Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jeff

------------------------

LOL -- ok I'll take the bait.

this game is completely wrong

Wrong in what way?  Saying something is wrong with no context is...  a bit to ambiguous for me.

it is like they tried to make and sell this game as quickly as possible all the mistakes they made clearly shows that

Such as what?   Ofc the game has it's mistakes and bad mechanics, and some things are just mind mindbogglingly daft, but over all, but I can see the potential!  Going cliche, it is EARLY ACCESS, which means we're just glorified game and design testers for the players that sign up at release...  It's our job to find the flaws!   But in all fairness, it has to be a two way thing... right now it feels like feedback is just fart in a cat 5 tornado.  So many game breaking exploits and mad mechanics do taint experience.. but all will be flat ironed sooner or later...

2 hours ago, Vorxius said:

LOL -- ok I'll take the bait.

this game is completely wrong

Wrong in what way?  Saying something is wrong with no context is...  a bit to ambiguous for me.

it is like they tried to make and sell this game as quickly as possible all the mistakes they made clearly shows that

Such as what?   Ofc the game has it's mistakes and bad mechanics, and some things are just mind mindbogglingly daft, but over all, but I can see the potential!  Going cliche, it is EARLY ACCESS, which means we're just glorified game and design testers for the players that sign up at release...  It's our job to find the flaws!   But in all fairness, it has to be a two way thing... right now it feels like feedback is just fart in a cat 5 tornado.  So many game breaking exploits and mad mechanics do taint experience.. but all will be flat ironed sooner or later...

Ark wasn't nearly this unbalanced and broken on EA launch. As it stands now it's a raging a dumpster fire that's all ready got itself a bad reputation, and will be DOA upon completion.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.Binks said:

Ark wasn't nearly this unbalanced and broken on EA launch. As it stands now it's a raging a dumpster fire that's all ready got itself a bad reputation, and will be DOA upon completion.

This isn't Ark.....if they were making a game exactly like Ark, i would agree, but they're not......

It's like they took Ark and then made every game system worse, but added pirates.

Atlas same UI but worse color scheme.

Ark has pillaring for land hoarding, Atlas has unbalanced land claim and slavery in the form of taxes.

The boss, we all know where that's copy and pasted from.

31 minutes ago, Lynx said:

It's like they took Ark and then made every game system worse, but added pirates.

Atlas same UI but worse color scheme.

Ark has pillaring for land hoarding, Atlas has unbalanced land claim and slavery in the form of taxes.

The boss, we all know where that's copy and pasted from.

I'd go look up what slavery is before you go throwing that around and disrespecting people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery

It's not the best system but to try to liken it to slavery is at best hyperbole.

wiki isn't a source for all high school reports and after for actual school grades.  so quoting wiki here is a pointless endeavor only you would care to partake in. 

17 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

I'd go look up what slavery is before you go throwing that around and disrespecting people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery

It's not the best system but to try to liken it to slavery is at best hyperbole.

The overseers set taxation rates and have 100% control to kick less than productive tenants out. Tenants have 0 rights. Not that far away from slavery.

Just now, Lynx said:

The overseers set taxation rates and have 100% control to kick less than productive tenants out. Tenants have 0 rights. Not that far away from slavery.

I see you didn't bother to look at what slavery is.  Since you can't be bothered to click a link I'll post it here for you.

"Slavery is any system in which principles of property law are applied to people, allowing individuals to own, buy and sell other individuals, as a de jure form of property.[1] A slave is unable to withdraw unilaterally from such an arrangement and works without remuneration. Many scholars now use the term chattel slavery to refer to this specific sense of legalised, de jure slavery. In a broader sense, however, the word slavery may also refer to any situation in which an individual is de facto forced to work against their own will. Scholars also use the more generic terms such as unfree labour or forced labour to refer to such situations.[2] However, and especially under slavery in broader senses of the word, slaves may have some rights and protections according to laws or customs."

You are not bought and sold nor forced to work against your own will.

13 minutes ago, ptonfm said:

wiki isn't a source for all high school reports and after for actual school grades.  so quoting wiki here is a pointless endeavor only you would care to partake in. 

Definition is the same everywhere, fuck off.

Well the people with no land have no rights and are at the mercy of the land owner. Slaves, peasants, serfs, proletariat, whatever you want to call them. The important thing is NO RIGHTS. 

So a good idea for a game system, but terrible in practice and implementation. There needs to be more robust systems in place to protect everyone, give everyone rights.

6 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Well the people with no land have no rights and are at the mercy of the land owner. Slaves, peasants, serfs, proletariat, whatever you want to call them. The important thing is NO RIGHTS. 

So a good idea for a game system, but terrible in practice and implementation. There needs to be more robust systems in place to protect everyone, give everyone rights.

Now we have found something we can agree on, there needs to be a robust system in place to make this better yes.  It's the entire reason I haven't touched the neutral system just yet way too much gray area.

9 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Now we have found something we can agree on, there needs to be a robust system in place to make this better yes.  It's the entire reason I haven't touched the neutral system just yet way too much gray area.

Arguing with people over semantics is never going to go anywhere.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain Jeff said:

this game is completely wrong it is like they tried to make and sell this game as quickly as possible all the mistakes they made clearly shows that

Shawn, is this another one of your accounts?  

6 hours ago, Captain Jeff said:

this game is completely wrong it is like they tried to make and sell this game as quickly as possible all the mistakes they made clearly shows that

so you must be new to videogames?
an 'alpha' is a game that's still under production, and is not a finished title. you could have paid more attention before you bought the game. just saying.

Just now, Rand McNally said:

so you must be new to videogames?
an 'alpha' is a game that's still under production, and is not a finished title. you could have paid more attention before you bought the game. just saying.

It's not day 0 anymore. Lots of patches, but no fixes for the broken non-PvE game systems. The Devs are just making it worse, as evident by the falling population.

PvE broken

PvE broken.

And predictably the exact same issues with Ark. Land hoarding and duping/cheating.

• Like 1

Games spend years in alpha.  They tossed together a basic framework and released it as EA.  I am flabbergasted by the amount of people who do not know how this works.

Also another thing to consider.  This is a MMO.  A very large open world where small changes can have huge effects downstream.  Its going to take a lot of time to iron all these things out and if they try fixing it all early on then new feature adds down the road will break them again causing them to double up on work.  They need to walk that line to keep people around for testing and better reviews without wasting a shitload of time on fixing things that will be broke 2 months from now due to new feature adds. 

I think GS would do themselves a favor by being more transparent on what they do, how they do it and why.  People toss out hundreds of issues and quit the game because its not fixed after a month or two.  Maybe all the coders I know are horrible and don't deserve their 6 figure salaries, but these issues take time to resolve. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain Jeff said:

The game is not even complete you tard, early access means Beta test 

18 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

This is a MMO. 

This label really means nothing. Ark was dev tagged as a MMO.

2 hours ago, Lynx said:

It's not day 0 anymore. Lots of patches, but no fixes for the broken non-PvE game systems. The Devs are just making it worse, as evident by the falling population.

PvE broken

PvE broken.

And predictably the exact same issues with Ark. Land hoarding and duping/cheating.

What difference does which day of a two year alpha we're on?
If you played ark, why are you surprised?

You should expect lots of changes, and you should expect to not understand them, because you don't have any idea what the long term plans for this game are. 

7 minutes ago, Rand McNally said:

What difference does which day of a two year alpha we're on?
If you played ark, why are you surprised?

You should expect lots of changes, and you should expect to not understand them, because you don't have any idea what the long term plans for this game are you're not interested in understanding, you're interested in whinging. 

Fixed.

2 hours ago, Lynx said:

PvE broken

PvE broken.

Yeah, it is not day 0.  It's day 30 or so of a 2 year dev. cycle.  Some significant changes have happened already.  The things that are pretty broken are huge, and will need a lot of time and testing.  I agree that the griefers are not being dealt as quickly as I believe they should be. I may get fed up soon, but for now, I am enjoying the hell out of the game.  I have over 160 hours in, and have definitely got my money worth.  If I get fed up, I'll be able to come back in a year or so to take another look.  If I don't like it then, I can check again at release.  If I don't like it then - well, no big deal, I have already had my fun with it! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, corpse said:

Yeah, it is not day 0.  It's day 30 or so of a 2 year dev. cycle.  Some significant changes have happened already.  The things that are pretty broken are huge, and will need a lot of time and testing.  I agree that the griefers are not being dealt as quickly as I believe they should be. I may get fed up soon, but for now, I am enjoying the hell out of the game.  I have over 160 hours in, and have definitely got my money worth.  If I get fed up, I'll be able to come back in a year or so to take another look.  If I don't like it then, I can check again at release.  If I don't like it then - well, no big deal, I have already had my fun with it! 

Shut your mouth. 

This sounds suspiciously like a reasonable approach to an EA game that has it's good points and it's WTF were they thinking points.

• Like 2