Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Breed issues?

So was breeding some high level bears... made it through to where they were eating out of the feeding trough, and shortly after I went to bed I wake up to find out they died of starvation... mind you they had been eating from the trough for hours and the troughs are all still full. 

What am I missing?

9 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

So was breeding some high level bears... made it through to where they were eating out of the feeding trough, and shortly after I went to bed I wake up to find out they died of starvation... mind you they had been eating from the trough for hours and the troughs are all still full. 

What am I missing?

You aren't missing anything.  This was an early issue with breeding in Ark regarding tames and stasis.  Basically the issue is that upon leaving stasis the server will try to calculate all of the changes that should have occurred during the stasis, since creatures at the lower stages of maturation go up and down like crazy on their HP/Food stats stasis tends to kill them.  

6 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

You aren't missing anything.  This was an early issue with breeding in Ark regarding tames and stasis.  Basically the issue is that upon leaving stasis the server will try to calculate all of the changes that should have occurred during the stasis, since creatures at the lower stages of maturation go up and down like crazy on their HP/Food stats stasis tends to kill them.  

so you saying the server went down?

7 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

so you saying the server went down?

No, stasis is what occurs when no one is around or within render range.  It's basically a server performance thing everything gets set to freeze until the area needs to be rendered again.

Thanks did not know that, we kept them alive for a solid 15 hours too....

Edited by Bolognapwny

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Thanks did not know that, we kept them alive for a solid 15 hours too....

Yeah until they solve it(again), you basically have to stay there until they are 100% fully matured.  Personally I'm giving the thing a pass for now until I have a super long weekend and some people to help with the one project, or they get things fixed a bit better.