Sign in to follow this  
thesavoyard

Punishing weekday players

Atlas is a boring grind from Tuesday to Thursday. Even a schooner farmed with animals is not worth it. The weekends are not double, they are more like 3x. On top of that, on the weekdays they nerf stamina and decrease tool durability. They try so hard to balance (though favoring huge companies so not balancing at all) they forget that the game is not that enjoyable. Maybe focus on making a good game and less on manipulation?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Go raid during the week, I’m sure people that farmed on the weekend have tons of resources.

They arent trying to disfavor weekday players, you’re just on a witchhunt for perks.

Edited by Bad News Bear
  • Like 2

I find the grind perfectly fine on weekdays. Plus it isnt a debuff, it’s the regular game, you can always go on an unofficial server with x5 all the time if that’s what you want. I’ve considered it in the past.

Edited by Bad News Bear

What about the stamina and durability debuff?

Also, we're not back to normal, we're back to day one, normal would be the permanent 2x they announced.

Edited by thesavoyard

There's something funky going on with harvesting. Over the weekend, I'd get 80-180 wood per tree, now, its 20-60. If I pick up stones, it still gives the 2 stones, but hitting anything seems to yield a good bit less than half of what it was. The same thing happened last week after the x2 ended.

31 minutes ago, thesavoyard said:

What about the stamina and durability debuff?

Also, we're not back to normal, we're back to day one, normal would be the permanent 2x they announced.

There is no stamina or durability debuff.  And we are already on permanent 2x. 

For me, buff is still too much. In the weekends a solo player of us makes a complete galleon within a day. That’s insane and shouldn’t be happening. 

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

For me, buff is still too much. In the weekends a solo player of us makes a complete galleon within a day. That’s insane and shouldn’t be happening. 

Agreed. I am a 2 hour per day kind of guy amd i still think grinding mats is a bit too fast. I would say 50 man hours for a galleon is reasonable.

Anybody else hearing an echo in here?

Wait...I always wanted to do this....

Hello  hello hello

Is there anybody in there?  in there?  in there?

Just nod if you can hear me. hear me. hear me.

Is there anyone at home? at home? at home?

There is no pain you are receding 

A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon

You are only coming through in waves

Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re saying

and Iiiiiiiiiiiii

have become

Comfotably Numb 

• Like 1

yes you can do that with prim garbage. but when you try to do something worth it using BP's its impossible to do anything worth while. The time it takes to sail to a safe harbor to farm, or even to trade takes hours. its really not worth it in the long run.

Farm on weekends, and transport, trade, and build during the week. 

Transporting mats, especially metal, takes me a lot longer than actually harvesting them. When you're making trades of over 10k metal, you're not worrying about 2x weekends.