Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jeff

-------------------

You can capture their island-capture and don't pay tax, let others pay tax to you.

You can not capture the island-pay tax for the fact that you have the opportunity to extract resources on their territory.

This game kills not taxation, but the fundamental problems of game design.

1 minute ago, Captain Jeff said:

this game is so wrong i want refund

Then go request a refund, hopefully you have a valid case to obtain it.

Just now, Mephos said:

how is 30% tax actually diminishing your game? 

Because he isn't the one getting the 30%. 

• Thanks 1

"Go around the map to get to a 2k treasure map > end up on an island that has 30% taxation > have 3 members in the party digging the map > all 3 are taxed ~700 gold > owner gets 2100 gold just for being in the area"

Yes.. I wonder how it diminishes the game.. 

Right now we have people claiming land regardless if they need it or not, just to set 30% and wait for others to farm with NOTHING to justify the income. They pay no upkeep for the massive flag spam on the map. This is the problem, 30% tax encourages flag spamming and griefing. (we had our neighbour sink our ships <galleon, brig and schooner> in an attempt to make us to quit the game so they can get more land).

If you do not see the problem with taxation, then you must have enjoyed the pillar spam in ARK. There is an issue with taxation, the huge number of posts show this. Lets not hide behind the "if you don't like it just leave" and let's actually help improve the game so it's enjoyable by everyone.

Edited by uaf

Paying taxes to a larger group has been advantageous to my small group. We get the benefits of protection without the drama of being in a larger clan. The large clan has a vested interest in keeping us happy as we fill their bank every day. When we need a bunch of mats and the taxes would be to much of a burden we simply do a farming run in the surrounding freeport and lawless zones. 

3 minutes ago, uaf said:

If you do not see the problem with taxation, then you must have enjoyed the pillar spam in ARK. 

I don't and I never played ARK.  If you want to bitch about how bad it is, it'll be bad. If you want to actually put in the effort, you can collect taxes too.

4 minutes ago, uaf said:

"Go around the map to get to a 2k treasure map > end up on an island that has 30% taxation > have 3 members in the party digging the map > all 3 are taxed ~700 gold > owner gets 2100 gold just for being in the area"

Yes.. I wonder how it diminishes the game.. 

Right now we have people claiming land regardless if they need it or not, just to set 30% and wait for others to farm with NOTHING to justify the income. They pay no upkeep for the massive flag spam on the map. This is the problem, 30% tax encourages flag spamming and griefing. (we had our neighbour sink our ships <galleon, brig and schooner> in an attempt to make us to quit the game so they can get more land).

If you do not see the problem with taxation, then you must have enjoyed the pillar spam in ARK. There is an issue with taxation, the huge number of posts show this. Lets not hide behind the "if you don't like it just leave" and let's actually help improve the game so it's enjoyable by everyone.

Pillar Spam does not equal Land Claims / Taxation.  Lawless has pillar spam and if left on it's own they would be barren islands.  Land claims prevent building in some areas protecting resources(while you may not agree with it, that is in fact a use).  Taxation is just not built out enough in all honesty. 

Claiming something is a problem killing the game every single week doesn't actually make it a problem

whatever when the devs run out of money servers are gonna shut down anyways

Like I said claiming something is killing the game is just this weeks overdramatic post.  You are no exception no matter how much you spam the forums. Does the tax system need to be better built out yes.  Is the existence of the tax system killing the game no.

whatever when the devs run out of money servers are gonna shut down anyways

Aesop's sour grapes.

2 minutes ago, Captain Jeff said:

this game is nowhere ark why do you even compare???

they are not the developers of ark they just happen to own the core game angine somehow

Ummm, because the co-founders of Wildcard, which made Ark, were also the co-founders of Grapeshot, which made Atlas?

3 minutes ago, Captain Jeff said:

this game is nowhere ark why do you even compare???

they are not the developers of ark they just happen to own the core game angine somehow

I'm gonna guess you completely missed the memo or really haven't looked into anything at all about this game.  The creators of this game are a side company of WildCard(creators of Ark).  The base engine seems to be an older version of the current Ark engine.  Either way servers and game aren't gonna shut down because your unhappy with some things that they put in place.  Not all games are for all people.   Add in the fact that this is an EA game and things are gonna change constantly for the next 2 years, if you wanted a full release game complete that doesn't change you are in for a bad time.

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I don't and I never played ARK.  If you want to bitch about how bad it is, it'll be bad. If you want to actually put in the effort, you can collect taxes too.

Ignore the past, it will never happen again - said nobody ever. That's the exact mentality that led to everybody doing 30% taxation. I wonder if you had the option to go to 99% how many would do that with your mentality.

3 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Pillar Spam does not equal Land Claims / Taxation.  Lawless has pillar spam and if left on it's own they would be barren islands.  Land claims prevent building in some areas protecting resources(while you may not agree with it, that is in fact a use).  Taxation is just not built out enough in all honesty. 

Claiming something is a problem killing the game every single week doesn't actually make it a problem

Spamming pillars in ARK was protecting resources as well (remember the pillars around all the iron nodes? or huge areas around bases to keep resource spawns). Pillars also prevented people from building, just like claims are. The only difference is that you also get 30% from your "pillared" area, getting the incentive to pillar more than you need just to never need to farm again and still be able to build a galleon a day 🙂 .