Sign in to follow this  
King Sinbad

Hatchet blueprints?

48 minutes ago, King Sinbad said:

Can we get some metal hatchet blueprints?? Why are they missing... 

They are likely following their ark model where quality metal pick bp’s were rarer than nuns in a brothel. Expect them to either currently not exist or only be available from high level content and still rare.

We were wondering about this recently as well bow, sword, pistol, pickaxe, climbing pick, grappling hook, sickle all are upgraded designs but not the hatchet (or spyglass and lantern but they're less of an issue though more duarbility on a lantern would be nice). A hatchet is one of the most commonly used gathering tools we have and yet there isn't an upgraded design blueprint to be found.

Tbh I think they forgot adding the bps for hatchets and don't want to change code to add them now.

First, stop bumping. And secondly, someone on my server claimed to get a metal hatchet bp from a golden age ruin treasure map, unproven though

5 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

[snip]  someone on my server claimed to get a metal hatchet bp from a golden age ruin treasure map, unproven though

Pic or it didn't happen!

I think the club blueprint is supposed to be hatchet, but Devs haven't noticed or decided to fix yet.

It doesn't make sense to have a club blueprint in Atlas when it's strictly an ARK item.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, Vegetto said:

Tbh I think they forgot adding the bps for hatchets and don't want to change code to add them now.

They are the same devs that made ARK so its hardly surprising. ARK had the same issues, a lot of an unexplained missing blueprints for ages until the devs finally worked out that they were missing.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:35 PM, Vegetto said:

You don't need to change a single character of code. These are loot tables, simply add the hatchet to the loot table in U4 and give it a weight (RNG %).

Will not stop bumping, this needs to be addressed, i want a purple ax dammit! Can't have it get buried by shit posts.

And yes... i have put it in the bug forum.

1 minute ago, RogueLdr said:

Will not stop bumping, this needs to be addressed, i want a purple ax dammit! Can't have it get buried by shit posts.

And yes... i have put it in the bug forum.

Have you tried using dye?

::and away::

Yea I have yet to find one myself. Although to be fair the rhino works for stone and the elephant for wood. My legendary pick is lovely for gathering thatch. Not sure how much I would actually use a hatchet BP but I agree it should be an option.

Bumpity bump. Even if we didn't need better hatchets, fixing the missing blueprint is still the right thing to do.