

I currently have a server running on my LAN, I do this using the computers internal IP as the seemlessIP in the launch command and the IP in the grid editor.  I still have to connect through steam, I just added the IP:Port for each grid to my favorites.

As i said before, i tried all this before. It didn't work for me.

Here is the post with me getting help, someone even helped me through discord. It was determined that my mobile isp interferes.

I am not going to buy Atlas again, just to have it not work. I need an official statement from the devs saying they support LAN connections.

Bingo! Arzosah figured it out. 😉

Folks just want a simple click "SP and it works". Not going to happen in EA folks. I sincerely hope no SP is ever released.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lynx said:

As i said before, i tried all this before. It didn't work for me.

Here is the post with me getting help, someone even helped me through discord. It was determined that my mobile isp interferes.

I am not going to buy Atlas again, just to have it not work. I need an official statement from the devs saying they support LAN connections.

If your mobile isp interferes with the batch file that they've released in order to support this option, nothing they do is going to fix that for you.

Go complain to your ISP about them interfering with it.

• Like 1

I'm not sure a single player set up would really work, with how the islands are currently laid out you wouldn't be able to do much on a single grid unless all you were interested in was base building and taming.  if you wanted to use powerstone islands you would only want to run 2-3 of them on a grid, and the Krakken would have to be on it's own grid since it prevents spawns on the it's grid.  Each grid takes a decent amount of ram and cpu even when idle, and if you're running it on the same PC as the game client you'd likely run into issues unless you have a pretty beefy PC.

4 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

If your mobile isp interferes with the batch file that they've released in order to support this option, nothing they do is going to fix that for you.

Go complain to your ISP about them interfering with it.

Then why can i run Ark LAN server just fine? It's because Atlas doesn't support 100% LAN only servers.

Mobile isp dosen't support the NAT loopback required for Atlas servers.

2 minutes ago, arzosah said:

I'm not sure a single player set up would really work, with how the islands are currently laid out you wouldn't be able to do much on a single grid unless all you were interested in was base building and taming.  if you wanted to use powerstone islands you would only want to run 2-3 of them on a grid, and the Krakken would have to be on it's own grid since it prevents spawns on the it's grid.  Each grid takes a decent amount of ram and cpu even when idle, and if you're running it on the same PC as the game client you'd likely run into issues unless you have a pretty beefy PC.

Already a 3rd party program that run only grid at a time for the full map, linked above.

Just now, Lynx said:

Then why can i run Ark LAN server just fine? It's because Atlas doesn't support 100% LAN only servers.

Mobile isp dosen't support the NAT loopback required for Atlas servers.

Because they use completely different networking.  Atlas is not Ark.  It's a completely different setup.

Atlas is multiple different servers stitched together to make 1 living world.  

Ark is 1 server per map that get linked to allow you to transfer back and forth.

The linking mechanism is very different clearly as Atlas has a short load time and you can sail entire ships full of people through at once.