José Gaspar

Claims and Taxes in PvE need work.

I was in the Polar region, Literally the only one on the server.   I come to a a fairly large island.    the only human structures I saw were claim flags which covered the island, a couple banks and with taxes set 30%.   The claims were protected for 20 days before they could be challenged.  Disgusted I left my ship anchored of my ship and bed returned to base.   I have been up there  a couple times never more than 3 player on the server (there are 4 islands) and The other main island is just is claimed it does have a couple minor structures but still  30% rate most of the places.

Now even the most remote regions of the game are blocked from new players building, or even harvesting material with out a handicap.   A couple players can render a region near unplayable with no more effort than visiting once a week.

In PvE claims should require upkeep and the higher the taxes the higher the upkeep.  Discourage people from claiming land and doing nothing with it.    I am going to head over to the one lawless polar server so I can collect resources without taxes.  I have not been to the other 29 polar regions but I doubt they are much different.   Tundras are almost completely claimed,   the rest of the biomes have been claimed for a while.    We only have land because it was gifted/traded from other players, without even other players on, can't even negotiate with them.

I don't mind active regions having claims, but when everything is claimed, foundation spammed and/or walled off and 5 or less players on the server, none responding to chat, this game does not look good for the long term.

Edited by José Gaspar
  • Like 8

Tax system doesn't really belong in PVE, since you get nothing from paying taxes.

Why pay 30% of everything you harvest/dig up for nothing? it doesn't make any sense, at the very least it should be lowered to maximum 10-15% in PVE.

• Like 2

i think they need to limit how many land a company can claim .

bigger company can claim more.  maybe like 1 member to 1 land., so company w 2 member cant claim more than 3 land.

something like that. bc i see a company example MOV. they claim lots of land. but the way i see it. that company only consist like 2 or 3 players. they just ninja claim.

I spent the last few days sailing around in the High Desert zones. Never more than 3 or 4 people online at once (total for the zone), yet all the land was claimed and you can't touch it for 20 days. It's very rare that you come across just one flag by one company, it's usually half a dozen or more flags. People say "but I need to go on vacation"....I say bullshirt! I am mostly a solo player and would have no problem finding someone to login for me every few days to save my claim if it were set to a much lower time frame. If claims are to stay in PVE then it really needs to be revamped. I don't have the answer to this problem, but allowing just a few people to claim entire islands/zones will just drive people from the game.

For me, this is one of the more urgent fixes needed in the game.

Agree.

1. Remove all sea claims.

2. Remove ability to flag bomb. (Forced overlap of other peoples claim)

3. Add 3-5 free flags, rest cost gold.

4. Remove inactive flags with an additional tombstone counter automatically.

Edited by Shintai
  • Like 1

Even if you keep the sea claims they should count as land claims and thus reduce the timer, currently they are not counted for the timer, also claims are based per grid, they should be for total of world

15 hours ago, Castillo said:

Tax system doesn't really belong in PVE, since you get nothing from paying taxes.

Why pay 30% of everything you harvest/dig up for nothing? it doesn't make any sense, at the very least it should be lowered to maximum 10-15% in PVE.

YOU dont get crap, but the land owner (aka the guy who went through the trouble of finding, claiming and protecting the land) does. He gets a percentage of what is harvested off HIS land. When a big ship comes and wipes out all the metal out of the nodes on your land and you cant finish a project because of it, youll appreciate the taxes. Once you get your own land, youll understand.

The tax system works just fine if you know how to use it. As far as players being on or not on? Well, the day is 24 hours and not everyone plays at the same time so you may not see them, but they may be playing while you sleep or while you work. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

YOU dont get crap, but the land owner (aka the guy who went through the trouble of finding, claiming and protecting the land) does. He gets a percentage of what is harvested off HIS land. When a big ship comes and wipes out all the metal out of the nodes on your land and you cant finish a project because of it, youll appreciate the taxes. Once you get your own land, youll understand.

The tax system works just fine if you know how to use it. As far as players being on or not on? Well, the day is 24 hours and not everyone plays at the same time so you may not see them, but they may be playing while you sleep or while you work. 

In a PVA environment or PVP environment  this works but for PVE it just doesnt work. 

16 hours ago, Castillo said:

You're poaching on someone else's land... that's the benefit you get... resources from someone's land.

• Like 1

Would you rather have a flat 15% of your harvest go to the landowner, without the tax rate being visible in the corner, and the landowners not be able to chose to set their tax to anywhere  between 0-30%, and you can see, and make your decision on where to harvest based on it?

Or would you rather they completely get rid of taxes, and lower the harvest yield by 15% in general?

As someone who has limited resources on my land, I vary the taxes based on what I'm doing? Normally I have 10% taxes set when I'm offline, just to have a small income if people chose to harvest. If I'm building a gally, or some other huge building project, I set the taxes to 30% while I'm on, to discourage people from taking the resources that I need for my project, and if they choose to, I at least get 1/3 of what I would get from doing it myself.

I do disagree with the people who have huge plots of land with 500+ trees, or vast quantities of any resource, who keep their tax rate at 30% and don't have a base nearby and never bother to harvest anything for themselves.

While I understand the need to be able to go on vacation the current system is going to turn new players or those who can't find anything to claim away from the game at least in PVE because almost everything is claimed. I think Shintai idea of having 3-5 flags per company is a great idea, then make it expensive to buy more so big guilds with lots of active players could do so. I also think there needs to be upkeep cost to each flag which gets more expensive with each flag. This way you could pay down large upkeep to go on vacation but it would take a little more work then just login in because the current system allows 1 person or few to indefinitely keep massive amounts of land by logging in once a month. 

Of course, going to one to three flag per person would also work. This would prevent a small group of people from owning massives part of the world as I know is occurring right now or make an upkeep cost for each flag which get more expensive with each flag. I think flags need to be count on a world scale, not a grid. I'm sorry in my opinion no one on PVE earned it, PVP sure because you actually have to defend that land but PVE people just got there first and spammed their flag. The other people were lucky to snag land due to bugs or when the dev randomly changed how claims worked. Unless they add new grids or make a mechanic so people in lawless can actually go on vacation too I don't see a lot of people joining the game in the future beside going unofficially. I want the game to grow and be successful because it can be a lot of fun.

P.S I think flags are still broken because they all say 20 days in the white text when trying to put a claim flag down but some of the PVE activations on the flags are different but I haven't been able to test it because the lowest I found was 6 days.

10 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Yes, because it takes soooooooooo much effort to press F1 and click to place a claim flag...

Sure, now it takes time to find free land claims, but at first, everyone claimed everything, with no intention of using it to build, just to rob players with taxes that give the payer nothing in return.

Also "protecting" the land from what exactly? this is PVE, not PVP.

I don't understand what do you mean this: "When a big ship comes and wipes out all the metal out of the nodes on your land", since resources respawn rather quickly.

8 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

Or would you rather they completely get rid of taxes, and lower the harvest yield by 15% in general?

Yes, I would, beats giving 30% of what I harvest to someone that does nothing for me.

Edited by Castillo

On 2/8/2019 at 2:04 AM, Castillo said:

if one has land in property if you remove resources you pay a fee, if you do not want to pay you have the zones without law there is everything for free

Die Steuern für den PVE-Server passen, und die Funktionieren, wir konnten auf M4 auf der Oberen Insel 1ne Flagge setzen können, die Reich an Stein, Holz, Fisch usw. ist., hier befinden sich auch Schatzausgrabungen. Als die AFK Schläfer entfernt wurden, konnten wir die Yarfild-Insel abholen, und darauf eine Bank, die Steuern auf 24.5% gesetzt. Wir freuen uns wie kleine Kinder, wenn das Doppelt-Event ist, dann gehen wir mit den Steuern auf 10-15% Runter, und die Bank füllt sich mit jedem menge Material, und wenn man auf einer Insel ist, gibt es kaum Metal eine Schatzkarte Insel ist, dann freut man sich umso mehr. Nein, hier sollte man nichts mehr ändern.
Jemand holt sich Resoursen aus deinem Gebiet, und man bekommt einen Teil ab

####################################

Die Steuern gehen für den PVE-Server vor und funktionieren ausgezeichnet. Wir können M4 auf der Upper Island 1ne-Flagge setzen, die reich an Stein, Holz, Fisch usw. ist. Hier finden Sie auch Schatzsuche. Als wir die AFK-Schwellenländer gefunden haben, können wir die Yarfild Island von Claimen beziehen, die auf 24,5% festlegte. Wir freuen uns wie kleine Kinder, wenn es zu einem Doppelereignis kommt. Hier können wir die Steuern um 10-15% runterladen, und die Bank füllt jede Menge Material. Nein, du solltest hier nichts mehr ändern.
Holed Ressourcen aus Ihrer Nähe und Sie bekommen einen Teil dafür

Edited by Samsonetty

I have noticed a dramatic drop in consistant players on so either find an area look around all the islands until you find a claim that is consistantly dropping and wait on it or join a company that owns claims. This is a game about piracy and dominance and it seems devs are encouraging this by naming the top companies with the most domain. As for taxes we keep ours at 9% and have a large alliance to communicate with for trading resources. This game works well when you work with others.  The smaller your company and soloers will have a tougher time unless you reach out. At least in PVE

Also if they were to limit how many claims we have then we would start seeing everything look like lawless zones where there are structures everywhere which kills all the resources....

19 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

PVE so protecting the land... from what? ho you mean log in every 20 day to keep you re flag? with of course 30% taxe to finish project you start 3 week ago without doing anything? you re just to lazy to grind yourself....in lawless you log in every 4 day to keep you land and you get nothing... know how to use the tax system yea put max tax go on vacation and build 5 galleon when you re back... stop you re nonsense tks

anyway allow player to rule over other is nonsense in pve, and top companie are the one with the most flag... good way to kick ppl out the game, slowly but surely

tax should be disable if no one online or if ppl dont log in for X day

the timer need to be fixed too cause atm its dont work, 20 flag (or more) 20 day Oo 

its funny all these posts about land. I go out everyday and find land. takes time but i find land. I write down times on other land and check it every other day. Getting land takes time. stop expecting stuff just to be handed to you cause you play pve. Put some work in like the rest of us have. hell you can even come talk to some of us and maybe rent some land to get a footing started. everyone who has rented land from us have either become an allies or merged in cause they like our play style. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, redfisher said:

its funny all these posts about land. I go out everyday and find land. takes time but i find land. I write down times on other land and check it every other day. Getting land takes time. stop expecting stuff just to be handed to you cause you play pve. Put some work in like the rest of us have. hell you can even come talk to some of us and maybe rent some land to get a footing started. everyone who has rented land from us have either become an allies or merged in cause they like our play style. 

so for you 196 flag and 20 day its normal?

i really doubt you have more playtime than me, and yet didnt find any land that can be claim on 90% of the map, you find one you re lucky good for you

and rent land LOL to lost everything when the owner change its mind?

Edited by haseo

its not 20 days. our 700 flags is 4 days

also its not that easy to lose everything just cause an owner changes their mind. stop by b11 i will gladly talk to you about it. 

Edited by redfisher

7 hours ago, redfisher said:

"rent" land? that doesn't even work, since if you build in someone else's claim, and then the claim owners lose that land, you will also lose your structures, plus you have to trust that the player "renting" you land won't change the building allowance after you built on it.

image.png.810399085b288df2252ec3a97975d38a.png

Player count keeps going down, could be for a million reasons, but I bet the PVE claim flag spam is a major one.

As it stands, if a company sets a 30% tax rate on their lands, mainly to dissuade people from harvesting there, there's usually a neighbor who sets their taxes lower, to encourage people to harvest there. The island I'm on, the a couple companies have theirs set to 30%, the rest of us - the majority of the land - have ours set to between 10%-15%, to encourage people to harvest there. Mine is set to 10% the majority of the time, but, If I'm online and actively harvesting to build, I do set mine to 30% while I'm doing it, to dissuade people from harvesting what I need, and occasionally give my neighbors a tax refund of sorts, if they're hitting up my land for resources, and I don't need them currently.

It shows the tax rate in the corner, to give players the ability to make the informed decision whether or not to harvest on that person's claims, or walk a bit further to go to the cheaper land.

How many people complaining about the tax, would have an issue if was just set to automatically generate 25% or 30% extra of what you harvest, and give that to the landowner without it coming out of your own harvest, instead?

Edited by MeatSammich

6 hours ago, redfisher said:

its not 20 days. our 700 flags is 4 days

also its not that easy to lose everything just cause an owner changes their mind. stop by b11 i will gladly talk to you about it. 

you re not on pve then cause here its 20 day

i just want to claim because i dont want to pay taxe at 30% cause its mean lost 1/3 of my time when i need mat, and its really annoying, 

25 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

How many people complaining about the tax, would have an issue if was just set to automatically generate 25% or 30% extra of what you harvest, and give that to the landowner without it coming out of your own harvest, instead?

who be awesome 🙂

the word survival changed its meaning ??? apparently survival is to have everything, land, materials, animals without striving to get it, gentlemen you want land? I looked for them as I searched for them a few days ago and I found them after a lot of moving and controlling the inactivity of the previous owner
I've been playing games for more than 36 years, and the last 10 years the only thing I see is people cry because they do not want to make an effort, they want everything for yesterday, claiming that they do not have time, that they have real life, work and want to have the same or more than the one who plays all day, every day of the week, it is already well from so much weeping, in case those who get land and resources are the smart ones and those who do not have them are stupid, or it will be that we bother to waste time looking for inactive and others (those who cry) are to scratch their belly if they give it away

if you do not want to pay fees I already said it and some more in the areas without law there are resources for free kicks and there are many areas without law moving your ass

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, duque said:

the word survival changed its meaning ??? apparently survival is to have everything, land, materials, animals without striving to get it, gentlemen you want land? I looked for them as I searched for them a few days ago and I found them after a lot of moving and controlling the inactivity of the previous owner
I've been playing games for more than 36 years, and the last 10 years the only thing I see is people cry because they do not want to make an effort, they want everything for yesterday, claiming that they do not have time, that they have real life, work and want to have the same or more than the one who plays all day, every day of the week, it is already well from so much weeping, in case those who get land and resources are the smart ones and those who do not have them are stupid, or it will be that we bother to waste time looking for inactive and others (those who cry) are to scratch their belly if they give it away

if you do not want to pay fees I already said it and some more in the areas without law there are resources for free kicks and there are many areas without law moving your ass

and in 36 year of game you still dont know what pve mean? pay taxe to other player is not pve, get you re base destroy by owner of a land is not pve, so since you re so smart, think before saying shit, i problably have twice you re gametime, i grind 10h by without complain, but ppl who steal my time piss me off, you get a land nice for you , lot of ppl dont care about land but just want to grind without lost 1/3 of they re time

and grind in lawless yea of course half the ressource not in lawless.... 

Edited by haseo