Raven Knight

PvE Greif Ships Workaround?

I may have an idea for the abandoned boat griefing on PvE: if a boat has been abandoned (i.e. not used or even boarded) for at least a week, why not allow us to "declare war" on that particular boat and allow us to board it instead of ice skate? This way, if there's no one taking care of the boat/crew/tames for over a week, we can dispose of those boats, and maybe claim (and feed) the tames and crew. We can also move or scuttle the boat so it's no longer a problem. With regards to timers, I would say if it's in a non-claimed area then give it a couple of weeks, if it's in a claim the is not the ship owner's, reduce that timer to a few days.

3 weeks is still a long time to wait when you want to build something and it's in your way. I would have said a week was long enough but 3? I guess we should be lucky for now they are doing it at all but I think it's way to long.

10 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

They are already going to be implementing a 3 week window for abandoned ships to disappear. Hopefully coming this week.

They already tried that this past weekend and quite a few people lost ships that they were on shortly before the patch. This caused a rollback on both PvE grid servers. The suggestion I made allows the person being griefed to remove it, and possibly any resources. I know one of my crew lost a ship when she joined up (no one really knew to merge at that time) and I'm fairly certain she would like her resources and ship back.

6 hours ago, Raven Knight said:

They already tried that this past weekend and quite a few people lost ships that they were on shortly before the patch. This caused a rollback on both PvE grid servers. The suggestion I made allows the person being griefed to remove it, and possibly any resources. I know one of my crew lost a ship when she joined up (no one really knew to merge at that time) and I'm fairly certain she would like her resources and ship back.

Yes I know all about the attempted patch and the PvE rollback, but they are working to rollout the patch again, so it's still coming.

As for your idea, a week is not long enough, they are intending on it being 3 weeks. You can't declare war on a raft/ship lol, you'd have to declare war on the company, which isn't possible. It worked fine before when you could claim and demolish, but since they took that away they are hardly going to allow people to declare war on a raft/ship and then demolish it.

Ok, how would you solve it then? Keep in mind, part of my idea was to allow players that had lost their ships and gear when entering/changing companies to be able to reclaim it.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:35 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

They are already going to be implementing a 3 week window for abandoned ships to disappear. Hopefully coming this week.

I appreciate this, but I have one company who sailed 3 rafts into my harbor which is only 1 claim, as it is just me and my wife. They are taking up a lot of space we could really use. They have no intention of moving them as they have been there since the beginning of January. I do not believe they are going to disappear because the company set up shop on the other side of my inlet. They are still active but refuse to answer any of my pleas for them to move them (there is a definite language barrier/ play time difference). As i understand it, due to the fact they still log on and play in the same server, these will not ever go away.

Timer could be based on ship class.

Raft = 48 hours (yes, that fast.  If you have to take a break playing, you can get back your 1 hour of stuff from scratch)

Galleon = 3 Weeks

I have 2 rafts next to my docks that appeared one night and have been there for almost a month now. Just up the coastline there are another four rafts, and then there are numerous sloop and schooners just parked by companies that rarely log in (Lawless server anf their stuff has already decayed over a week ago).