[A1] Steel

Configurable .Ini change for maximum land claims

Hope you're having a great day

I know this is already on the grapeshot list of things to be discussed but it's becoming more and more of a problem everyday on our server and I'm desperate to get a .ini configuration.

I see it being done in up to three different ways:

1. Limit total number of claims per person (Probably not)
  2. Limit total number of claims per tribe per cluster (a fix we can work with)
  3. Limit total number of claims per tribe per region (this would be awesome)

Thank you for everything you do! 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Unofficial servers need way more control over features, such as claim flags, companies, players, spawns and everything else that’s possible. Ark data shows unofficial servers hold the vast majority of players in the middle-long run.

Also not every need will be fulfilled by mods, some even can’t be modded.

Also direct control over companies could allow for some RP with alliances and war status on pve servers. 

Edited by Daredevil
  • Like 1

Yes! Please add, would allow for things to be soooo much smoother and more enjoyable!

They just did fix it, you get 20 days. But, I'd be happy if they address overlapping claims that were already there. 

I think you should be able to get a good chunk of land. Having a bunch of dots on the map and looking to who is charging less for taxes would be a mess too. Private servers please! we've seemingly have taken inches only a 2 person group.

53 minutes ago, Jay8454 said:

They just did fix it, you get 20 days. But, I'd be happy if they address overlapping claims that were already there. 

I think you should be able to get a good chunk of land. Having a bunch of dots on the map and looking to who is charging less for taxes would be a mess too. Private servers please! we've seemingly have taken inches only a 2 person group.

read again….. 🤦‍♂️

This is a optimum concept.  As a new player to established servers; over claiming is perhaps a principle reason to leave any server.  It makes getting established tedious at best.  Noone enjoys sailing hours of real time amidst a sea of red claims.  A balanced solution would give moderators the ability to control the ebb and flow of their player base. 

These type of controls would be a positive improvement.  Players who cannot settle and begin "playing" the game of building ships and exploring find other games to play.  Let risk equal reward; as you take on risk you should gain the benefits or greater claims and responsibility to defend those claims.

Hi. I would write to the developers as a negative opinion and hope to solve the problem. It is currently impossible to allocate space on a PVE server because there is no limit on the number of usable flags. this should be limited at the player and company level, too, because who is not playing the first day to book the odds. it is also a joke that the time is between 16 and 20 days until you can take the flag of the other when it took 10 minutes to land one half of the island. the other and the character would be aging. In 1 month, the character is 90 years old and the source is almost impossible to do to get younger. I hope they solve these problems because they make the game very viable and boring at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Grabowski
  • Like 1

Claim System needs some love, yes, cause now it stagnate.
As i suggested in my post:

The Landclaim Idea i had:

Landclaims (Idea is just for PVE. i dont know enaugh about PVP Server to make a suggestion there)
U need a better system.  Its not ok to run all the time to save ur claim (PvE) but also just loging in all 3 Weeks to make ur land save, its also not ok for the rest.
So make some stats to check, how aktiv a tribe is/was last 24 hours / last week. Check up how many ingame hours a tribe has last 24 hours, last week.
Check how many ships moving hours they have, how many ships released, how many tames got used and so on.
Dont tell us exaktly wich faktors are how importent, so people dont find to much easy ways to use the mechanic in a wrong way.
If u know how aktiv a tribe is and how many players are aktiv in real.... use that informations to manage how many flags they need = can hold easy and drop down the save-time for the flags.
Use something like online hours or tribe aktivity points.

Maby a tribe can have 1 Tribe Flag wich is save for 2 Weeks. Then set up more flags (save time 7 days) per 8 hours playtime/aktivity ... no mather 4 persons play 2 hours a day or one play 8 hours a day.
If the tribe has 48 hours playtime / day - they have 6 more flags with 7 days savetimer.
If they drop down the playtime to  24 hours / day ... drop down the savetime of each flag (not the one main tribe flag) to 3,5 days savetime... so they need to be more aktive or remove some flags to have more savetime. 

Land for rent
Lets talk about why rent land/space to other players.
If an enemy try to claim ur land. The tenant get an information also. The tenant has a kind of right to claim the land as first.
He can take over the land before the enemy gets it. Maby let it cost an amount of 1000 Gold. (First renter on the flag, has the first right)
Give this renter a chance to say "save the claim for the owner" - so flag stay save, without beeing claimed and for no money.