Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jeff

------------------------

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Закрой свой рот. 

Это звучит подозрительно, как разумный подход к игре EA, у которой есть свои хорошие очки, и это WTF, если они думают.

This is a reasonable approach, but if all will do so, who will play and test, as well as how the game will be attractive to new players given the reduction online?

1 minute ago, KNZVgame said:

This is a reasonable approach, but if all will do so, who will play and test, as well as how the game will be attractive to new players given the reduction online?

There's always some folks that enjoy a game's core mechanics enough to shrug off bugs, glitches and game balance problems. Not naming any names *cough* Percieval *cough* but I think there's enough of those types around to get through the required testing.  Also some folks genuinely get a kick out of bug hunting and providing in depth development feedback for it's own sake. I'm pretty confident Atlas will muster enough of these folks to get through. The real question is whether the product on the other side will be good enough to bring folks back. If it isn't, the rest doesn't mean much.

10 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Всегда есть люди, которым достаточно основной игровой механики, чтобы избавиться от ошибок, сбоев и проблем с игровым балансом. Не называя никаких имен * кашель * Percieval * кашель *, но я думаю, что таких типов достаточно, чтобы пройти необходимое тестирование. Кроме того, некоторые люди искренне получают удовольствие от поиска ошибок и обеспечивают глубокую обратную связь развития для себя. Я довольно уверен, что Атлас соберет достаточно этих людей, чтобы пройти. Реальный вопрос заключается в том, будет ли продукт на другой стороне достаточно хорошим, чтобы вернуть людей. Если это не так, остальное не значит много.

Few games have managed to rise after a big fall online, usually just quietly died and were forgotten by all but fans

Just now, KNZVgame said:

Few games have managed to rise after a big fall online, usually just quietly died and were forgotten by all but fans

This is true, history and the odds are not in their favor. But tbh, after seeing what NMS has done, I'm not willing to write anything off til the fat lady sings.

That is because they made the game for themselves and took us along for the ride.

They have no interest in changing it for the community, its how they want it to be.

Watch the Twitch stream of them blabbing on, it's all about "them" and not "us" the community. It's unfortunate the game is in the wrong hands but nothing we can do about that. 

1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

nothing we can do about that.

Stop playing and contributing to population. Bad reviews. Seems to be the trend.

5 hours ago, KNZVgame said:

That's the path we're on here. The problem with Atlas runs too deep - it's a dev team that does not give a shit about quality. You can see it in the atrocious collision physics, you can see it in the patch notes that ignore the worst bugs week after week, you can see it in the aloof and disengaged community managers... you can see it in the spelling and grammar errors in the discovery point names.

I hope the guys in here know that ATLAS is actually a full 1:1 copy of ARK from 2yrs ago? I mean, yeah the Server Mechanics work slightly different and we have some reskins, but everything else?

They just used an older branch so they know how to fix certain bugs, but also to prolong the actual fixing process to have longer time for "the early access excuse". Or why do you think ARK players are asking all day long why the EXACT bugs that been already fixed in ARK are back here?
Oh and this was formerly planned as DLC for ARK, but when they saw how many people already have a Season-Pass, they decided to make it standalone to be able to grab more money.

I dont blame Wildcard directly, i think they lost power over what was formerly their product to their parent company Snail Games a long time ago.
And Snail Games has only ONE goal: making money, no matter what it takes.

This game will be dead in late Summer, but i guess they will just push out another game to hype and abandon by then.

Just look at the history of Dark&Light, ATLAS was just walking the same dirty road like DnL right from the beginning.
I'm pretty happy that someone gifted me ATLAS, playing it just strengthened my decision to never ever again give any company connected to Snail Games even a single penny.

Oh and if you dont trust into my words (why would you? im a nobody) just compare the numbers carefully:

History of DnL: https://steamcharts.com/app/529180
History of Atlas (so far): https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

Even tho a drop in players after release is acceptable and well known for hyped games, a drop of 10k in peak and almost 20k in avrg after the FIRST TWO months clearly shows what players, streamers and the industry thinks about the game: "its a trash game, nice try, cya, bb, hf, gg, wp"

And if you still dont believe me, there we go:

History of ARK: https://steamcharts.com/app/346110
You can clearly see: ARK kept its avrg player count for 3 Months after release at a stable value of arround 45000 Players, and even with the 10K Drop in the 4th month it had more players than ATLAS has today in the 3rd month, and guess what? IT KEPT THOSE PLAYER COUNTS UNTIL TODAY!
From its start back in June 2015 until TODAY! Always having arround 40k Players (except 1 single deep dive into the 20kish).

The harder the first 2 months drops are, the more likely the game will die in the first 12 months of release...

If you STILL don't believe me, just look up some bad/failed but hyped games in press and look at their steam charts data and you'll beginn to see a pattern.

Afterall, if you still are in the opinion that this game has any future... well... go on and have fun as long as it lasts (and grow a brain maybe).

TL/DR:

Game is already doomed to die quickly, disappointed players will NOT forgive and NOT forget.

Edited by DNAofDeath