Henrique

Looking for island for me and my wife - NA PVE [SOLVED - Thanks Daemon Cross]

Hello guys.
I'm playing with my wife for 60 hours on NA PVE server but we did not find any free spaces. We are very discouraged by this and thinking of choosing another game. We do not like Lawless Islands.
Does anyone have any idea how to get an available location? One or two flags would be perfect for us.

Thank you

Edited by Henrique
SOLVED

I’m not sure what all areas you’ve checked but there was a spot in F3 that I unclaimed, it took 5 flags to claim, it was unclaimed 2 days ago. I have one other area that I’ll part with to help you out, water access but it is hostile with lions crocs and snakes. It only has 1 flag though.

I’m on in the afternoon EST, normally after 5:00 pm. If you are interested. Also keep in mind that any company that has a yellow flag will allow you to build on their claim. I’m not sure what happens if you get built and they decide to change the status of it, I’m guessing you would still be the owner of your structure but would not be able to build anything else. 

There is always the option to join a company and can build on their land I believe, though I don’t push that on anyone because I’m against it myself.

Also the further north or south you go in the atlas world seems to have more available areas

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Hello guys.
I'm playing with my wife for 60 hours on NA PVE server but we did not find any free spaces. We are very discouraged by this and thinking of choosing another game. We do not like Lawless Islands.
Does anyone have any idea how to get an available location? One or two flags would be perfect for us.

Thank you

Unfortunately, greedy people don't share, and the non-greedy people are very few and far between. Either you sail forever hoping to find that little space you can steal from someone who isn't playing the game anymore, or you accept the first week overlords who snapped up all the land and tax everyone and rent the land out.  It's a pretty crappy system if you didn't grab land in that first week.

In all my searching, I found one place I could plant a flag, but there was a wolf still alive that I could see, so I knew that person had been active somewhat recently. I've found one person that was willing to give a couple claims to those looking for their first land, but with the dynamic expiration time update came some bad bugs, and they told me they don't want to risk letting go of land for fear of compromising the land they want to keep.

I also live in lawless and have been searching for land for the better part of two weeks. I have about 500 hours in the game so far, but that's also pretty evenly split between a stint in a large company on NA-PVP, NA-PVE, and an unofficial server I'm helping building a new map on. Unofficial is an option, but it is pretty easy mode most of the time and you need to make sure it has active admins that enforce the rules and aren't prone to abuse.

Edited by ThunderGod97
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

I’m not sure what all areas you’ve checked but there was a spot in F3 that I unclaimed, it took 5 flags to claim, it was unclaimed 2 days ago. I have one other area that I’ll part with to help you out, water access but it is hostile with lions crocs and snakes. It only has 1 flag though.

I’m on in the afternoon EST, normally after 5:00 pm. If you are interested. Also keep in mind that any company that has a yellow flag will allow you to build on their claim. I’m not sure what happens if you get built and they decide to change the status of it, I’m guessing you would still be the owner of your structure but would not be able to build anything else. 

There is always the option to join a company and can build on their land I believe, though I don’t push that on anyone because I’m against it myself.

Also the further north or south you go in the atlas world seems to have more available areas

@Daemon Cross I’m very grateful to you for helping me, only one flag would help us a lot. Do you stay in F3? We can go to you after 5:00 pm EST :classic_rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, ThunderGod97 said:

Unfortunately, greedy people don't share, and the non-greedy people are very few and far between. Either you sail forever hoping to find that little space you can steal from someone who isn't playing the game anymore, or you accept the first week overlords who snapped up all the land and tax everyone and rent the land out.  It's a pretty crappy system if you didn't grab land in that first week.

In all my searching, I found one place I could plant a flag, but there was a wolf still alive that I could see, so I knew that person had been active somewhat recently. I've found one person that was willing to give a couple claims to those looking for their first land, but with the dynamic expiration time update came some bad bugs, and they told me they don't want to risk letting go of land for fear of compromising the land they want to keep.

I also live in lawless and have been searching for land for the better part of two weeks. I have about 500 hours in the game so far, but that's also pretty evenly split between a stint in a large company on NA-PVP, NA-PVE, and an unofficial server I'm helping building a new map on. Unofficial is an option, but it is pretty easy mode most of the time and you need to make sure it has active admins that enforce the rules and aren't prone to abuse.

@ThunderGod97 I agree. Apparently the game penalizes much the new players, this is very bad. :classic_unsure:

You are welcome to the land, I only ask that if you decide you do not like it there or decide that you are going to quit the game that you either pass it on to another player who is also starting out and needs the help or transfer it back to me. I’ll be on this evening until around 10:00 pm EST. I’m located on the central island west of the southern tip. The land I’m willing to give you is a little further west. I’ll check to see if the other area is still available and if it is I’ll grab it. Like I said both these areas are hostile so living there will take some time to adjust. I recommend elevating your main living quarters.

The territory is Cursed Exiles if you sail that way before I get on I’m between Old Sails and Grim Companies, if you’d like to meet me there.

• Like 1

What would really be nice is if we could arrange to match up people looking to get rid of land and people looking to get their first land. Don't want to see it go to waste by someone just snapping up some land to put renters on it. Until Grapeshot gets their act together and actually fixes the claim system (including the bugs in it), we kind of need to tackle this problem as a community.

• Like 3

if you are interested i play in a very arge 6x6 unofficial with all 700+islands soon to be 9x9.

My company of 15 PVE players is all active and we do all kinds of stuff together, whaling, sod hunting, trasure maps etc. eventually power islands/bosses even occasional PVP as half of the 6x6 is actually pvp zones.

you are welcome to come join us and do your own thing an join us for adventures.

• Like 1

我在n11 pve上有土地,歡迎你建造它並且稅率低6.6%,除了crystal你可以找到任何東西(你可以在n10上種植它們)

Edited by spacelords

6 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

You are welcome to the land, I only ask that if you decide you do not like it there or decide that you are going to quit the game that you either pass it on to another player who is also starting out and needs the help or transfer it back to me. I’ll be on this evening until around 10:00 pm EST. I’m located on the central island west of the southern tip. The land I’m willing to give you is a little further west. I’ll check to see if the other area is still available and if it is I’ll grab it. Like I said both these areas are hostile so living there will take some time to adjust. I recommend elevating your main living quarters.

The territory is Cursed Exiles if you sail that way before I get on I’m between Old Sails and Grim Companies, if you’d like to meet me there.

@Daemon Cross  Thank you very much. We love the game and are happy with your help. We will travel to your island today, we will try to contact you through the chat. 🙂

Thanks also to all who answered my message 🙂

If you are still looking Death's Door may be able to help.  Currently was are down in J14 and willing to part with some land.  We don't have an overabundance but are more than happy to help out folks that want to play.  We can also take you into our Company if you wish so you have access to what we have built etc.  You could act completely independent if that is how you wish.  Currently a small company, 5 members although 1 guy hasn't been on in a couple weeks and may have left game.

WE have rental spots... on N12. DM me if your interested

@Tsub I could use a flag or two, so long as it has sea access. And don't mind building on a cliff. Have sailed by some of your land looking for flags to capture. Currently have a sloop in I12 I think.

Getting off to bed for this evening but if you come to J14 tomorrow evening I can drop some with a sea access.  If you talk to Black Flag they might give your the 1 claim they have next to mine and you would have a very nice spot.

You will be able to find land after 17 days from now, just because of the current mechanics, if you try it that day ( after 17 days ), you will find land everywhere, that just how this current stupid mechanics works...

Hello, we have land we let people build on in F11 and other places we have claims. If you are interested come to F11 and talk to us or add me on discord Lotus#4187.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, Tsub said:

Getting off to bed for this evening but if you come to J14 tomorrow evening I can drop some with a sea access.  If you talk to Black Flag they might give your the 1 claim they have next to mine and you would have a very nice spot.

I sent him a private message this morning letting him know I would hook him up if he did not find anything. I think I know which one you are talking about. If not, there are others. I am actually looking for some mature players to takeover A12 for us. Regional duke maybe. A husband and wife team of casuals would be perfect.

They took the land offer and have begun building a nice place, I’m only hoping that my gesture of offering the land to them keeps them in the game. The land I gave up was not rented to them nor was it set to allow them to build under my name, it was a single claim that I let go once he was there to reclaim it.

I have done this for two people now and hopefully they will remain in the game.

I’m always on the lookout for more land, whether it is for taming pens or to give up to other players. I’ve been lucky and found some good people who were willing to allow me to use their taming pens even though they were in the business of selling tames in away it took away possibly income to allow me to do so.  I am thankful for that.

• Like 1

We have quite a few spots in H11, that are set to neutral, its a desert..but its home, feel free to check it out sometime.

• Like 1