Sign in to follow this  
Thanattos

Lost my ship on Release ( thx devs)

WHY THIS GAME DOSENT ALLOW ME BUILD A SHIPYARD ON NON DEEP WATER IF WHEN I BUILD IN A "CORRECT PLACE" MY SHIP JUST BREAK ALL THE PLANKS ON RELEASE ? THX DEVS I LOVE SPEND ALL MY SUNDAY BUILD A SHIP FOR LOST IT ON 5 SECONDS...... I WILL CHANGE MY POSITIVE REVIEW FOR NEGATIVE

• Like 1

well it might be ok for your shipyard to be built that place, but ships do get lower when released, so maybe take that into account when building, sloops dont need that deep water but as soon as you build other ships the need deep water to be released and not crushed.

wow thanks devs I was to lazy to look underwater what was around … Damm dude want them to just come over a play for you also?....   takes 3 seconds to swim around and see the lay of the land under the boat docks when you set it... got 30 seconds to pick it back up and move it to a better location.    

• Like 1

This happens and will happen to 1000s of people and the game will will be better when this is addressed.

2 hours ago, Thanattos said:

WHY THIS GAME DOSENT ALLOW ME BUILD A SHIPYARD ON NON DEEP WATER IF WHEN I BUILD IN A "CORRECT PLACE" MY SHIP JUST BREAK ALL THE PLANKS ON RELEASE ? THX DEVS I LOVE SPEND ALL MY SUNDAY BUILD A SHIP FOR LOST IT ON 5 SECONDS...... I WILL CHANGE MY POSITIVE REVIEW FOR NEGATIVE

Don’t listen to the idiots. It is the devs job to allow placing locations according to their mechanics, not yours.

Jesus Christ wildcard 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sirgonz said:

wow thanks devs I was to lazy to look underwater what was around … Damm dude want them to just come over a play for you also?....   takes 3 seconds to swim around and see the lay of the land under the boat docks when you set it... got 30 seconds to pick it back up and move it to a better location.    

Regardless of whether this constitutes laziness or not, from a game development standpoint, it is needlessly punitive. Sure the survival genre is about learning through loss, but it's not a given that a player would automatically understand that just because you can place a shipyard in a spot doesn't mean the spot is deep enough for the ship. In fact intuitively one would expect the opposite to be true. Given how much time and energy must be invested into gathering the mats and doing the crafting for even a schooner, to say nothing of larger ships, in the interest of not needlessly ticking off your customers, there should be some change because this is happening to a significant percentage of players, lazy or not.

• Like 1

Happened to me on first week, was pissed as well. Obviously you think the game only allows you to build where its ok how should you know the depth requirements if you never build one #logic 

• Like 3

In the early days of the game we saw a company building a galleon on a place that was obviously bad. They finished it, found out. And then had to demo it.

I've almost sunk two ships thanks to this. I'll admit the first one was my fault, but the second the water should have been deep enough. A nice fix would be a small window of immunity on release. It's complete guess work when placing a shipyard whether or not the water is deep enough. It's not like we have a way to measure the depth. All you can do is dive, and eyeball it. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Binks said:

I've almost sunk two ships thanks to this. I'll admit the first one was my fault, but the second the water should have been deep enough. A nice fix would be a small window of immunity on release. It's complete guess work when placing a shipyard whether or not the water is deep enough. It's not like we have a way to measure the depth. All you can do is dive, and eyeball it. 

i think the same thing, when realease a ship we should receive imunity for few seconds , just to move it to deep water .  its so simple for Devs make it, but they prefer see people suffering  ,  seriously  i spend all my sunday  farming without tame , 

7 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

Everything above can be answered with 2 words. Common sense

Correct. It's common sense that a game company would not allow placement of a shipyard in a location where releasing a constructed ship would cause the ship's destruction.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 2

Have a laugh @ OP. What kind of ship did ya lose ? 

I released a few Brigs without any problems, so i was lazy *smile* and didnt check my S-yard that had one tiny spot with a small hill. Lesson learned *smile*

Thx to the 2x weekend. So i was able to build a new Gali in a day.

9 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

Everything above can be answered with 2 words. Common sense

common sense is "if I can build the shipyard it should have no issues building my ship" 

• Like 1

well guess you guys want care bear styled games... guess maybe they should just sell ready made ships to and a beer assistant to hand you your beer and wave a fan on your character on hot days, 

1 hour ago, Mephos said:

common sense is "if I can build the shipyard it should have no issues building my ship" 

where is the challenge in that...so many things in this game are broken and stupid like the Fountain Of Youth run die run die already....  the few things that take a little thinking should not go away... game should not be carebear / near impossible  it needs things like this to make you think so its not a boring game like the sims games.....in my opinion its not perfect but if it was like you say it would be boring

56 minutes ago, Sirgonz said:

well guess you guys want care bear styled games... guess maybe they should just sell ready made ships to and a beer assistant to hand you your beer and wave a fan on your character on hot days, 

we got a bad ass over here. step off, guys... this old boy got it taken care of. He didn't want to reply to any of the existing posts so, by god, he went with his gut and made an entirely new post to naysay the players. It's not like early access clearly has some shenanigans right? He's just assuming it's working as intended lmao...

There's a difference between thoughtful mechanics and mechanics that are broken so you have to work around them. This is clearly the latter. I don't disagree with one of the previous posts, it's just not that hard to swim around for a sec and double check the lay of the land... but you shouldn't have to. There are plenty of tedious mechanics in this game that make sense. This one does not. If the shipyard is allowing itself to be placed, it should also consider the keel of the ships that will be launched from it... meaning a tiny shipyard can obviously launch a raft onto extremely shallow water, but a large shipyard can't launch a galleon in that same depth of water. This is the case currently, which is great, but it's not built into the placement requirements of the large shipyard.... it will just allow you to drop it in some really ridiculous spots. I see this abused more-so for wall placements than people accidentally building a ship in a spot that obviously won't work, but still... even then, that doesn't make sense either. Shipyard walls? Makes sense.

Edited by Rovalis

9 minutes ago, Rovalis said:

we got a bad ass over here. step off, guys... this old boy got it taken care of. He didn't want to reply to any of the existing posts so, by god, he went with his gut and made an entirely new post to naysay the players. It's not like early access clearly has some shenanigans right? He's just assuming it's working as intended lmao...

It's the "I don't like quest markers" mentality.  I'm all for a challenging game but if my challenge is really coming from where to properly place my shipyard I think I need both a mental check and a new game. 

It's already a check for when it's too deep to place, is it really so hard to expect the same check for when it's too shallow to place?

• Like 1