Sign in to follow this  
Atlantian

4K pic of Harbor at night (PvE Lawless from atop a Light House)

https://imgur.com/a/3ipWkTo

8000+ pieces to build this so far and lots more planned.

Please add more types of building blocks like triangle pieces that are half of a square and anything else.

Very limiting currently but still fun, this is only a small portion of the total build.

Day time shots:

https://imgur.com/a/a79Wy6C

Edited by Atlantian
  • Like 9

wish we could see something like that on pvp servers instead of gate spamming

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ave26 said:

wish we could see something like that on pvp servers instead of gate spamming

Yes, you'd never see anything that epic on PvP.  People huddle inside their stone gates surrounded by cannon when they aren't offline raiding someone and fleeing back to their bunker.  Something like that would be blown to bits as fast as it was built, more's the pity.

If they make a pvpve server then it is possible. Then the pvp part will be navy battles. But then it need adjusting how map layout will be and what part will be pve and what pvp. But if the make a server like that I will move over from pve to pvpve. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atlantian said:

Please add more types of building blocks like triangle pieces that are half of a square and anything else.

Very limiting currently but still fun, this is only a small portion of the total build.

Is this before or after the troll shot it all down with 1 cannon in 2 minutes ?😉

1 hour ago, awakatanka said:

If they make a pvpve server then it is possible. Then the pvp part will be navy battles. But then it need adjusting how map layout will be and what part will be pve and what pvp. But if the make a server like that I will move over from pve to pvpve. 

I play on an Unofficial PvPvE server, 6x4 zones, x3 rates and it makes Official servers look as abysmal as they truly are.

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Is this before or after the troll shot it all down with 1 cannon in 2 minutes ?😉

was obviously built on a pve server.

Op that is a thing of beauty. I don’t supppose you’d care to share which server and where for anyone wanting to see it in person?

Edited by boomervoncannon

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

was obviously built on a pve server.

Op that is a thing of beauty. I don’t supppose you’d care to share which server and where for anyone wanting to see it in person?

L6 PvE Onocastle NE corner.

The docks are mostly for visitors, had 5 traders at once so now they can pull up and unload elephants even right up on docks (all deep water). Also there to stop someone from ploping down a shipyard at a janky angle and messing up the view (tons of places to build still on the island).

1 minute ago, Atlantian said:

L6 PvE Onocastle NE corner.

The docks are mostly for visitors, had 5 traders at once so now they can pull up and unload elephants even right up on docks (all deep water). Also there to stop someone from ploping down a shipyard at a janky angle and messing up the view (tons of places to build still on the island).

NA or EU?

9 hours ago, Atlantian said:

We wonder why the server lags so bad.... Hope you paying attention Grapeshot.... this is why you don't do 2x, and def don't do 4x... if this kid had to farm all that crap without mounts and 1x he wouldn't have did this crap but on a private server. 

Wonder when they gonna learn their lesson....

• Like 1

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

We wonder why the server lags so bad.... Hope you paying attention Grapeshot.... this is why you don't do 2x, and def don't do 4x... if this kid had to farm all that crap without mounts and 1x he wouldn't have did this crap but on a private server. 

You must not PvE. 

PvE is made for building on lawless because of claiming entire islands and taxing 30% every other tile. 

Or you can go play lagless pvp, with no buildings.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

I did it all by hand at 1x and 2x along with 2 bonus weekends.

And static structures like this do not lag the servers, you have no understanding of server architecture, lantency, ping, fps, rendering.

AI, movable objects like ships, animals, people (by far) lag the server with high pings.

You could easily test it by visiting this then visiting a barren island and you will notice nearly no difference in lag.

Now you know.

2 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

not my taste. sometimes smaller is better and all the shipyards are ugly too

tons of smaller things everywhere, this is unique.

12 minutes ago, Atlantian said:

I did it all by hand at 1x and 2x along with 2 bonus weekends.

And static structures like this do not lag the servers, you have no understanding of server architecture, lantency, ping, fps, rendering.

AI, movable objects like ships, animals, people (by far) lag the server with high pings.

You could easily test it by visiting this then visiting a barren island and you will notice nearly no difference in lag.

Now you know.

tons of smaller things everywhere, this is unique.

I mean I can see you doing this by hand.... wouldn't take much.

And static structures do lag the server.... especially the way Ark and this game are designed and their server stasis bullcrap.

Thanks for not understanding how things work and refuting facts.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I mean I can see you doing this by hand.... wouldn't take much.

And static structures do lag the server.... especially the way Ark and this game are designed and their server stasis bullcrap.

Thanks for not understanding how things work and refuting facts.

I have tested it by going to both and testing lag and pings.

99% of the server lag in ping comes from the player count, go visit an empty island (there is tons) then visit here late night with 5 people on and see no difference in lag.

The data for static structures being pulled from the database is not a lot (even when pulling 8000 static pieces one time to your client), the constant feed of data from AI, people, ships which move and have tons of detail, dwarfs the data pulls for structures.

Client side rendering is on you but at running speed it renders fine (flying in renders are slow).

5 minutes ago, Pizik said:

Looks awesome. Ignore the haters 🙂

Going to be 8 times bigger. 🙂 And this only shows a small portion of the total build. Mountain fortress, dungeon, massive monument all still in the works.

Also has 8 ziplines which get you to all points of the property quickly with signs pointing the way to all the different resources like opals, emeralds, iron, syrup, crystals.

And a massive trade market with 40 different things for sale and offers to buy (on billboards inside the building so you can see everything easy).

Edited by Atlantian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantian said:

I have tested it by going to both and testing lag and pings.

99% of the server lag in ping comes from the player count, go visit an empty island (there is tons) then visit here late night with 5 people on and see no difference in lag.

The data for static structures being pulled from the database is not a lot (even when pulling 8000 static pieces one time to your client), the constant feed of data from AI, people, ships which move and have tons of detail, dwarfs the data pulls for structures.

Client side rendering is on you but at running speed it renders fine (flying in renders are slow).

<-- top end machine 

NPC's and boats load faster than the million honecombed walls we have.... have a lot of tames... guess where all the lag usually comes from when you point toward the structures... 

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

<-- top end machine 

NPC's and boats load faster than the million honecombed walls we have.... have a lot of tames... guess where all the lag usually comes from when you point toward the structures... 

Render times are slow, even the devs state that ships kill things along with AI.

4 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

<-- top end machine 

Top end machine when it was built I am sure 😉

To be fair, if your not in his grid, why would you give 2 shits how big it is. Its no less impressive architecture.

Also, static structures appear to load 1x and are fine after that. Keep in mind the render distance for structures is way less than for ships. I imagine to reduce the load on sub par GPUs.

The most important thing however, is that we should be allowed to build anything the game lets us. This freedom is what makes it a sandbox. Why would anyone in thier right mind argue against that? Small structures suck.

Im with the OP, give us more shapes 😁

3 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Top end machine when it was built I am sure 😉

To be fair, if your not in his grid, why would you give 2 shits how big it is. Its no less impressive architecture.

Also, static structures appear to load 1x and are fine after that. Keep in mind the render distance for structures is way less than for ships. I imagine to reduce the load on sub par GPUs.

The most important thing however, is that we should be allowed to build anything the game lets us. This freedom is what makes it a sandbox. Why would anyone in thier right mind argue against that? Small structures suck.

Im with the OP, give us more shapes 😁

Top End machine as in TOP END NOW.... other wise I would have said medium or low.

Secondly I don't give two shits what he does... I simply want the devs to realize that spamming structures and doing this dumb RP crap is easier done with all these increased rates.  Lower yields would make someone give up faster.

Ya dig or do I need to spell it out for you?

8 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Top End machine as in TOP END NOW.... other wise I would have said medium or low.

Secondly I don't give two shits what he does... I simply want the devs to realize that spamming structures and doing this dumb RP crap is easier done with all these increased rates.  Lower yields would make someone give up faster.

Ya dig or do I need to spell it out for you?

You sound upset.

Lower yields would not deter me.

The change to the stone recipe due to PvP nerfs did not deter me at all, 1x would not deter me either.

Ya dig? 🙂 

The data from 3 custom flags is more data sent than the data sent 1 time to your client to be able to render the base.

Continue thinking this is hard on servers, its not. Devs have stated it recently in live dev chat and could settle it here for you if they wanted.