Sign in to follow this  
Stealth

Anchored ships lost to ship of the damned dragged by a player. (EU PVE)

As of today at 5:45 pm 5th of February., i was contacted with my fellow company member about half of our anchored ships at bay at G9 Petroden Haven got sunk by a ship of the damned lvl 3 (3 Galleons, and a couple of Brigs). 

First time in history of the island have we lost anything to the ship of the damned this way (anchored).
But as i asked how the ship of the damned came all the way inside the enclosed safe area. He mention the the company Pirates and Knights (solo player) dragged a ship of the damned all the way inside the natural enclosed safe area.

For some reason, he blames us for a lot of stuff we dont know about.

Regardless of this. He continues to exploit and find stupidity to break our peaceful community here  on the island. This cannot be tolerated no longer. 

We lost so many ships due to this, and our alliance member next door lost a ship because of this as well.

The name of this player is: "Volduin Dragon" from  "PIRATES & KNIGHTS" company. EU PVE.

I hope i can get some kind of information as to how i can report this player for his actions, exploits, harassment and his bad mannered tone.

I know this is EA, but a salty solo player ruining hours upon hours of work, fine. Exploiting the weakness of the game to ruin others fine. Harassment and the langauge he use to insult people? This is something that cannot be tolerated. All in all i hope this guy would get some kind of penalty, cause this island without him is much better than having troubles everyday lurking around.

Should there be anymore questions i am happily to answer, and i have more screenshots about the ships he sunk etc.

Thank you for your time.
Stealth - Paragon Company
evidence.thumb.JPG.7c0b82b26d5511d176959f1ac2c2fde2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create a ticket about it. He violated the code of conduct and will likely be banned and hopefully your ships restored.

Despite SOD shouldn´t attack anchored ships, people just hide behind the ships so they get hit "accidently".

Only way to possible protect your ships against these griefers are to fortify the habour and spend lots of food and gold on it.

Edited by Shintai

If they only had a mode where you could deal with this crap yourself...

Oh yeah, it's called PvP.

Forgive me for not being more sympathetic, but the idea that Grapeshot has to continuously appease carebears and dedicate hours to making essentially 2 games out of one to satiate the pacifists has always been upsetting.

Had you just played on PvP and grown accustomed to how PvP works- you wouldn't be making this long winded post crying for outside help to deal with your internal issues.

It's not really a downfall of the game, but a failure on the communities end which makes development of this title 2x as long having to account for all these PvE-Unfriendly mishaps.

What you are experiencing is daily routine on PvP, but we don't amputate ourselves by playing PvE and do something about it.

With that said, dude should be banned.

Edited by Teach
  • Thanks 1

Same thing in k4 eu pve! I lost my brigantine, and some other companies lost their shiips. I think it's our new big neigbours. All ship block the claim area.
Logs also say that brigantine was destroyd by ship of the damned

26 minutes ago, Teach said:

If they only had a mode where you could deal with this crap yourself...

Oh yeah, it's called PvP.

Forgive me for not being more sympathetic, but the idea that Grapeshot has to continuously appease carebears and dedicate hours to making essentially 2 games out of one to satiate the pacifists has always been upsetting.

Had you just played on PvP and grown accustomed to how PvP works- you wouldn't be making this long winded post crying for outside help to deal with your internal issues.

It's not really a downfall of the game, but a failure on the communities end which makes development of this title 2x as long having to account for all these PvE-Unfriendly mishaps.

What you are experiencing is daily routine on PvP, but we don't amputate ourselves by playing PvE and do something about it.

With that said, dude should be banned.

Oh no, the true legend, the pvp player, everyone hide, the alpha male has come!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Oh no, the true legend, the pvp player, everyone hide, the alpha male has come!

Forgive us for playing the game how it's actually meant to be played. You don't see PvP'ers making posts about being wiped by a level 2-3 SOD, or asking the devs to deal with a sole griefer when in PvP you handle it yourself by handcuffing them, caging them, and force-feeding them until they uninstall cause they have no friends to come help them.

Edited by Teach
  • Like 1

I left my dock and was sailing between my group of islands in the fog the other day, also the EU PvE and I start to come under fire from a SOTD.  I thought to myself: "Maybe they come closer in the fog?".  I managed to get away through the shallows (it got stuck) but I was shocked to see it so close.  And it would re-aggro anything that came close once it was there.

Maybe they should implement a pursuit timer?  After x amount of time they break aggro if not taking any damage themselves?

31 minutes ago, Teach said:

Forgive us for playing the game how it's actually meant to be played. You don't see PvP'ers making posts about being wiped by a level 2-3 SOD, or asking the devs to deal with a sole griefer when in PvP you handle it yourself by handcuffing them, caging them, and force-feeding them until they uninstall cause they have no friends to come help them.

How do you know how this game is meant to play? I forgot, ur the alpha male...

Idiot detected, who thinks, (like a lot guys) only his OPINION is the true holy grail.

Edited by Chett
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chett said:

How do you know how this game is meant to play? I forgot, ur the alpha male...

Idiot detected, who thinks (like a lot guys) only his OPINION is the true holy grail.

Idiot that knows this is exactly what happened in PvE Ark and this is just time repeating itself.

PvE has always been the bane of existance to Wildcard games. It's a waste of time and effort to appease a portion of population that would rather scream entitlement at every corner rather than take it upon themselves to develop the experience they are looking for.

PvE takes the sand out of the sandbox, and should be relegated to only unofficial capacities.

2d682cf02f.png

Edited by Teach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chett said:

I still read just an OPINION.

Then google what I googled and read the opinion of HUNDREDS of PvE Ark players.

Yup, STILL OPINIONS. Official Statement from Wild/Grape ? Why did they make PvE Servers ? Why did they even change some mechanics for PvE.

Edit: Keep going with I-Net threads, i also could pull out of my hat, that going the other direction.

Your OPINION isnt more worth, then someone else's...

Get over it.

Edited by Chett

5 minutes ago, Teach said:

Then google what I googled and read the opinion of HUNDREDS of PvE Ark players.

You should have posted this in PvE portion if you wanted to make more of a wave. 

Edited by DangerZone
I can't spell

4 minutes ago, DangerZone said:

You should have posted this in PvE potion if you wanted to make more of a wave. 

Truthfully, the argument to remove PvE in an official capacity is a losing battle- but that doesn't take away the idea I can still drill into carebears about how they essentially ruin & delay development of the game when PvP players can handle the issues PvE players encounter all on their own.

Not looking to cause a bigger wave than the one I created here 🙂

Edited by Teach
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Teach said:

Truthfully, the argument to remove PvE in an official capacity is a losing battle- but that doesn't take away the idea I can still drill into carebears about how they essentially ruin development of the game.

Not looking to cause a bigger wave than the one I created here 🙂

Different strokes for different folks. I play on PvE but I really enjoy watching PvP streamers. We can have both, but with separate rulesets IMO.

3 minutes ago, DangerZone said:

Different strokes for different folks. I play on PvE but I really enjoy watching PvP streamers. We can have both, but with separate rulesets IMO.

Agreed, and I dont argue PvE doesn't have it's place- just the allocation of resources towards developing PvE essentially makes it it's own entity- and forces an already small group of developers to support 2 titles with the same name.

PvE should be developed by the unofficial community, that's all. You'd actually get more attention and changes from the community than you would the devs.

It would also be 2 less server clusters Grapeshot has to host, which means there is budget to do other things. They are probably in contract though, and even removing PvE official at this time would leave them footing the bill.

Edited by Teach

16 minutes ago, Teach said:

It would also be 2 less server clusters Grapeshot has to host, which means there is budget to do other things. They are probably in contract though, and even removing PvE official at this time would leave them footing the bill.

This is where I disagree. 

48 minutes ago, Teach said:

PvE should be developed by the unofficial community, that's all. You'd actually get more attention and changes from the community than you would the devs.

Why PvE? Why not PvP? Personally, the devs should pay more attention to the one that brings in most money. That is the only meaningful thing.

Edited by Fefu

1 hour ago, Teach said:

Agreed, and I dont argue PvE doesn't have it's place- just the allocation of resources towards developing PvE essentially makes it it's own entity- and forces an already small group of developers to support 2 titles with the same name.

Fact is that there are and have been a lot issues that really only have a huge impact on PvE. I’m a PvP player myself, but so many issues on PvE.. I just hope this will be over soon lol. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Fact is that there are and have been a lot issues that really only have a huge impact on PvE. I’m a PvP player myself, but so many issues on PvE.. I just hope this will be over soon lol. 

Same.

It has been said, written in books, carried upon the waves, and sung from the tops of highest mountains: PvP players do not care about PvE issues and PvE players do not care about  PvP issues (for the most part). The Devs are juggling both and are dealing with issues as they do.

I do not think it is helpful to constantly and consistently pound this point into the forums. I get it, others get it, we all know the points that being made. There should be different rules, support, and updates for both equal service offerings.

Edited by DangerZone

50 minutes ago, DangerZone said:

I do not think it is helpful to constantly and consistently pound this point into the forums.

We feel the same way when we see OP's like this- gotta see where we're coming from too. So much bigger issues to fry, and we gotta watch them deal with a griefer that figured out on PvE you can drag SoD to the coast.

On PvP- this issue is resolved. By the players. The devs get to work on other, bigger things.

I'm glad you guys enjoy PvE- but it makes you soft, and you don't defend your harbors with NPCs, cannons, mortars, etc. Had you actually gone to the effort the rest of us have to build proper defenses- 1 rogue SoD should not be responsible for the damage it caused. That is what I mean by carebear, and having things spoonfed to you. PvE is not an excuse to play the game half-assed, and then cry to the devs that your ships are busted because a level 2 sod took them down on the coast.

That's all it is- two perspectives seeing things from two different angles.

Edited by Teach

4 minutes ago, Teach said:

We feel the same way when we see OP's like this- gotta see where we're coming from too. So much bigger issues to fry, and we gotta watch them deal with a griefer that figured out on PvE you can drag SoD to the coast.

On PvP- this issue is resolved. By the players. The devs get to work on other, bigger things.

That's all it is- two perspectives seeing things from two different angles.

Now you're just trolling @Teach