Sign in to follow this  
Nitex

How to farm mythos

We have mythical bp (cyan) that requires a lot of mythos. I want to collect the best practices of how to farm it.
In my opinion, one of the options is to put a swivel gun on a bear cargo  and kite a yeti in the north. But they drops 5-6 pieces from one. Bp requires 500-600.

Haven't done extensive research on this, so I'm sure there is a better way out there. I do have personal experience with the bear+swivel against yeti's and I can tell you this is absolutely terrible. It's slow, takes a lot of ammo, and gives little.

What we did find was that farming Gorgon's was consistent, light risk and fairly ammo efficient. Basically, go to a powerstone island that has Gorgon's and bring Carbines. Aggro a Gorgon at sniper distance, watch as they slowly move towards you in a perfectly straight non-jank way. It only takes 3-4 shots to kill it, can totally be done solo if required. You do have to get good at timing/aim, as you don't want to kill them to far away and have to loot in aggro range of stuff. I don't know if Mythos is affected by 2x harvesting or not, as we happened to do it on that weekend, but I remember getting about 50 per kill.

Mythos is a drop item and not harvested so it doesn't get affected by the 2X harvesting.

You can get like 2000 mythos in 5 mins with cyclops.

Get a ship with 1-2 ballistas, get near the shore where the cyclops roam like mad. Pull one with a gun.Kill the 1-3 that comes swimming with spear bolts in the eye (Shoot slightly in front of them), jump in the water and loot them.

1 hour ago, Vurmis said:

Haven't done extensive research on this, so I'm sure there is a better way out there. I do have personal experience with the bear+swivel against yeti's and I can tell you this is absolutely terrible. It's slow, takes a lot of ammo, and gives little.

What we did find was that farming Gorgon's was consistent, light risk and fairly ammo efficient. Basically, go to a powerstone island that has Gorgon's and bring Carbines. Aggro a Gorgon at sniper distance, watch as they slowly move towards you in a perfectly straight non-jank way. It only takes 3-4 shots to kill it, can totally be done solo if required. You do have to get good at timing/aim, as you don't want to kill them to far away and have to loot in aggro range of stuff. I don't know if Mythos is affected by 2x harvesting or not, as we happened to do it on that weekend, but I remember getting about 50 per kill.

Cyclops is definitely the superior method but if you want to do Yeti's effectively build a 3x3 taming trap in a polar section and trap them in there.  Then use an oil jar and fire arrow and boom roasted yetis and tons of mythos, cheap but effective.  

Put one or two ballistas on a sloop.
Go to a Golden Age region and stay far enough from the land.
Trigger a Cyclops by shooting with a carabine or so. It will come but has to swim.
Shoot the head (eye) with the ballista. You make 22500 damage and the Cyclops is dead with one hit.

The Mythos is in it's inventory.

we put a crew mate into the water the cyclopses swim near it but dont hit it just staying in one position easy to oneshot with balista