José Gaspar

Claims and Taxes in PvE need work.

PVP is player vs. player for nothing implies not having to pay taxes for collecting materials in a property that is not yours and more when there are a lot of servers in which you can pick them up for free
I do not know if you are 12 years old or think like a 12 year old child, the bad part of answering in forums that you do not know the age of the opponent
referring to his allusion of "think before saying shit" I have 8 claims if you have none I'm happy, if you do not get any claim I do not care at all, if you want to come to collect or find treasures in my claims is with rates 30% I will gladly accept 1/3 of the loss of your time, you can continue crying that I will be laughing

4 minutes ago, duque said:

PVP is player vs. player for nothing implies not having to pay taxes for collecting materials in a property that is not yours and more when there are a lot of servers in which you can pick them up for free
I do not know if you are 12 years old or think like a 12 year old child, the bad part of answering in forums that you do not know the age of the opponent
referring to his allusion of "think before saying shit" I have 8 claims if you have none I'm happy, if you do not get any claim I do not care at all, if you want to come to collect or find treasures in my claims is with rates 30% I will gladly accept 1/3 of the loss of your time, you can continue crying that I will be laughing

dude read before posting ... PVE WE TALK ABOUT PVE NOT PVP 

you cant even read the first post and i m the child OK 

or you re just dumb? pve forum pve debate and you come here and speak about pvp OK

Edited by haseo
  • Like 1

¿Cuántos clanes hay en la lista de personas que reclutan y ponen para recolectar a sus miembros y en unas pocas semanas los patean y se quedan con todo? Si construyes en mi propiedad cuando no pagas el alquiler, lo borro todo o si eres un mal vecino, lo borro todo, pero sabes qué patrocinar cuando construyes una propiedad que no es tuya.

Lo haré de nuevo. Pvp solo involucra el combate entre jugadores y solo eso,  pve en combates contra el medio ambiente y, aparte del pvp, puedes intercambiar con alquileres, animales materiales y todo lo que se puede intercambiar dentro del juego, quién es el inteligente. ¿Uno que dice que no puede poner tarifas en pve para una propiedad que es suya? como si quisiera poner 100 puertas grandes y cerrar mi propiedad ya sea en pvp o pve, o me dirá ahora cómo debo construir?

Edited by duque

The PvE claim system for sure needs work. Right now, you dont even have to walk on the claim. just log in to the grid to refresh a 20day timer. 

Simply making you walk on the grid, or even place 1 gold in the flag, having to do that would free up many claims.

The timer, should be MUCH more aggressive.

1-claim = 20 day timer

2 claims = 10 day timer

3 claims = 5 day timer

4 claims = 2.5 day timer

all the way down to 2 hrs for 40 claims.

And please, stop making "Land Ownership" the metric for who is the "best" company. it is making the problem worse, as no one is willing to give up land, even if there is no resources/water on it... they just hoard to get on the "Best company map"..... Maybe a score based on actually PvE, like powerstones/exp levels/krakens killed, something that is actually hard

• Like 1

At least you dont have the issue of negative number of land claims... I have 5 land claims but a 4 day timer since it shows -2 claims.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:17 AM, duque said:

¿Cuántos clanes hay en la lista de personas que reclutan y ponen para recolectar a sus miembros y en unas pocas semanas los patean y se quedan con todo? Si construyes en mi propiedad cuando no pagas el alquiler, lo borro todo o si eres un mal vecino, lo borro todo, pero sabes qué patrocinar cuando construyes una propiedad que no es tuya.

Lo haré de nuevo. Pvp solo involucra el combate entre jugadores y solo eso,  pve en combates contra el medio ambiente y, aparte del pvp, puedes intercambiar con alquileres, animales materiales y todo lo que se puede intercambiar dentro del juego, quién es el inteligente. ¿Uno que dice que no puede poner tarifas en pve para una propiedad que es suya? como si quisiera poner 100 puertas grandes y cerrar mi propiedad ya sea en pvp o pve, o me dirá ahora cómo debo construir?

Why are you suddenly posting in spanish when everybody else is posting in english? this is the PVE section, go with your PVP arguments elsewhere.

We don't expect everything to be handed out to us just because we play PVE, but we don't like the fact that greedy players spam flags with no repercussion, just so they can sit tight and get free resources from the players that are forced to harvest in those areas.

And the whole "top companies" being selected by how many claims they spammed is beyond stupid, it indeed is making things worse.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:11 PM, TheSeer said:

P.S I think flags are still broken because they all say 20 days in the white text when trying to put a claim flag down but some of the PVE activations on the flags are different but I haven't been able to test it because the lowest I found was 6 days.

The system seems to be working, the reason you see the 20 day timers is because those people are active, my timer always says 20 days because I play every day. My neighbor however doesn’t and his timer is counting down, I hope he comes back but I keep checking it daily and patiently waiting to see if I can claim it if he doesn’t. 20 days was a bit much in my opinion even for solo/ small companies, I would have been happy with a two week timer. I’m not complaining at all because I know how real life is at times, vacations, funerals, moving or just a natural disaster that happens to take your internet away.

No one who is active in the pve side of the game wants to log in after something has happened and see someone else own everything they’ve built.  I understand the struggle for a new player as I started the game on Jan 2nd and fought for land myself. I can only imagine what it is like for someone starting out this late in the game and I’m sorry about that, there are people who are willing to help others out and are glad to do so, once the game advances a little more and we develop some way to sell land that has been acquired will make a big difference, a person may still have to live in a lawless or public building rights area until they can afford to purchase the land but it will be worth it if your going to be committed to the game. I’m not for renting land or forcing someone to join a company in order to have a place to build.

6 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

The system seems to be working, the reason you see the 20 day timers is because those people are active, my timer always says 20 days because I play every day. My neighbor however doesn’t and his timer is counting down, I hope he comes back but I keep checking it daily and patiently waiting to see if I can claim it if he doesn’t. 20 days was a bit much in my opinion even for solo/ small companies, I would have been happy with a two week timer. I’m not complaining at all because I know how real life is at times, vacations, funerals, moving or just a natural disaster that happens to take your internet away.

No one who is active in the pve side of the game wants to log in after something has happened and see someone else own everything they’ve built.  I understand the struggle for a new player as I started the game on Jan 2nd and fought for land myself. I can only imagine what it is like for someone starting out this late in the game and I’m sorry about that, there are people who are willing to help others out and are glad to do so, once the game advances a little more and we develop some way to sell land that has been acquired will make a big difference, a person may still have to live in a lawless or public building rights area until they can afford to purchase the land but it will be worth it if your going to be committed to the game. I’m not for renting land or forcing someone to join a company in order to have a place to build.

no dont work like it was supposed to, 1 flag 20 day, 200 flag 20day, was supposed to have less day the more flag you have but its not

I’ve seen flags with timers for 6 days, and my neighbor has around 16 days or something but hasn’t been online since the new system started. I don’t know what the flag vs company size is but I have seen the difference in timers. 

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

I’ve seen flags with timers for 6 days, and my neighbor has around 16 days or something but hasn’t been online since the new system started. I don’t know what the flag vs company size is but I have seen the difference in timers. 

3 hours ago, haseo said:

no dont work like it was supposed to, 1 flag 20 day, 200 flag 20day, was supposed to have less day the more flag you have but its not

There is currently a problem with a discrepancy between what the time that shows when you try to place a flag, and when you actually look at the enemy flag. If you're just running around with a flag out, it always says 20 days 15hrs at the top of the screen. If you actually look at their flag, it says the correct time, ie: the company near me with 115 claims is showing 4 days.  I'm not sure if when the flag timer gets down to 0, it will actually allow flag placement, because I haven't had any flags near me get down to claimable, but I assume it will.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:39 AM, redfisher said:

its funny all these posts about land. I go out everyday and find land. takes time but i find land. I write down times on other land and check it every other day. Getting land takes time. stop expecting stuff just to be handed to you cause you play pve. Put some work in like the rest of us have. hell you can even come talk to some of us and maybe rent some land to get a footing started. everyone who has rented land from us have either become an allies or merged in cause they like our play style. 

I do that. As a solo player you really don't have much hope of finding land to claim. As a big company with many people to look at flags it's very easy to find land to claim. More eyes more opportunity to find it. The fact that as one of the top 10 companies you are STILL looking for more land, is idiotic. The focus on the pve gameplay needs to be changed away from land conquest. The new player experience is absolute shit. It's either join a company that has land, rent from a company that has land, build on land someone let's you build on (where they retain complete control and can lock you out of doing anything with your stuff if you upset them), or fight foundation spam in lawless. The realistic chance of a new player finding land is next to zero. I know, I did the searching. I did the waiting. What did I end up with after the waiting? Bugged timers...negative land claim counts...no idea when the claim will expire. Companies with "1 land claim" yet they own an entire island due to sea claims. Look at my bug report in the bug reports forum if you want to see all the issues I have found.

I have no interest in joining some huge corporation, hell I don't want to have anything more than my solo corp. I just want to find some land and have fun building my buildings and ships. This game offers very little chance of that without someone else lording over you and taking shit from you just because they found the land first. Land claims need to be limited. The tax system is fine...the land claim system is not....not by a long shot.

The tax system, as implemented, is fine...it's just that people can claim so much land they don't use that the tax system is being misused by pretty much everyone using it. Taxing land you actively use, is fine, because people harvesting takes away from the resources you are actively harvesting. Taxing land you do not use is the problem and should be done away with...but that comes down to revamping the claim system.

Edited by ThunderGod97
  • Like 2

100% this needs to be changed. I've been playing since just before Christmas on EU PVE and I can't find land to claim. I have a small space on lawless, but when I go off for a few days, I'll lose everything.

I think they should severely limit the claims that a person can make. I think also, people should only be able to claim land in one square.

Limited claims per account will help but not solve anything, large companies will simply divide up the land based on each member theyhave, solo players will simply buy more accounts to retain the land they have. There is no simple solution to this issue, some players have built empires on islands that requires multiple flags to ensure ownership of their buildings, the way the overlapping claim system is makes it really rough to build if you don’t own multiple claims, some people have claims in more then one grid for trading purposes, and others have claims in different areas for spawn points, they leave ships at these locations for when they need resources at their main bases. 

I’ve seen quite a few who have trade routes and taming pens setup so they have easy access to them. 

I don’t know a simple solution to land claims, the new system is what a lot of us asked for because we didn’t want to lose what we had due to a real life event going on 2 weeks would have been fine with most of us, if you can’t log in for a two week period then chances are your not coming back to the game. I watch the timers just like others do waiting to see if someone else has quit the game for a chance at more land to build on. I have offered up claims to help people out and as I’m able to obtain more I will continue to do so. 

I would really like to mention something that would make those suffering to find land have something to look forward to but currently I can’t think of anything. I can suggest building something small so you can continue to enjoy the game on a public building area and keep searching and watching timers and hope that a patch is released that forces larger companies to prioritize their land and unclaim the rest, a server wipe will cause more problems than it will fix because everyone who has established a base, ships and friends will not be happy starting over and struggling as you are now. I mean think about how rough it is for you, just imagine now that large companies have had a chance to build up manpower how they could decimate if a server wipe was to happen while most of us were offline and unprepared.  

I played this game for about two months with a friend, we have a base in a lawless zone, we can't get claims for as, everything is missed, just cursed taxes everywhere, even travel is disgusting!