Tezcatlipoca

Ship Levels

I would like to build a new warship. So I'm thinking about how to spread the levels in a useful way. I need a significantly larger crew at the guns and must not neglect the weight of the ammunition.

How useful is Sturdiness and Accommodations in your view? The reduced cost of the crew is nice, but not really necessary. I do not really need more beds as the ship is designed for NPCs. For the rest, I simply lack the experience to rate that.

They both seems useless, assuming you have gold.

Sturdiness actually seems irrelevant as it was mainly some sort of long journey counter measure. When you level up sturdiness you see the distance % decrease. A bit of accommodation can be useful for the beds.

Edited by Shintai

I have done a lot in Sturdiness and I'm feeling like I wasted those points now, Accommodation seems really good for high crew ships so I might rebuild and try that

Still want a few in sturdiness this reduces your stat depletion rate. Then since you will be using it to actively engage combat put the rest on weight

The Stat depletion rate was patched out about a month ago.  The tooltip is stale.

V 7.33

- Eliminated at-sea increased rate of vitamin/vitals consumption. Now it just causes food to spoil faster, and temperatures to drop.

On PVE at least I have never taken a single point in Sturdiness and haven't regretted it.

Edited by Archsenex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

The Stat depletion rate was patched out about a month ago.  The tooltip is stale.

On PVE at least I have never taken a single point in Sturdiness and haven't regretted it.

Ye, until they reintroduce or redo the stat itself, the sturdiness stat is irrelevant for the time being.

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

V 7.33

- Eliminated at-sea increased rate of vitamin/vitals consumption. Now it just causes food to spoil faster, and temperatures to drop.

Thanks for advising everyone of the stale tooltip. I saw this in the patch notes with everything else at the time but it didn't really sink it til your reminder.

1 minute ago, Zhoutai said:

my "distance" % doesn't go above 50% so I think its working, just not sure its worth it

It's not.  Get some warm pants and build a pair of Captain's Butt Warmers (Fires)

Edited by Archsenex

Just now, Zhoutai said:

Ah well, I guess I'm rebuilding a galleon for the next few days 🤦‍♂️

Strip all the cannons and a couple decks and you'll still have a really good fast hauler.  The lack of accommodations causing crew to be expensive won't matter, as you only have 6 of them for the sails.  You'll be fast enough that you won't need guns.

It would be nicer if you could put all those points in Weight but a ship that sails still has value.

yeah its an idea, will see how it goes, next one will be acc/weight with a few for any crew I need

I built an armored war brig with two decks and 18 cannon on one side. I used several points in sturdiness to help me be able to finish a fight and worry about patches after. I cant say if that has actually made a huge difference in sink rate because i havent fully sunken the ship yet. 

All other points are in accomodations and weight. It gets heavy with 18 guns manned and 3 on sails.

Edited by Humcitysav

49 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Strip all the cannons and a couple decks and you'll still have a really good fast hauler.  The lack of accommodations causing crew to be expensive won't matter, as you only have 6 of them for the sails.  You'll be fast enough that you won't need guns.

It would be nicer if you could put all those points in Weight but a ship that sails still has value.

ALl the deck are not mandatory ? if i destroy one my ship wont sunk ?

Because it will be very good to put bear ore bull and cow and elephant and rhino for breeding when it will be available for tiers 3.

4 minutes ago, gimpbrush said:

ALl the deck are not mandatory ? if i destroy one my ship wont sunk ?

Because it will be very good to put bear ore bull and cow and elephant and rhino for breeding when it will be available for tiers 3.

Yeah you don't need all of the decks on the ship.  We run a cargo brig with only the top and bottom decks.

Wooden ceilings can turn into trap doors like you want, cycle with T, though theres nothing big enough for an animal to fit through.