Sign in to follow this  
Gfnjr

2x discovery points

@Jatheish and company,  can we please have a 2x discovery weekend also?   

Edited by Gfnjr
  • Like 2

The question is - how many points do you need for +1 lvl?

Some say - it's 15 for +1 and then 20 for next each one. So it looks like 15, 35, 55, 75 etc. But... I had a 53 points and only had a lvl cap of 53. Yesterday I increased points to 63 and... still have lvl cap for 53...

Edited by George Catcher

Level increases per 23/24 points.

In terms of 2x, I think they have problems with this due to how many discovery points you can get etc.

Lvl | Points

52 24
53 47
54 71
55 94
56 118
57 141
58 164
59 188
60 211

Yesterday i sailed for discovery points... i understand this idea behind.
But it is very boring after a while because every islands are full of wolfes, lions, cobras, snakes, crocodiles.

I was killed yesterday and did a screenshot (cant upload now) you can see 5 Wolfes, 2 Lions, 1 Croc., 3 Cobras.
And this directly on the beach. There is no point for "Discovery" it is run forrest run and search for the Points.

The Islands needs lot less "wild animal" so you can "realy" discover and gatter some ressources you dont have on your Region.
But 90% of the Islands you visit is a wild animal massacre

I think it was a better idea to lower the "Discovery Points" for Max Level, that sould work backwards so maybe Every 10 Points = 1 Level. You need 500 Points für +50 levels, think this is enough. 

When i see how far i have to sail and how many hours for 1 more Level. That seems like boring.

When the game adds more engrams and ressources and maybe more levels then 100...we have enough discovery points to visit left

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

Sorry, but terrible idea. 

why ? 

• Thanks 1

Why? 
What if, you sail hours and hours and now you have ~200 points...another one do nothing, starts to sail and have 200 points in the half of the time.
Ressources are a other thing then Discovery Points.
Then you have all Points near your zone, so to use the x2 event you have to sail a hours for get a undiscoverd island.
Shitstorm income:)

With the last try of updates we see they cant add point backwards.
So the only way is do to something with this Points is, change the count of points for next max level, that should be work backwards too

• Like 1

I'am stuck to at lvl 53. What exactly are discovery point? is it when i do landfall or do i have to find things ?

8 minutes ago, JC67 said:

I'am stuck to at lvl 53. What exactly are discovery point? is it when i do landfall or do i have to find things ?

Landfall is one way but islands can have more than 1 discovery. The spyglass will project a blue dome around discoveries. Also killing a Sperm Whale or Blue Whales provides 50 Discovery Points each to everyone within 100k units of that event one time.

Edited by Nari

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

Landfall is one way but islands can have more than 1 discovery. The spyglass will project a blue dome around discoveries. Also killing a Sperm Whale or Blue Whales provides 50 Discovery Points each to everyone within 100k units of that event one time.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, JC67 said:

Visit a new island=1 point, use spyglass to see blue "bubbles". They reward you one as well.

You have a section called discoveries in each server tile where you can see how many discovery points there is.

How do it work with the spyglass, do i have to look thru it to see the blue sphere or is it enough to hold it in my hand ?

28 minutes ago, Thrandu said:

Why? 
What if, you sail hours and hours and now you have ~200 points...another one do nothing, starts to sail and have 200 points in the half of the time.
Ressources are a other thing then Discovery Points.
Then you have all Points near your zone, so to use the x2 event you have to sail a hours for get a undiscoverd island.
Shitstorm income:)

With the last try of updates we see they cant add point backwards.
So the only way is do to something with this Points is, change the count of points for next max level, that should be work backwards too

and so what , now the remainder of  points will be easier to get , 

its players like you that feel so hard done by as u have gotten your first 200 points the slow way ..so fucking what now u can get more points that will be further away easier that u would have at the currant 1 point per discovery 

does it really matter to u that new players that have just started will end up at the same point as u with less time instead of 2000 hrs to explore the entire may they do it it 1000 hrs , 

entitled players like you are what ruins game ...

the 3x would have been great for new players to chach up and allow those that already had a couple of hundred point to pull ahead at a reasonable rate 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UDO said:

and so what , now the remainder of  points will be easier to get , 

its players like you that feel so hard done by as u have gotten your first 200 points the slow way ..so fucking what now u can get more points that will be further away easier that u would have at the currant 1 point per discovery 

does it really matter to u that new players that have just started will end up at the same point as u with less time instead of 2000 hrs to explore the entire may they do it it 1000 hrs , 

entitled players like you are what ruins game ...

the 3x would have been great for new players to chach up and allow those that already had a couple of hundred point to pull ahead at a reasonable rate 

The problem is not catching up easy, the problem is... discovery points are linked to soft capping your max level.. so let's say theoretically they increase level cap later in future to higher.. and now that we all explore every possible zone people that had the benefit of 2x or 3x or whatever will have more total points than people who had less benefit of 2x or 3x.  Which leads to handicapping and in a way even hardcapping them to lower softcap max level or even making it harder/near to impossible for them to max out again.

They should not raise gained discovery points per zone or anything else. They just need to reduce points required to get max level instead. That way no one gets hurt 🙂

6 minutes ago, Jester said:

The problem is not catching up easy, the problem is... discovery points are linked to soft capping your max level.. so let's say theoretically they increase level cap later in future to higher.. and now that we all explore every possible zone people that had the benefit of 2x or 3x or whatever will have more total points than people who had less benefit of 2x or 3x.  Which leads to handicapping and in a way even hardcapping them to lower softcap max level or even making it harder/near to impossible for them to max out again.

They should not raise gained discovery points per zone or anything else. They just need to reduce points required to get max level instead. That way no one gets hurt 🙂

i doubt they will raise lvl again as that would allow all players to have all skills negating the need to any form of skill tree , sailing is slow a lot of players wil never even get close to lvl cap or points needed to get there at the currrnt rate , due to the amount of time needed to sail to , land and then discover al point son said island wading through wildlife that may or may not kill them ,

so we have a large amount of the player base at a massive disadvantage compared to the 24/7 players ,,,

talking to players in the various grids i pass through , a lot are happy to just sit at there bases maybe sail one or 2 grids away , the devs need to give more of an incentive to go exploring one way is to reward a higher amount of points per discovery , this would help those that dont travel much or dont have the time , wheras those that do have the time will get to lvl cap faster allowing them to enjoy more of the game 

25 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Visit a new island=1 point, use spyglass to see blue "bubbles". They reward you one as well.

You have a section called discoveries in each server tile where you can see how many discovery points there is.

i have never had point rewarded for looking through spy glass at blue bubble ?

15 minutes ago, UDO said:

i have never had point rewarded for looking through spy glass at blue bubble ?

You can see the location, you need to visit it.

You also forget we have a tarrot tree.. we don't know how many points that tree will require either. Plus there can always be skill tree overhauls or rebalancing.

10 minutes ago, Shintai said:

You can see the location, you need to visit it.

yes i know that part it doesnt give points for looking at though doesit?

i'am standing in the blue sphere now but i get no discovery ? Do i have to do something ?

2 hours ago, Thrandu said:

I was killed yesterday and did a screenshot (cant upload now) you can see 5 Wolfes, 2 Lions, 1 Croc., 3 Cobras.
And this directly on the beach. There is no point for "Discovery" it is run forrest run and search for the Points.

The Islands needs lot less "wild animal" so you can "realy" discover and gatter some ressources you dont have on your Region.
But 90% of the Islands you visit is a wild animal massacre

When i see how far i have to sail and how many hours for 1 more Level. That seems like boring.

When the game adds more engrams and ressources and maybe more levels then 100...we have enough discovery points to visit left

1) Based on my own experiences, I am skeptical that the predator count you describe was more than the occasional fluke. A month ago it would have been normal, but creature spawns have been adjusted significantly and personally I no longer ever see the big battle royals like what you describe except very occasionally, thus you are complaining about an exception rather than the norm. 

2) *Buys a game advertised as about sailing and exploring*

*complains sailing and exploring is boring*

*headdesk*

For me it looks like with every single reboot, the creatures respawns. So after a day with more then 1 patches we have a double count on creatures. Dont know.

No no, u miss understand :).
Sailing themself is fun and feels smooth, when the ping is good.
But sailing hours for Discovery Points and visit some hardcore aggressive animals Islands, THATS get boring :D.

I would like to see a bit more from a island, check some buildings, other materials, but every step they are cobras..wolfes..lions and so on. When iam at home i can share the screenshot i take before i die 😄.

Think we need some "other" aggressive animals that fight each other so we have a bit more changes. Wolfes fights cobras or something like that

48 minutes ago, JC67 said:

i'am standing in the blue sphere now but i get no discovery ? Do i have to do something ?

I've came across several that must have been bugged and this happened to me also.   Search all over and finally find it for it not to work Ugh!

@boomervoncannon Lol avatar comment

Edited by Gfnjr

18 minutes ago, Gfnjr said:

I've came across several that must have been bugged and this happened to me also.   Search all over and finally find it for it not to work Ugh!

@boomervoncannon Lol avatar comment

Not to veer too far off topic but my gf is a life long Bon Jovi fanatic, so when they got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year, guess where my vacation was in April? I have to say that we both enjoyed the trip, it was my first time in Cleveland, and we found the people there warm and welcoming. Baker Mayfield looks to be the real deal, so I'm sure you're excited about next season. Here's hoping for the sake of long suffering Browns fans everywhere that it's for good reason.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not to veer too far off topic but my gf is a life long Bon Jovi fanatic, so when they got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year, guess where my vacation was in April? I have to say that we both enjoyed the trip, it was my first time in Cleveland, and we found the people there warm and welcoming. Baker Mayfield looks to be the real deal, so I'm sure you're excited about next season. Here's hoping for the sake of long suffering Browns fans everywhere that it's for good reason.

Good stuff my friend!  Sincerely appreciate those words,  I suffered thru it all,  watched every minute and NOW it's hopefully changing for the better.  I got ships named "6" after Baker,  and several other Browns themed lol.  

Nice to hear you had a great time in Cleveland also!

Back on topic for moment,  I really love sailing and exploring.  I think it's a great way to get people to up their level.  I think if they announced in advance and told people about a 2x discovery it would go over much better than the 3x they tried.  

Edited by Gfnjr