EvilNecroid

stop the tame crap this isnt ark

43 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Lol, I’m usually not pointing fingers but I was here when it happened and only PvE’ers complained about it. 

PvErs complained about it becuase its stupid to have to make a crapton of trips to move the stupid amount of mats you need to craft stuff.

Id be fine with tame removal, if they redid the ground combat (everything hits like a wetnoodle thanks to pvpers), drastically reduced the weight of items, and reduced the cost of mats.

Since thats not going to happen, leave my tames alone.

Ehh, you get higher quality items and you can compete on foot. Tames are definitely supplementary in this game and not the main focus

15 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

Ehh, you get higher quality items and you can compete on foot. Tames are definitely supplementary in this game and not the main focus

Like what, legendary weapons with 170%+ bonuses and armour to compete with a low level bear in combat?

It´s ARK all over. Tame > human.

Tames should be weak.

IRL nearly every animal, including RHINO's and Elephant can be one-shot by a gun, so to balance this correctly, simply make tames useful to help to farm 'relevant' materials but make them useless in combat.

By the way, maybe the game should use different statistics for PVE vs PVP that is another issue solved.

Refocus on ships, competent players and NPCs and divert away from taming animals, that should be a side hobby, useful in some way, but not a major factor in gameplay.

Edited by MajorAvatar

8 hours ago, Percieval said:

Tames are OP in this game because the PvE’ers went completely mad at Grapeshot when they were nerfed. We just gotta live with it. 

The only tames that are "oped" in pvp, have swivel cannons attached to them, the only reason tames have high health and damage resistance is because grapeshot decided that alphas needed to be everywhere and spawn every 10 minutes for 2 months. Alphas kept killing tames and there was nothing anyone could do about it, if you had a fast alpha on you, your tame was dead, it didnt matter. An alpha wolf, lion, or tiger specifically would tear tames apart. 

Maybe, you should have some context as to why tames are "oped". Grapeshot did this, and didn't think about the consequences that interconnected game systems would have.

Edited by Evir

All that would need to be done to even it out, is decently increase the damage done by players to tames. Since PVE players cant damage other peoples tames, it wouldn't affect any of the vs wild/alpha buffs they got, and keep their usability as harvesters, and the PVP players could be happy 1 or 2 shotting each others animals.

2 minutes ago, Evir said:

The only tames that are "oped" in pvp, have swivel cannons attached to them, the only reason tames have high health and damage resistance is because grapeshot decided that alphas needed to be everywhere and spawn every 10 minutes for 2 months. Alphas kept killing tames and there was nothing anyone could do about it, if you had a fast alpha on you, your tame was dead, it didnt matter. An alpha wolf, lion, or tiger specifically would tear tames apart. 

Maybe, you should have some context as to why tames are "oped". Grapeshot did this, and didn't think about the consequences that interconnected game systems would have.

The game is still in EA, time to fix this. Suggestions:

- Make Alpha beasts some group quest/challenge beast to overcome, these Alpha beasts do not attack unless aggroed first. 

- Tame health, armor, and resistance are tuned down so that any player with a rifle has a solid chance to one-shot them.

While we are at it,

- Tames should provide limited support for farming, the elephant could help farm wood, a bear can help farm honey and pigs can find truffles, lions can hunt game. I really see no tame being able to help farm stone or metals faster, it should be limited support.

This makes taming useful, with farming some materials, but not crucial or important. Elephants/RHINO and other heavy tames should be too heavy to transport by ship/boat and most animals need animal pens to transport them. Let's divert well away from animals as anything more important, than limited support roles. The only animals that pulls a cart are oxes / horses and rideable animals could be Horses, Camels and maybe Elephants, certainly not wolves or lions.... 

5 hours ago, Shintai said:

When did we ever tame rhinos for mining or bears for gathering fiber? 😛

Not to mention bear and rhino riding.

Seen this logic quite a bit, you guys are in for a surprise. The realistic fauna was intended as placeholders for creatures like this: ecGQloV.png

yea remove tame and remove 75% of the player who are still here... tame only usefull on ground, on water they re useless ... and like ppl say get better gear and you kill them easy, but of course if run naked trying to kill them with a spear... most of ppl was expecting tame... next time read the description maybe?

3 hours ago, MajorAvatar said:

The game is still in EA, time to fix this. Suggestions:

- Make Alpha beasts some group quest/challenge beast to overcome, these Alpha beasts do not attack unless aggroed first. 

- Tame health, armor, and resistance are tuned down so that any player with a rifle has a solid chance to one-shot them.

While we are at it,

- Tames should provide limited support for farming, the elephant could help farm wood, a bear can help farm honey and pigs can find truffles, lions can hunt game. I really see no tame being able to help farm stone or metals faster, it should be limited support.

This makes taming useful, with farming some materials, but not crucial or important. Elephants/RHINO and other heavy tames should be too heavy to transport by ship/boat and most animals need animal pens to transport them. Let's divert well away from animals as anything more important, than limited support roles. The only animals that pulls a cart are oxes / horses and rideable animals could be Horses, Camels and maybe Elephants, certainly not wolves or lions.... 

So, you really think a flintlock rifle that wouldnt one shot an elephant or rhino in real life, should one shot one, in the game?
You realize these are flintlock rifles and pistols, that are loaded faster than they were IRL already right? Now you think that "because gun, therefore defeat everything in one shot".

You are delusional. Guns do not even one shot people in this game, and you want them to one shot animals that weigh several tons and have thick hide? 

Edited by Evir

1 hour ago, Evir said:

I didn’t think I needed to put any context to it since everyone knows it. I’m talking about the complaints from OP. With the new buffed out tames it is possible for 1 solo dude to put a complete galleon up in a day. That’s absolutely insane. 

22 minutes ago, Percieval said:

With the new buffed out tames it is possible for 1 solo dude to put a complete galleon up in a day. That’s absolutely insane. 

Thats a point of view.

For PvP it makes players take more risk. If you know u can build a Brig in a couple of hours, or a Gali in a day, ur willing to take more risk --> more sea battles. And thats a big part of the game. Also they dont get angry bout a loss. btw, imo the fun aspect should always be Nr1 prio in a Game. 

For PvE it doesnt matter, there is no competition there. But some people hold a grudge, when other just can enjoy the full content, for whatever reason...

1 hour ago, Chett said:

Thats a point of view.

For PvP it makes players take more risk. If you know u can build a Brig in a couple of hours, or a Gali in a day, ur willing to take more risk --> more sea battles. And thats a big part of the game. Also they dont get angry bout a loss. btw, imo the fun aspect should always be Nr1 prio in a Game. 

For PvE it doesnt matter, there is no competition there. But some people hold a grudge, when other just can enjoy the full content, for whatever reason...

Big companies don’t take more risk with it. Purely talking about alloy on other islands. So the gap between large and small companies is still growing. 

15 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Big companies don’t take more risk with it. Purely talking about alloy on other islands. So the gap between large and small companies is still growing. 

You were talking bout "one guy can build a Gali in a day and thats insane". 

Now u r talking bout Big Companies...

Edited by Chett

Tame don't have better saddle armor , theirs HP gain per level is low , no one bother upgrade theirs damage .

A good blunderbuss will kill a bear quick , not to mention mace can damage the rider too .

Also , IRL a mounted person in most case will have advantage over a person who on foot on open ground and people already tamed animal for carrying stuffs around , i don't see this is a serious issue .

You don't like tame then don't tame any , do everything without the taming skill tree , you can try other skill tree like ship building , crafter etc .

I guess you so bad at dealing with animal .

Good lord this PVP players , at first crying gun too powerful and now this .

Edited by kampfer91

3 hours ago, MajorAvatar said:

Tames should be weak.

IRL nearly every animal, including RHINO's and Elephant can be one-shot by a gun, so to balance this correctly, simply make tames useful to help to farm 'relevant' materials but make them useless in combat.

By the way, maybe the game should use different statistics for PVE vs PVP that is another issue solved.

Refocus on ships, competent players and NPCs and divert away from taming animals, that should be a side hobby, useful in some way, but not a major factor in gameplay.

Yeah you can one shot rhinos and elephants with a modern high-powered rifle designed specifically to hunt game like that, but you walk up to them with a flintlock from the piracy era? The worst you’re going to do is give them a nasty welt.

59 minutes ago, Chett said:

You were talking bout "one guy can build a Gali in a day and thats insane". 

Now u r talking bout Big Companies...

Yes, what’s the difference exactly? You can solo or team up in big companies. We’re in a large company but we only play with 6. One of us made a gally in a day from scratch with only the help of tames. That is what’s insane. 

That is with getting tin from another island, so it could be even less than a day if you have mats laying around already. 

Edited by Percieval

*yawn*

Logic isnt everyones thing...

Edited by Chett

6 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Personally I don't mind the tames. The thing I do mind about them is having to unlock the ability to do so.. In fact having to unlock the ability to ride them is even worse to me.. Because lets be real here if your group is riding around on tames and you're not what fun is that having to be the only person on foot..? So naturally you unlock riding just so you can be a part of the group.. But now everyone has wasted points in riding because it is forced on you... So pretty much the skill points are lacking because if they are trying to cater more to solo and smaller groups along with the big groups then they should consider the mess that is their skill system.. Having to unlock something to be able to unlock something else is seriously a broken idea.. Most of the time I find myself wasting points to have to unlock something I never wanted just so I can unlock something I do need or want.. And then lets not even go into the maddening situation of having to unlock sooo many things just to survive and keep up.. I mean seriously yeah we can respec till max level, but come on you don't see how solo players or smaller groups are going to be turned off by this because they suddenly realize that gal they wanted to build is not within reach unless they spend thousands of hours trying to find the thousands of discoveries just for a few more levels???  I really think they need to add in mind wipes and never take them away or give out more points per lvl.. And before people start crying about balancing gonna go ahead and point out it's not the other guys fault you're too retarded to use the same tools as those other guys who are obviously hacking and exploiting game mechanics that everyone can use... Just saying alot of balancing is pointless and stupid because it comes down to people just suck and need to figure out they have the same things at their disposal as well.. But no they cry foul and say the game is unbalanced unfair all because they can't believe someone might just actually be better than they are at a game or even smart enough to use something that was at their disposal... Obviously there are real balancing matters that need tending too.. But most of what I see people cry about could just simply be stated as "help this is unfair, person A used this item against me and since it worked it must be broken or unfair.. Has nothing to do with the fact that I to could use same item but I am just too damned stupid or lazy.. So fix this because i'm seriously a retard who can't even see the obvious in front of me..." This is all my own opinion so just chill out with the backlash because I don't agree with someone else thing..

Holy WOT Batman :classic_blink:

If anything add more tames!!!!!   I wish there were 20 more right now.  I love taming and  "collecting" them Lol.   I want more "region" specific ones and rare ones.   Keep      them     coming!!!

8 hours ago, Percieval said:

actually considering a lot of the larger companies are down below 150 active members and in many cases below 100, I would say it will start to shrink soon, as soon as the smaller groups realize that most of them are paper tigers that are giving up land just to consolidate their power.

12 hours ago, Chett said:

*yawn*

Logic isnt everyones thing...

I’m not sure if this is about me, either you’re too scared to quote me with it or not. But to tell this; If you didn’t understand it, it tells us more about your intelligence than any logic of any person.