Sign in to follow this  
Littlebits

grindyness and other issues

first of all, it is SUPER grindy, so progressing is ultra slow, the newbie zones/towns are much faster but unplayable lag/full

islands full of giraffes and zero trees since giraffes stomp on the saplings when they respawn = no tress or very few that get harvest before they grow up, so getting wood/thatch is near impossible and you need like 1000+ wood alone to make a ship to get the hell outa that place, and limited to level 8...

respawning on different islands because beds not working and can't use flags etc. and you can't just SWIM to the other island you have all your stuff on, so either you deathloop until you might land near the right island again

then when you finally make a raft, park it, build a bed and you think everything is golden, you make a nice box to save all your crap in and you run on to land again just to get a msg that your raft has sunk out of the blue and you lost everything yet again, so you are back to having just your pickaxe again trying to harvest another 1000 wood along with the 30 other people on the island just trying to get the hell outa there and move on to actually progress in the game... the fun is dwindling fast already... the game was promising but super excessively grindy

then comes the food, some islands simply don't have enough water with all the people there, and checking all the "drained green spots" around the island while the lag makes the minigame stupid hard so you might only get 20 water not 60 (no lag = nice and easy to get 60) and meat? yeah but all those giraffes? way too high level vs your lvl 5 + they all like to gang up on ya, so now you are back in the suicide loop until you hit the right spawnspot at the right island again... fish? well... sap? sugarcane? nopes not on all islands, so try to find some wood to make a spear.. now you finally got your tools and you are ready to fish but dying from dehydration since there is no water on the dang island for all the people on it and there are tons of fruits but hardly any vegetables so you have 1.5 of your 4 food sources and bingo ya died yet again...

when you finally do get to have a raft, get food supplies and all and fill stomach with water since there is nowhere to fill the water bag, then you set sail, full speed ahead... until your fish and meat that you cooked nicely on your fire rot away in 5 minuts and your food usage is enormous but that little yellow line... is draining fast... and the blue one too... so you stop the raft, jump into the ocean just to find... well nothing... no fish after several stops... so you die of vitamin D deficiency and you thankfully have a bed, that only works on your raft not on the islands... so you get back there and sail for another 30 minutes, all your food has rotted away and you are starving and thirsting and yay you see land... die one more time... respawn and manage to make landfall... another max lvl 8 island... so you jump on land and begin farming berries just to get big text saying your raft has sunk, you turn around and it is nowhere to be seen, no chest, no bed, nothing to salvage, so all you had is yet again gone and you are on a shit overcrowded island hardly any living wildlife... there are plenty fiber and trees though, but berries and veggies are much harder to find, fair amount of fish too...

after all that you conclude that the game is not really ready for players and has some major flaws making it very "non-fun" with having your progression hard reset constantly, since your corpse? yeah... it doesn't exist so you can't run back and get your stuff and you are fighting with 50 other people over the same too few ressources because the eco systems go totally outa wack by being overrun like that and there are no backup features to prevent it tilting to one extreme instead of being balanced.

• Confused 1

Giraffes spawn is something they need to fix. 

They’re working on the lag.

Rafts randomly sinking need to be fixed.

Beds can only be used on claimed land or rafts/boats. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Early Access Survival MMO...

copy pasta ARK and that has better "survival" than this and you can get ya corpses etc. and respawn near... but ARK isn't islands... when you have islands you can't just swim to then you need a spawn point ON that island if ya die on it... simple as that

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Giraffes spawn is something they need to fix. 

They’re working on the lag.

Rafts randomly sinking need to be fixed.

Beds can only be used on claimed land or rafts/boats. 

aye but you can't claim the islands outside of freeport since they made all those "outlaw" islands non flaggable so you can't put a bed up there and with rafts just poofing you are screwed again

2 minutes ago, Littlebits said:

aye but you can't claim the islands outside of freeport since they made all those "outlaw" islands non flaggable so you can't put a bed up there and with rafts just poofing you are screwed again

Raft sinking randomly and giraffes are the biggest problems beside the lag/server issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

Raft sinking randomly and giraffes are the biggest problems beside the lag/server issues. 

Server issue is pretty big, im only one in company now that cant get into game at all 😞 .... im starting to feel like its me 😞 

agreed they are the biggest issue, but ressource respawn needs to be looked at too, fast...

and a way we can keep our shit safe/respawn near it/corpses so it is not a hard reset on each death

• Like 1

I even tried to make a new pathfinder it says cannot connect but then instantly takes me to a loading screen for 5 minutes just to tell me error again.

WASTE OF $25 IMO and the developers should work thru the holidays to actually give us a stable playable game that we can enjoy instead of just taking their cut and having a grand ol' time with our money.

P.S STOP GIVING US TIMES WHEN YOU CANT KEEP YOUR PROMISE! 

well there definetly needed to be a few things fixed before launch, the "load issues" are harder to predict though, so that I can accept

7 minutes ago, Booqs said:

I even tried to make a new pathfinder it says cannot connect but then instantly takes me to a loading screen for 5 minutes just to tell me error again.

WASTE OF $25 IMO and the developers should work thru the holidays to actually give us a stable playable game that we can enjoy instead of just taking their cut and having a grand ol' time with our money.

P.S STOP GIVING US TIMES WHEN YOU CANT KEEP YOUR PROMISE! 

Mate, you have got to be kidding me. 

YOU payed 25 euros for a game YOU knew was in EARLY ACCESS and YOU knew that there’s no way on earth they could simulate 60K people joining the same servers at once. 

Or didn’t you? 

• Like 1

almost ready to login again and start from scratch again, a few patches has happened, lets see what this day brings of struggles

8 minutes ago, Littlebits said:

almost ready to login again and start from scratch again, a few patches has happened, lets see what this day brings of struggles

If you really can't stand early access games i would wait for at least 1 month from now.

I expect that they will have ironed out most of the major bugs.

Edited by warhealer

oh I don't mind early access, but when the basics are so far outa whack it's not good, the game itself and the idea about it is brilliant, it's fun but then you get stuck at lvl 8... can't progress and when you finally do get off the island then the next 300 islands around you is capped lvl 8 too that's stoopid and further out everything else is claimed

9 minutes ago, Littlebits said:

oh I don't mind early access, but when the basics are so far outa whack it's not good, the game itself and the idea about it is brilliant, it's fun but then you get stuck at lvl 8... can't progress and when you finally do get off the island then the next 300 islands around you is capped lvl 8 too that's stoopid and further out everything else is claimed

Yes but can’t do anything about other players playing the game too. 40K people and 700 islands to catch so everyone knew it was a race. It is a shame that the race has been done unfairly because of the crashes etc. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Early Access Survival MMO...

Reskinned old NON MMO................................that they somehow have made worse