Sign in to follow this  
Eta Hywkes

Breeding is broken. - But I as mad.

Can we get some information from the Dev Team about plans on breeding? Are there any? 

Edited by Eta Hywkes
  • Confused 3

It's early access updates are going to break things and sometime introduce game breaking issues.. it's just the way things go 

We are here or test and have a bit of fun along the way.

I don't think animal breeding was ever going to be a big thing in this game so it's prob low down on their list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caldrin said:

It's early access updates are going to break things and sometime introduce game breaking issues.. it's just the way things go 

I don't think animal breeding was ever going to be a big thing in this game so it's prob low down on their list.

Except they made an entire Class on breeding and Animal care....

1 hour ago, Caldrin said:

We are here or test and haave a bit of fun along the way.

Edited by MisterMyztik

Just keep making noise about breeding. I am sure it will eventually be addressed. As for the moment knowing it's broken I would move on past breeding for the time being and enjoy the other aspects of the game. If you are bored then move on but keep coming back and making noise about it so in the long term it will be resolved. I gave up on taming after the first few attempts when I realized quickly how broke the temperature was. Also kept losing them to patches and the follow up patch spam on the weekends when it's the only time I would even have to attempt it. I finally realized I will just have to wait. Hopefully it won't take days either and they fix the crazy temperature extremes in every area that occur daily.

3 hours ago, Malfunktion said:

Except they made an entire Class on breeding and Animal care....

They made an entire class on dealing with animals. Saying they made an entire class on breeding when it is only one of several aspects of that class is akin to describing survivalism as an entire class about swimming. Also they said rather clearly that although this game would have animals and taming, that unlike Ark they would not be the main focus of the game.

Right now there are an abundance of legitimate complaints to be had about the game and it’s systems. Demanding that a secondary or tertiary system which is not game breaking be fixed immediately one month into a 2 year EA period is not a very realistic expectation imo. You mentioned that it’s an entire class, for some perspective remember that there are 14 other classses, not a single one of which works flawlessly, and tarot isn’t even in the game yet.

Patience grasshopper.

9 hours ago, Eta Hywkes said:

Everything is broken, every patch fixes and breaks more. 

Tried my hardest to breed - But when the babies get older, they take more damage from hot and cold. My review of this game will stay negative on steam unless breeding is reviewed. There is ZERO information from the programmers about changes. 

Sorry you are having such a hard time with it.  It's definitely an unfinished system and you are going to have to have a lot of patience with it to even attempt breeding.  I've done some testing to find an optimal setup and tundra/polar is basically the only option as you can easily regulate heat when it's always cold.  You can with some effort breed and raise them with about 6-8 grills ready to turn on/off around them.  But it is super touchy and in all honesty you will get more out of taming a new high level creature than you will out of trying to raise up a new cub.  I'd come back to breeding in a few months when more things have had time to settle and they've had a chance to pass over the system at least once.

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

They made an entire class on dealing with animals. Saying they made an entire class on breeding when it is only one of several aspects of that class is akin to describing survivalism as an entire class about swimming. Also they said rather clearly that although this game would have animals and taming, that unlike Ark they would not be the main focus of the game.

Right now there are an abundance of legitimate complaints to be had about the game and it’s systems. Demanding that a secondary or tertiary system which is not game breaking be fixed immediately one month into a 2 year EA period is not a very realistic expectation imo. You mentioned that it’s an entire class, for some perspective remember that there are 14 other classses, not a single one of which works flawlessly, and tarot isn’t even in the game yet.

Patience grasshopper.

Not disagreeing on the Priority at all lol, but dont make a class dealing with animals if you dont want someone concentrating on animals. Like having a Priest Class in an RPG that cant heal lol

Just now, Malfunktion said:

Not disagreeing on the Priority at all lol, but dont make a class dealing with animals if you dont want someone concentrating on animals. Like having a Priest Class in an RPG that cant heal lol

My company leader focuses on animals. He has tamed plenty. We have traded some of those tames quite profitably. Others we have used quite profitably. The class is quite functional, albeit unfinished. Let me pose you a question by way of providing perspective: 

Would you rather be able to tame and use animals, sneak around wild ones, but be unable to breed YET, or...

be able to craft armor that you can’t sell to anyone because in order to be able to wear it, they also must be specced into the class, and at that point why not just make it themselves?

*grins in a slightly obnoxious way*

Wildshot economy design everyone. Let’s hear a big round of applause.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

My company leader focuses on animals. He has tamed plenty. We have traded some of those tames quite profitably. Others we have used quite profitably. The class is quite functional, albeit unfinished. Let me pose you a question by way of providing perspective: 

Would you rather be able to tame and use animals, sneak around wild ones, but be unable to breed YET, or...

be able to craft armor that you can’t sell to anyone because in order to be able to wear it, they also must be specced into the class, and at that point why not just make it themselves?

*grins in a slightly obnoxious way*

Wildshot economy design everyone. Let’s hear a big round of applause.

To be completely fair, you can breed bears at least.  You just have to no life the fuck out of it and most people don't want to spend 16+ hrs on a "maybe" situation when they can go tame a sure thing in 20-30 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

To be completely fair, you can breed bears at least.  You just have to no life the fuck out of it and most people don't want to spend 16+ hrs on a "maybe" situation when they can go tame a sure thing in 20-30 minutes.

If the breeding winds up working out like Ark's then the benefit will be the ability to pump the animal's stats selectively over generations. The way things are now, that certainly doesn't seem worth the no life investment of time that would be required with a high chance of failure. I think breeding will be worth it eventually, it just might be a long time.

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

If the breeding winds up working out like Ark's then the benefit will be the ability to pump the animal's stats selectively over generations. The way things are now, that certainly doesn't seem worth the no life investment of time that would be required with a high chance of failure. I think breeding will be worth it eventually, it just might be a long time.

From what I've tested it is similar.  Bears at least got an imprint bonus and you have the benefit of combining the levels so you can definitely breed "perfect lines" from them.  The imprint bonus was a few hundred HP and a bit o fmelee from what I saw.  But as you said, right now it's not worth it.  I'd be willing to give it a go on official if I had more people available who wanted to as well.

18 hours ago, Caldrin said:

As far as the breeding goes man, don’t underestimate the ark fans. They are a very loud bunch and they are very attached to their tames.

i would be they start to focus on it more once the major problems are done.

a big chunk of their players came from ark so believe me, they will make a big enough noise to make change towards tames

People have successfully bred animals, it is just very hard to do so. While it does need to be changed, the way to do so, in the current state of the game, is to go to the polar regions, tame several penguins, then make a decent sized breeding area, then use penguins to move in and out to adjust the temp, you can also use fires that you turn off and on in addition to the penguins. That is the way it is currently done.

7 hours ago, Evir said:

People have successfully bred animals, it is just very hard to do so. While it does need to be changed, the way to do so, in the current state of the game, is to go to the polar regions, tame several penguins, then make a decent sized breeding area, then use penguins to move in and out to adjust the temp, you can also use fires that you turn off and on in addition to the penguins. That is the way it is currently done.

Breeding isn't the problem, raising them to maturity is.   You have to no life the hell out of them with fires or grills.

Penguins don't do anything for breeding period.  

our tamer/breeder almost had a pig raised but in the 7 hour he fell asleep and the piglet died of starvation. It survived several heat waves and a couple freezing spells temp swing is so wide it goes from 50ish to 130ish so unreal here in the tropics