EvilNecroid

stop the tame crap this isnt ark

cant we just use our crew members instead?

or at least reduce the need for tames so the people who dont want them dont get crippled by not using them

• Like 4

Tames are OP in this game because the PvE’ers went completely mad at Grapeshot when they were nerfed. We just gotta live with it. 

• Haha 1

hi,

If you dont like tame dont use it, stop playing this game and stop asking to stop  some features that others players enjoy.

i am tired of people ask to stop this or stop that because they dont like it, if you dont like it just dont use it.

Or may be try to say why and what do yout want to change on it, will be more pleasant to read.

it easier and faster.

• Like 3

I never played Ark so can't compare the two but I like the tames. They need seriously looking at though as they are broken right now with glitching through floors and breeding not working.

They are going to add a crab I believe to carry more weight, not sure how taming this would work, under water  or on land? It's all nice if you have the man power crew, some of us don't have that.

I agree, tames are idiotic concept pulled from ARK. If you don´t use tames for harvesting you are doing it wrong. The same can be said about combat, forget your high end metal gear and weapons. Just bring a bear without durability loss.

The game was supposed to not being ARK and have focus on the players. Instead the players are yet again, like in ARK, just useless crafting meat bags obtaining said tames.

Edited by Shintai
  • Like 1

wait, who expected it not to be ark like? I mean.. do they even know how to do anything other than company focused grind fests that you barely can enjoy as a casual gamer? guys.. its WC, grow up. its going to be ARK like with a pirate skin in the end. 

• Like 1

A game that was planned as ARK DLC but was released standalone for the Money Grabs that is similar to ARK?

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!

we should be able to ride on the back of our crewmen and ride them in battle. 

"forward One-eyed Sally Two Finger!"

Tames are good. it's just another aspect of a multi-aspect game.

3 hours ago, EvilNecroid said:

cant we just use our crew members instead?

or at least reduce the need for tames so the people who dont want them dont get crippled by not using them

It's a game with humans in it, and humans have tamed/domesticated animals for all sorts of purposes since the dawn of time IRL. Sorry if that reminds you of Ark :classic_rolleyes: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warspectre said:

It's a game with humans in it, and humans have tamed/domesticated animals for all sorts of purposes since the dawn of time IRL. Sorry if that reminds you of Ark :classic_rolleyes: 

When did we ever tame rhinos for mining or bears for gathering fiber? 😛

Not to mention bear and rhino riding.

Edited by Shintai

I love my two bears, they make life in a small company much easier. They carry my stuff. They kill AoD Guards at treasurespots. And I get from A to B much faster. 

Though, I would love if crew members would be more handy in combat. 

Edited by Samstag Freitagsson

Maybe buffing other things instead of nerfing everything is a wiser approach?  Can you not implement a feature for some kind of weapon that counters tamed animals?  Maybe an increased damage buff to mounted or tamed animals when using a blunderbuss or pistol?  That makes more sense to me.  A countermeasure is better than a straight weakening of a strength.  This removes the issue for PvE and provides a solution for PvP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gimpbrush said:

i am tired of people ask to stop this or stop that because they dont like it, if you dont like it just dont use it.

I don't like vitamins in this game. What's the hotkey to turn them off?

52 minutes ago, Tobekan said:

Maybe buffing other things instead of nerfing everything is a wiser approach?  Can you not implement a feature for some kind of weapon that counters tamed animals?  Maybe an increased damage buff to mounted or tamed animals when using a blunderbuss or pistol?  That makes more sense to me.  A countermeasure is better than a straight weakening of a strength.  This removes the issue for PvE and provides a solution for PvP.

Without nerfing tames damage and HP wise you end up with something equal to a human running around with a cannon or ballista. Harvesting should have been around machinery with horses pulling if anything.

I love the Taming in this game. It's fun to me and I enjoy hunting new tames. Sorry it's not for you but I would hate to see a fun feature be removed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Tames are OP in this game because the PvE’ers went completely mad at Grapeshot when they were nerfed. We just gotta live with it. 

I'm a PvE'r in Atlas and I don't want to have to tame.  Always blaming the PVE players

• Thanks 1

Must be nice to be part of a giant company that has the manpower to gather the resources by hand to build a galleon, but I play just me and one friend. If we were just gathering by hand, that would take 6 months. No thank you. Quit asking for Wildcard to remove features just because YOU don't like them. If you want to play with a feature removed, play on an unofficial server. I'm sure there's one out there that has taming disabled.

12 minutes ago, Olthoi said:

I'm a PvE'r in Atlas and I don't want to have to tame.  Always blaming the PVE players

Lol, I’m usually not pointing fingers but I was here when it happened and only PvE’ers complained about it. 

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

TY, and the hotkey to stop jackasses from posting in the forums?

Colt 45.

Personally I don't mind the tames. The thing I do mind about them is having to unlock the ability to do so.. In fact having to unlock the ability to ride them is even worse to me.. Because lets be real here if your group is riding around on tames and you're not what fun is that having to be the only person on foot..? So naturally you unlock riding just so you can be a part of the group.. But now everyone has wasted points in riding because it is forced on you... So pretty much the skill points are lacking because if they are trying to cater more to solo and smaller groups along with the big groups then they should consider the mess that is their skill system.. Having to unlock something to be able to unlock something else is seriously a broken idea.. Most of the time I find myself wasting points to have to unlock something I never wanted just so I can unlock something I do need or want.. And then lets not even go into the maddening situation of having to unlock sooo many things just to survive and keep up.. I mean seriously yeah we can respec till max level, but come on you don't see how solo players or smaller groups are going to be turned off by this because they suddenly realize that gal they wanted to build is not within reach unless they spend thousands of hours trying to find the thousands of discoveries just for a few more levels???  I really think they need to add in mind wipes and never take them away or give out more points per lvl.. And before people start crying about balancing gonna go ahead and point out it's not the other guys fault you're too retarded to use the same tools as those other guys who are obviously hacking and exploiting game mechanics that everyone can use... Just saying alot of balancing is pointless and stupid because it comes down to people just suck and need to figure out they have the same things at their disposal as well.. But no they cry foul and say the game is unbalanced unfair all because they can't believe someone might just actually be better than they are at a game or even smart enough to use something that was at their disposal... Obviously there are real balancing matters that need tending too.. But most of what I see people cry about could just simply be stated as "help this is unfair, person A used this item against me and since it worked it must be broken or unfair.. Has nothing to do with the fact that I to could use same item but I am just too damned stupid or lazy.. So fix this because i'm seriously a retard who can't even see the obvious in front of me..." This is all my own opinion so just chill out with the backlash because I don't agree with someone else thing..

• Confused 1