Sign in to follow this  
Argh!

Weather needs Major tweaking...

Dying because of a sudden extreme heat or cold snaps doesn't make this game more fun. It just feels like a poor design choice.
Here are some legitimate reasons to change or remove this:

• Freeport Zones -- in the Arctic or Desert are subject to extreme weather all the time, and as a result, anyone that is unfortunate enough to begin there journey at one of these Freeports dies over and over. There is no way to progress your character fast enough to survive past the first day -- as a first impression of Atlas, this is nothing but frustration and disappointment.  I know of several solid gamers that wrote off Atlas for this reason alone.
  • Fortitude -- has to be leveled to a ridiculous degree to survive even the basic elements, which means you cannot use these attribute points to specialize your character, and expect to live. the majority of points currently go to Weight and Fortitude to even function in Atlas.
  • Immersion breaking -- I'm in the middle of particularly intense (sea battle, beast tame, building spree, crafting session... etc,.) all of a sudden I have a broken leg, I can barely move, and my health is nearly depleted... why? It's hot/cold out!! -- This just sucks... Every single time.
  • Early game --  Through at least level 15, and in some cases beyond, if you have not invested the majority of your attribute points in to Fortitude, you will just randomly die because of the weather. This happens WAY TO OFTEN, and discourages exploration early on. This is where those of us that played a lot of Ark have an advantage -- But I didn't come to this game just to play with my old Ark pals -- I'd like to be able to recommend this game to other friends, and not have to explain to them how to survive for more than three minutes.  

in ARK there were areas that you could escape extreme temperatures --  only when you CHOSE to go to the arctic or desert regions did you need to prepare, but this was a choice, and not randomly dropped on the player.

In Atlas, there is no escape -- During a heatwave, no amount of swimming in the water, hiding in your house or inside your boat, or getting naked will save you -- If you don't have enough points in Fortitude, or have the ability to tame high level parrots or penguins, or make special armor <-- which doesn't even work unless your stats are high enough. YOU WILL JUST DIE!!

Please consider either removing extreme weather, or tuning it to be more localized to dangerous areas that you need to prepare for.

And don't get me started on Cyclones... there is already another post about that. (see forum link below)

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/44310-weather-and-zcyclones/

• Like 1

in the zone i am in Tropics region every night it get to about mid 50s sometimes but the day well it is always a minimum of 105 every day just about. But alot of days it is heat wave with temps of 147 at times. I die from heat in the water. In the tropics a heat wave it should only get to about 105 so the weather system is broken and has not even been addressed. The insane high temps have made breeding impossible (even if it was working)

• Like 1