Rosalina

People using dummy companies and Alt characters in PvP

This isn't about getting offline raided or whatever, but I do want to bring to the attention of the Devs that there are people who make dummy companies and alt characters to raid people without revealing who they are. I get that we don't always know who killed us, but seeing as their is a system in the game that has the names as a record, it seems weird that bypassing that is allowed, and is a very powerful thing to do. One way to combat this would be to include steam names in the logs, this way we can look them up and figure out who they actually belong to.

In our case we were raided by a company called CTSG ?? Black on the NA PVP server, character name Black Colour, or 黑色, but theres only one guy, and its impossible to track.

Also puckles are borderline useless, and this is tested. We had around 10 NPCs on aggressive mountain on puckles and then we had a company member leave and try to get into our base. They basically ran straight through into the base, through the front doors, past the puckles, and ran around the the interior of the base and stopped to punch random things, and the npcs only got one shot off on him until he ran right up to them and stood still, which they then killed him. Offline raiding is a thing, I get that, but if any defenses put in place don't work, what exactly are we supposed to do?

In this case, I think me and some company members will be quitting now. We don't mind losing, we got wiped fair and square before. We just don't like getting done in by people bypassing game mechanics, and AI being so bad that they might as well not exist. It seems the game is lacking functional parts in order to play it properly. This and my character getting deleted a week back, just a bit much. Maybe we will be back in a few months. 

Edited by Rosalina
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rosalina said:

This isn't about getting offline raided or whatever, but I do want to bring to the attention of the Devs that there are people who make dummy companies and alt characters to raid people without revealing who they are. I get that we don't always know who killed us, but seeing as their is a system in the game that has the names as a record, it seems weird that bypassing that is allowed, and is a very powerful thing to do. One way to combat this would be to include steam names in the logs, this way we can look them up and figure out who they actually belong to.

In our case we were raided by a company called CTSG ?? Black on the NA PVP server, character name Black Colour, or 黑色, but theres only one guy, and its impossible to track.

Also puckles are borderline useless, and this is tested. We had around 10 NPCs on aggressive mountain on puckles and then we had a company member leave and try to get into our base. They basically ran straight through into the base, through the front doors, past the puckles, and ran around the the interior of the base and stopped to punch random things, and the npcs only got one shot off on him until he ran right up to them and stood still, which they then killed him. Offline raiding is a thing, I get that, but if any defenses put in place don't work, what exactly are we supposed to do?

In this case, I think me and some company members will be quitting now. We don't mind losing, we got wiped fair and square before. We just don't like getting done in by people bypassing game mechanics, and AI being so bad that they might as well not exist. It seems the game is lacking functional parts in order to play it properly. This and my character getting deleted a week back, just a bit much. Maybe we will be back in a few months. 

Just think people are already doing this now just imagine if they added offline raid protection so bases were immune to damage when companies went offline. You would litterally have bases built by alt accounts that couldn't be raided at all but yet people could still use those bases and store their loot. 

• Like 1

If people want to buy a second account that's their choice.. I don't see an issue with it myself. 

As for puckles they seem to be doing a good job for us at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

If people want to buy a second account that's their choice.. I don't see an issue with it myself. 

As for puckles they seem to be doing a good job for us at the moment. 

I dont have an issue with people having a 2nd account. But I agree with OP that puckles seem to be weak at times. I don't know if its the lag or something else. But what OP had mentioned I to have ran past npc on pukles and blown them up while only being shot at 1 time, i do believe they should get a buff in terms of damage or fire rate. 

Hmm odd our puckles have been doing a good job ... Could because lag issue then 😞

Edited by Caldrin

Family accounts, also been there since day 1.. Some even said they had 10 accounts.

Plus if you want to get down to the gritty, there is tracking parsing tools out there BECAUSE the game allows for it. Stop that and maybe it would be better pvp game.

yes, we have run into groups that basically have their alts in another company, living on the same island, and then have one company completely cheat with esp and aimbots in an attempt to sneak by bans, so they account ban but it does nothing, since it is separate company, even if they banned an entire company, they just hide in their other group.

6 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Family accounts, also been there since day 1.. Some even said they had 10 accounts.

Plus if you want to get down to the gritty, there is tracking parsing tools out there BECAUSE the game allows for it. Stop that and maybe it would be better pvp game.

you cant play official servers with family share

19 hours ago, Rosalina said:

I sincerely don't know why people are still playing on officials....go to GamingOGS servers on unofficials...you will not regret it...we moved over a couple weeks back and it actually saved me from deleting this game...Don't get me wrong, we still get offlined occasionally, but increased gathering rates and taming rates make it so much easier to rebuild.  In Na-PVP we struggled for weeks to get a single claim flag, grew it to 4 whole flags before some mega decided that they wanted the territory to grow turnips on or some BS.  Now we own an entire island on a 5x10 map and could have more if we wanted....Seriously , before you give up the game, give the unofficials a try.  To try the one my group plays on just type GOG in the search and make sure to join their discord...the admin are very active and there are a few rules you should make sure you know.

-bas

Edited by BastionK
spelling

6 hours ago, BastionK said:

I sincerely don't know why people are still playing on officials....

Because some of us are still thriving despite not being part of the Big 10. In fact, some of these mid-size alliance groups are successfully holding back attempts at land grabs by the larger entities. You will not see us in the dynamic territory claim leaderboard map. But you will see the regions the top companies have failed to claim. That success breeds fun, even if the process can get annoying when you have to drop all of your plans because an enemy fleet arrives that needs to be sunk or chased off. Conversely, with our level of organization we would likely dominate an unofficial server far too easily.

Officials are certainly not the best place for everyone. But some of us still enjoy the challenge. Though trash may be talked, we do appreciate the opponents that have driven us to innovate in base defense, ship design, and communications. So much so that some of our former opponents are now friendlies.

Edited by Lifedragn

15 hours ago, BastionK said:

I sincerely don't know why people are still playing on officials....go to GamingOGS servers on unofficials...you will not regret it...we moved over a couple weeks back and it actually saved me from deleting this game...Don't get me wrong, we still get offlined occasionally, but increased gathering rates and taming rates make it so much easier to rebuild.  In Na-PVP we struggled for weeks to get a single claim flag, grew it to 4 whole flags before some mega decided that they wanted the territory to grow turnips on or some BS.  Now we own an entire island on a 5x10 map and could have more if we wanted....Seriously , before you give up the game, give the unofficials a try.  To try the one my group plays on just type GOG in the search and make sure to join their discord...the admin are very active and there are a few rules you should make sure you know.

-bas

because my issue with admin abuse. I have a very aggressive play style and most admins do not like that and end up banning me or using their powers in an abusive way to set me back. On to of that having a blast in official server where its challenging and populated. Most unofficial servers have jacked up rates that make it pointless to do anything. 

15 hours ago, EvilBoy said:

you cant play official servers with family share

No. But its not hard to have a 2nd account and its only another 25$ to have. For some thats not much money to spend on a game if they are putting in hundreds if not thousands of hours into it