radosc

Share your cargo ship design

Since my cargo schooner was sunk by SOTD yesterday (2 great medium weight sails for total of 12k weight) I need a cargo ship design that wouldn't be slow as a snail. What's your preferred cargo ship design? 

I think best cargo is brigantine with 3 weight sails and only top deck. 1 capitan chest and go

My brig was sunk by damned as well.

Actually i prefer galleon with 6 speed sails. No cannons and only 8 crew (6 sails + 2 repair). Not sure how many decks. Maybe i can store elephants under deck. Galleon has 12k plank health, which is really good to take some shoots from damned.

Another option was brig ramp build. Ramp 5k health and plank 6k. 

• Like 1

Moving animals to galleon is awful, due it high. They stucks in textures. And It cannot get close to a shore - > long swim to it . At the same time  there are no resourses that can full galleon at one landing.

Always speed sails, always.

And if you make a brig, avoid the middle deck for weight reduction.

And do not overload the ship too much. Then you wont be able to get away from whales and SOD. Keep it at 65-70%.

Edited by Shintai

The design we use is a brigantine with a small section for food storage and crafting on the top deck, no middle deck at all, bottom deck with beds there.  Full speed sails we haven't done anything with weight sails.

2 hours ago, Nitex said:

Moving animals to galleon is awful, due it high. They stucks in textures. And It cannot get close to a shore - > long swim to it . At the same time  there are no resourses that can full galleon at one landing.

But there is a wheel menu now. Should be "easy" now?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

But there is a wheel menu now. Should be "easy" now?

Nah that option doesn't always work.  The issue is primarily that animals have a set teleport zone with that feature and we are allowed to build in that zone so animals will sometimes get stuck in parts of the boat or glitch out by disappearing because they can't get to that zone.  I've been using the follow option after I get on the boat they teleport to me and I just move them where I want them.  

You can also see the zone issue if you try manually put multiple NPC crews on board. There can usually be 2 at that spot before it starts to mess up.

Using the follow command seems to be the best option.

Edited by Shintai

4 hours ago, Nitex said:

Im wondering if it is possible to build galleon with top deck only and store elephants under deck?

• Like 1

Cargo Brig.

b02d2771e0d89edbad2553966ec0febd.jpg

My Speed/Cargo Schooner design..  Right before a whale ate it

Edited by Pax
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Shintai said:

Always speed sails, always.

And if you make a brig, avoid the middle deck for weight reduction.

And do not overload the ship too much. Then you wont be able to get away from whales and SOD. Keep it at 65-70%.

Actually at like 70% weight you get more speed by having a weight sail. Something like that, there was a good post about it recently.

• Like 1