Reduce the amount of flags one can place to individuals within a crew. If 1 person you get 2 flags and then increases by 1 per person in crew. People are claiming as much land as they can and stopping node spawning, reduce node destruction area to buildings and not land claim, or limit the amount of claims of an island based on it size per crew

• Like 5

i agree with this so far its land claim after land claim for crews, Taking over islands, We either need 1 claim from leader of crew, Or land claims from 3 per crew sort of thing, And use the payments to increase land yield from there, Or reduce the amount of players that can be in a crew to a reasonable number to control it that way, There are many ways this can be done and i agree with this needing to be fixed sooner than later.

Its not just that but each land claim destroyes the resource node spawns so controlling all the land on the island dosnt do anything but stop you from getting anything from the land. resources don't take 24h to spawn they take a few min if there isn't a claim on it

For the love of the game... wipe it and start over with land claim limits.

Whole islands claimed away is just stupid. It's very hard to sail a raft around to find somewhere unclaimed to build a dock than a ship. 

I second all the above we must limit it claims 

1 minute ago, stormoffires said:

For the love of the game... wipe it and start over with land claim limits.

Whole islands claimed away is just stupid. It's very hard to sail a raft around to find somewhere unclaimed to build a dock than a ship. 

I second all the above we must limit it claims 

Agree me and my buddies started at A6 and sailed all the way to M8 and all we could find were island fully claimed and it takes an 1:30:00 to take over land. 

46 minutes ago, Promnesia_ said:

i agree with this so far its land claim after land claim for crews, Taking over islands, We either need 1 claim from leader of crew, Or land claims from 3 per crew sort of thing, And use the payments to increase land yield from there, Or reduce the amount of players that can be in a crew to a reasonable number to control it that way, There are many ways this can be done and i agree with this needing to be fixed sooner than later.

Agree land claim should be Admin+ for flag placement if in a crew. If your solo you shouldn't need more than 1-2 flags enough for a dry dock and a base and you can name claim flag territories. If you place a third flag it gives you a choice to abandon a previous flag location. If in a crew total claim flags increases based on population of crew say +1 flag per 2 crew members or adding a skill tree that increases radius and flags number based on crew level in the crew tab for captains only. 

Why not have the claim flag be a feat and you buy them in the skill tree, each one you buy allows an additional flag placement, if you place more than you have then the first one placed gets unclaimed.
Give the flags like a 7 day destruction timer, if you don't log in in that time it decays but don't allow for contesting territory.
Significantly increase the claim radius of flags but have it so flags don't stop respawns.

Then if a member wants to spec for land grabs they can but otherwise you just get one flag for each member of the company.
This would limit the amount of flags needed to claim an island and stop people from spamming flags on other peoples islands to mess with them because if they did their island would become unclaimed.

A single person (or even a small group of people) should not be able to claim the entirely of an island, let alone the entirety of a grid. They seriously need to fix this mechanic otherwise it's going to be the same bullshit we see on Ark official where a handful of tribes rule the entire sea.

"easy" fixes would be to just increase the radius of claimed territory and limit it to one per person or one per company; add an upkeep to each flag (perhaps with scaling upkeep for each additional flag you place) so players have to actually maintain territory they try to claim which prevents them from spreading out too much; add a skill tree based on claiming that does stuff like increasing the radius of the flag for bigger bases, increases the number of flags you can place, and maybe throw in some perks as well like making it take longer to contest a territory or things like that.

I'm sure there are other methods that could work as well, but honestly the system as it is now is just garbage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree the system is garbage and has favoured all those that were able to get in the servers and got a early start on everyone else that was rubber banding or stuck in spawn points for the first 16 hours.

The whole map should be wiped and let everyone start on a even keel now the game is at least somewhat playable.

+1 for change and wipe. This needs to happen for PVE as soon as possible. I had to work for the first two days and all of the land we've seen is already claimed. I can't imagine new people coming into the game in a week or more will even have a chance. I'm not sure how land claims currently work but if it doesn't currently it needs to decay so those that leave can be removed and not clog the server. 

+1 change and wipe.

I don't have a perfect fix in mind, but it needs to be addressed, changed, wiped, and tested.

Definitely need a hard cap on placeable claims, per person & per company.

15 hours ago, Rats said:

Totally agree the system is garbage and has favoured all those that were able to get in the servers and got a early start on everyone else that was rubber banding or stuck in spawn points for the first 16 hours.

The whole map should be wiped and let everyone start on a even keel now the game is at least somewhat playable.

Wll yeah and this isn't ark so they should have accounted for the limited land

Made a post about this as well before I saw this. It's ridiculous.. there's chinese clans and this clan called Infinite, who literally just claimed TONS of land and sea. And most of the time it's just because they can spam the shit out of those flags. There's no logic behind it. - Except for maybe getting notified when someone sails into your land at sea.

Fully agree.  Maybe there needs to be a system in place that makes it quicker to capture land also.  Something like a timer on flags, each placed flag (still going with one flag per player) when fully owned counts down from say 12hrs or something like that.  To keep the timer full at 12hrs the player or company must be near to it for it to refresh to 12hrs. This then means you cant just place a landclaim and go somewhere else then spamming landclaims with big guilds as it would get to be too much work going back and forth to every flag. 

As the timer runs down it allows someone else a better chance to capture it.  So something like:

12hr timer = 12hrs to capture

10hr timer = 6hrs to capture

8hr timer = 3hrs to capture

6hr timer = 1.5hrs to capture

4hr timer = 45mins to capture

2hr timer = 22.5mins to capture

1hr timer = 11mins to capture

0 = 5mins to capture

This then promotes people to be active to retain their flags and then gives people a better chance to take from those who arent active or who are just spamming. As i still dont think 1 landclaim per person will solve this issue.

+1 to all suggestions here.

I was taking land from someone and have been there for 1hr and 10 minutes doing so before some troll was able to come and place there flag right next to mine putting a halt to me contesting the pre existing one. 99% of the territories do not even have 1 structure on them, they are simply claiming to be a$$Holes. When 1 person can claim entire islands you know your system is broken.  

Please also start removing lawless islands as spawn points as that is alot of land that can be used by those of us screwed by the land lock system. 

My idea for claims was to only allow ONE claim for each company (not per player) and another for an alliance and that over time and by spending gold the circle under that companies/alliances control expands up to a max of owning both land and sea in a single server map tile. As one circle expands and hits another it would block it from taking that circle but if further expanded it would envelope that circle forcing them to ally, surrender and abandon claim, sell the claim, or fight. As for placing another flag to challenge another claim it should just be having a menu option once you open your character sheet that once in another's claim you could select 'alliance', 'surrender and abandon', or 'purchase'.

Surrender and abandon you would also initiate a 24 hour battle  over the claim if the claim owner refuse to surrender with all respawns in either company/alliance on cooldown timer on respawning till end of battle, encouraging group play and a true fight to the 'death'.  Alliance and purchase would trigger a response by claim owner with accept/decline/or price to sell. 

Also maybe allow for a company to make a claim within a another's claim triggering kind of the same deal but in essence it would make them more of a serfdom with the existing owner making the choice to accept and for what price or outright refusing canceling the new claim. If 24 hours pass on this without existing claim owner responding it should cancel automatically forcing company whose new claim failed to try again or take up arms and challenge the existing claim as above.