Sign in to follow this  
King Sinbad

Hatchet blueprints?

Just got a mythical metal hatchet. I tried to post a pic but the size limitation is nuts.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:05 PM, boomervoncannon said:

They are likely following their ark model where quality metal pick bp’s were rarer than nuns in a brothel. Expect them to either currently not exist or only be available from high level content and still rare.

Tames are more important 

i have have mythical hatchet and pick for a while now got them back early may ,from trreasure maps, all with varying damage percetages , 

5 hours ago, Realist said:

Tames are more important 

False, if you farm metal/thatch you get more with a good tool and max. hand harvesting skill.

The metal amount you get is almost doubled compare to what a rhino get from one node

wait u have to have the hand harvesting skill in order to get more resources when using bp tools ? i just thought u would get more for using the bps?

2 hours ago, Introser said:

False, if you farm metal/thatch you get more with a good tool and max. hand harvesting skill.

The metal amount you get is almost doubled compare to what a rhino get from one node

Still false. I would rather spend my skills points in a different area which makes tames even more important than I said before.

why waste skill points on hand harvesting when there is a perfectly good tame right next to you?

Doesn't play game, but somehow knows all.

If you were wondering I think you are wrong.  Hand harvesting is much better than tame when it comes to metal.  If you played the game you would know why we think this.

14 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Doesn't play game, but somehow knows all.

If you were wondering I think you are wrong.  Hand harvesting is much better than tame when it comes to metal.  If you played the game you would know why we think this.

Absolutly right, Sir!
For Wood(elephant), Fiber(bear), Stone(Rhino) and Thatch(giraffe) -> tames are the weapon of choice
For metal pickaxe + hand harvest is best because the rhino has no extra on metal just on stone.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Realist said:

Still false. I would rather spend my skills points in a different area which makes tames even more important than I said before.

why waste skill points on hand harvesting when there is a perfectly good tame right next to you?

because u still get more metal from nodes hand harvesting than u do from tames , with the addition of the cargo cart box its more efficient to metal farm by hand ,u dont play the game so u wont know this , 

20 minutes ago, The_Wiesel said:

Absolutly right, Sir!
For Wood(elephant), Fiber(bear), Stone(Rhino) and Thatch(giraffe) -> tames are the weapon of choice
For metal pickaxe + hand harvest is best because the rhino has no extra on metal just on stone.

correct sir , 

Edited by UDO

21 hours ago, Ducimus said:

wait u have to have the hand harvesting skill in order to get more resources when using bp tools ? i just thought u would get more for using the bps?

the hand harvest skill increases the amount of every tool u use. Blueprints dont grant more resources afaik.
Most tools (if not all) have two stats: Durability and Damage. Damage increases the amount you harvest from a node per hit not over all! Durability makes the tool last longer.
The amount per node is defined by the node itself. Only farm multiplcators increase the amount you harvest per node because it targets the node not the tool. Thats why the hand harvest skill makes indeed sense with some resources (metal, seagrass, aso) since u either cant use a tame (seagrass) oder there is no tame with a resource bonus (metal).

There is one resource which is kinda a hybrid to that imho: Flint!
With flint its basically the same like with metal. Pickaxe + hand harvest is best per node. BUT since stone is massivly available in most areas it is in fact more effective to farm it with a rhino due to the overall amount per time (it farms massiv more nodes per min then u with a pickaxe) even the rhino has no bonus for flint.

I hope that answers your question

Edited by The_Wiesel

maybe you should just do more blue, purple+ treasure hunts. My group has a bunch of bps for all the tools, even a few mythic bps for metal axe, and pick. the one we are yet to see is a mythic sickle, but then again we have some pretty beefy bears so we probably wouldn't bother to make those either.