Sign in to follow this  
Notorious

This isn't PVE, change it.

Finally frustrated.....This is not player verse environment. This is more like PVA player verses assholes.  This is my rant and I don't care who I offend.Your shit is fked up plain and simple.

You gave 3 weeks to land owners but people forced to lawless or the few that want to setup base camp only get 4 days fk off.....We cant go on Holidays? This isn't fair ....yup that's right I'm crying and I got a box of tissue beside me.

Go get land it's PVE, sure why not. I got my land and it was stolen and overlapped and lost everything.......So then I Fkn rented land well guess what happen.....I got kicked cause I didn't farm enough....well WTF.....You call this PVE....It's not . Any time you let a human control  any part of the game like this it isn't PVE so change it.

Wait I got land again well guess what the fk happen this time......because I own 5 % of the island and the group there owned 95% I'm being told to leave as they want all the island so boats are blocked until I leave. This is your definition of PVE.....fk off...

I go out and try to get more land in the freezing cold area so I can have my 3 weeks of god dam peace well guess what I can't because even in the winter area where only 3 to 5 players are online is all flagged and overlapped with stupid spawn boxes everywhere. So when i did try they just spawn in and say good luck. Most of the area wasnt buildable and the small area I found said 30%  so if I rent and build they will take it anyway cause it's not PVE its more like PVA so change your fkn game.

Remove the land grab in PVE , or change it to PVA cause right now people are toxic rude and are mostly assholes. Not all of you btw just most of you. Saw land, checked flag group had 585 flags and was still 4 days with spawn boxes and 30% tax. Fk it.....This is what you call PVE....This isn't even fkn close. If my shit can get  removed by another player just because they feel like an asshole that day or they just like what I've built and want to steal it........THAT MEANS IT'S NOT FKN PVE . Where is the player verse environment in this situation? 

Bring on I'm a cry baby I don't give a shit,, I've explored and lost soooo much due to players in a so called  PVE environment. Lvl 55 can go to lvl 57 so I been around and explored more than most of you. People are toxic plain and simple. Don't ask me to come rent on your land ....I m not your slave..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Finally frustrated.....This is not player verse environment. This is more like PVA player verses assholes.  This is my rant and I don't care who I offend.Your shit is fked up plain and simple.

You gave 3 weeks to land owners but people forced to lawless or the few that want to setup base camp only get 4 days fk off.....We cant go on Holidays? This isn't fair ....yup that's right I'm crying and I got a box of tissue beside me.

Go get land it's PVE, sure why not. I got my land and it was stolen and overlapped and lost everything.......So then I Fkn rented land well guess what happen.....I got kicked cause I didn't farm enough....well WTF.....You call this PVE....It's not . Any time you let a human control  any part of the game like this it isn't PVE so change it.

Wait I got land again well guess what the fk happen this time......because I own 5 % of the island and the group there owned 95% I'm being told to leave as they want all the island so boats are blocked until I leave. This is your definition of PVE.....fk off...

I go out and try to get more land in the freezing cold area so I can have my 3 weeks of god dam peace well guess what I can't because even in the winter area where only 3 to 5 players are online is all flagged and overlapped with stupid spawn boxes everywhere. So when i did try they just spawn in and say good luck. Most of the area wasnt buildable and the small area I found said 30%  so if I rent and build they will take it anyway cause it's not PVE its more like PVA so change your fkn game.

Remove the land grab in PVE , or change it to PVA cause right now people are toxic rude and are mostly assholes. Not all of you btw just most of you. Saw land, checked flag group had 585 flags and was still 4 days with spawn boxes and 30% tax. Fk it.....This is what you call PVE....This isn't even fkn close. If my shit can get  removed by another player just because they feel like an asshole that day or they just like what I've built and want to steal it........THAT MEANS IT'S NOT FKN PVE . Where is the player verse environment in this situation? 

Bring on I'm a cry baby I don't give a shit,, I've explored and lost soooo much due to players in a so called  PVE environment. Lvl 55 can go to lvl 57 so I been around and explored more than most of you. People are toxic plain and simple. Don't ask me to come rent on your land ....I m not your slave..

Lvl 61 and can go to lvl 64.  People are toxic yes, but there is most definitely still land out there to claim and even rent some that isn't even taxed.  This is an MMO PVE game and taxation/land claim is part of that MMO piece.   I can quite literally point you to lawless territory that is untaxed if you want to put up with that part of it.  Otherwise I'd recommend talking to people in the areas that you visit and see what you can do as far as getting land through diplomacy/trade.  As for the land you already have simply tell them no and report them for griefing you.  You don't have to give in to their demands to leave if you don't want to.

If it's makes you feel any better, and I do understand your frustration with this issue,  then to be fair, those without land have lost out due to this system, but those who do have land and banks full of resources have lost more, they have nothing much left to do.

Gaming is about goals and achievements, your own or the process of what you can achieve with your friends. You don't buy a game and ask your little brother to play it for you and then look at the storage box with gold and resources he collected having fun with his friends and think awesome I had a really good time in the game today. The system killed the game for them more than for the landless.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

see what you can do as far as getting land through diplomacy/trade.

Ummm, that may be bad advice. He doesn't appear to be very diplomatic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Ummm, that may be bad advice. He doesn't appear to be very diplomatic.

Trying to motivate him a bit in a positive direction.  You may well be right though a lot of people who come here to complain about land seem to be having the same problem, which is a complete lack of ability to speak to other human beings other than demanding things from them.

I feel that claiming should not be on PVE only PVP. I have stoped playing Atlas till they fix the claiming or remove it from PVE. Me and my brother  have been griefed  and  our claims stolen thx to the overlapping exploit. 

• Like 1

I kissed ass once, they seemed nice. Then I went to explore and they stole my stuff cause I don't farm for a few days and got another tenant in that won't leave the island and farm all day to meet the owners needs...,.The whole point of my rant is.....you can't call this PVE when a player can steal your shit.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FruitBatCat said:

If it's makes you feel any better, and I do understand your frustration with this issue,  then to be fair, those without land have lost out due to this system, but those who do have land and banks full of resources have lost more, they have nothing much left to do.

Maybe I am misreading, but I can't help but feel like this is like saying "but what about the plight of millionaires."

4 minutes ago, Opa Deluca said:

I feel that claiming should not be on PVE only PVP. I have stoped playing Atlas till they fix the claiming or remove it from PVE. Me and my brother  have been griefed  and  our claims stolen thx to the overlapping exploit. 

They won't be removing it and the overlap bullshit should be fixed definitely.

4 minutes ago, Notorious said:

I kissed ass once, they seemed nice. Then I went to explore and they stole my stuff cause I don't farm for a few days and got another tenant in that won't leave the island and farm all day to meet the owners needs...,.The whole point of my rant is.....you can't call this PVE when a player can steal your shit.

No one said kiss ass, we said diplomacy they are not always mutually exclusive but if you are immediately assuming that diplomacy just means kissing ass then you likely went right the other direction and started making demands.  Did you assume that in an MMO game that you wouldn't have to deal with players at all just because you chose PVE?  It's an MMO, you still have to at least talk to people.  Like I said I can happily point you to a tundra area that last I checked had a large amount of land still open(lawless) that you can live on.  If you want claimed you will have to sail for it a bit but it's definitely out there. 

10 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Then I went to explore and they stole my stuff cause I don't farm for a few days and got another tenant in that won't leave the island and farm all day to meet the owners needs.

That's called slavery not being a tenant. Renters in the real world have rights.

4 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

Maybe I am misreading, but I can't help but feel like this is like saying "but what about the plight of millionaires."

Pretty much exactly it.  I'm wondering when we'll see the made for TV special about people in Atlas who have 10 islands being the real victims

I agree with OP that when a player or players can steal your land and possessions it's not PVE. Land claim system with overlappings is atrocious, I just got robbed nearly half of my claim by other company overlapping.
I honestly think that claiming should be changed in to tileable claims instead of round and overlapping. Make a smaller grid on every major grid and one flag can claim one tile. After certain amounts of claims it should start costing to landowner to keep land. Make it something like land taxes paid to king of pirates or whatever.

Just now, Lynx said:

Atlas keeps sinking in the steam charts.

which really sucks. The game premise and game itself are great.

6 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Just having a good idea or premise isn't enough. It's all about the execution. The current game systems in Atlas just aren't fun (for everyone, should be in an mmo) and the trend seems to be going from bad to worse.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Just having a good idea or premise isn't enough. It's all about the execution. The current game systems in Atlas just aren't fun (for everyone, should be in an mmo) and the trend seems to be going from bad to worse.

Yeah.

My recommendation for PVE is to get rid of the claim system, make all areas Lawless.  Then, change the lawless structure decay to scale based on the number of conjoined building pieces.  A single building piece (1 pillar, 1 foundation) only lasts 5 minutes.  As the nu mber of pieces goes up, around 25 or so you get 2-3 days, and at 100+ you approach 2 weeks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

LOL NOPE

looks like you are on drugs, not good

I really liked the land claim (and upkeep) system in Wurm Online. The Devs need to make it exponentially more expensive to expand claim. Land claims should be rectangular and have a buffer zone with no overlap. Lawless should never have existed, it was a bandaid. Inexperienced devs not realizing their promised 40k players per "server" would all have to funnel through the Freeport grids/servers.

1 hour ago, Vaenix said:

They won't be removing it and the overlap bullshit should be fixed definitely.

No one said kiss ass, we said diplomacy they are not always mutually exclusive but if you are immediately assuming that diplomacy just means kissing ass then you likely went right the other direction and started making demands.  Did you assume that in an MMO game that you wouldn't have to deal with players at all just because you chose PVE?  It's an MMO, you still have to at least talk to people.  Like I said I can happily point you to a tundra area that last I checked had a large amount of land still open(lawless) that you can live on.  If you want claimed you will have to sail for it a bit but it's definitely out there. 

I live in lawless, I'm very popular in lawless and even other lawless zones on the map, I have trade deals 8 grids over , Im super nice and happy.  People I trade with on lawless are happy to see me. We sell stuff cheap just for the fun of it. And we have many animals we pretty much give away to people that struggle, Even high lvl elephants with saddles. We always use the term Pay it forward when we give tames away. So dont come at me about talking to others .Your missing the point of what the meaning of PVE means. The base we have in lawless Is huge. The people that live in lawless are super nice compared to the toxic community living outside of lawless.( Most of them)

So again stay on topic......this isn't PVE when a player can steal your shit. And the 4 day timer in Lawless is bullshit. No holidays for us ....seems fair 

Just now, Notorious said:

I live in lawless, I'm very popular in lawless and even other lawless zones on the map, I have trade deals 8 grids over , Im super nice and happy.  People I trade with on lawless are happy to see me. We sell stuff cheap just for the fun of it. And we have many animals we pretty much give away to people that struggle, Even high lvl elephants with saddles. We always use the term Pay it forward when we give tames away. So dont come at me about talking to others .Your missing the point of what the meaning of PVE means. The base we have in lawless Is huge. The people that live in lawless are super nice compared to the toxic community living outside of lawless.( Most of them)

So again stay on topic......this isn't PVE when a player can steal your shit. And the 4 day timer in Lawless is bullshit. No holidays for us ....seems fair 

What I said was on topic.  I'm not missing shit.  Get it through your head MMO means people lots of em.  PVE means Player vs Environment.  This is an MMO PVE Game.  That means that your going to have to deal with people just not in combat and that is exactly how it's setup.  I don't like the griefing parts of it and there definitely needs to be some changes to that side of things.  But to say it's not PVE because you don't get to play single player is childish.

1 minute ago, Vaenix said:

What I said was on topic.  I'm not missing shit.  Get it through your head MMO means people lots of em.  PVE means Player vs Environment.  This is an MMO PVE Game.  That means that your going to have to deal with people just not in combat and that is exactly how it's setup.  I don't like the griefing parts of it and there definitely needs to be some changes to that side of things.  But to say it's not PVE because you don't get to play single player is childish.

So I rent land build a base, Owner gets pissy one day and claims all my hard work, or they overlap my shit and steal it or becomes useless to everyone all caused by human interaction is your definition of PVE? And you think the bad reviews are because it's alpha? Think again.

• Like 2

So I rent land build a base, Owner gets pissy one day and claims all my hard work, or they overlap my shit and steal it or becomes useless to everyone all caused by human interaction is your definition of PVE? And you think the bad reviews are because it's alpha? Think again.

No those are forms of griefing which need to be fixed.  Having player to player interaction in a PVE MMO game is normal.  Having systems in place to prevent that form of griefing also is normal.  They are not there yet because this is an Early Access Alpha state game.

Asking for a system to be completely removed because you have found some flaws that people are abusing is  just asking for gameplay to be removed because you don't want to deal with the system once the bugs are fixed.

3 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

No those are forms of griefing which need to be fixed.  Having player to player interaction in a PVE MMO game is normal.  Having systems in place to prevent that form of griefing also is normal.  They are not there yet because this is an Early Access Alpha state game.

Asking for a system to be completely removed because you have found some flaws that people are abusing is  just asking for gameplay to be removed because you don't want to deal with the system once the bugs are  fixed.

My whole post points out the flaws and clearly shows why it's not PVE, I also have the right to express how I feel about it. You came at me cause you thought I need land..you were wrong, you came at me because you thought I don't talk to others lol boy oh boy are you ever wrong on that one..Now you come at me because I complain the system is wrong and it is....Don't defend a system that says PVE when a player has control over your stuff. It's broke and needs addressed.

• Like 1

My whole post points out the flaws and clearly shows why it's not PVE, I also have the right to express how I feel about it. You came at me cause you thought I need land..you were wrong, you came at me because you thought I don't talk to others lol boy oh boy are you ever wrong on that one..Now you come at me because I complain the system is wrong and it is....Don't defend a system that says PVE when a player has control over your stuff. It's broke and needs addressed.

I'm stating very simple that it is an MMO PVE system, and it is not broken because it has player interaction.  You whined about land so I offered solutions.  You whined about people, so I offered solutions. Are there bugs in the system sure but it's not PvA or PvP or whatever made up acronymn you want to use just because it isn't Single Player.  Every MMO has player interaction and sadly some of that is griefing and yes that needs to be addressed and fixed.  But having player interaction alone(which is what your original post entailed people telling you "Good Luck" and not letting you have their land), does not mean that it is no longer PvE.

I feel your pain,i always had good neighbros but since last week i've been surrounded by chinese. 3 of top 5 companies in eu are around me,its unbelievable.They somehow manage to get peoples claims with upkeep but we are unable to retake what is taken. Crazy shit

• Like 1