Sign in to follow this  
deadscvm

Can anyone please give me an educated, not racist explanation for Chinese players PvE griefing?

I seriously dont understand why so many Chinese people are doing this. I literally just want to enjoy the game and have fun and not worry about pvp and I do nothing to these people and they are STILL looking for every single tiny exploit possible...they are not even progressing or actually playing the game. It is heartbreaking and I need answers. What do they gain from this? Is there a reason? I would very much appreciate it if anyone knows the reason, "cultural differences" doesnt really seem like an answer to me.

• Like 1

The way I understand it the overall mentality is that if you find an exploit that helps you win you do it. It isn't done maliciously or to be ugly. Take for instance the way in some countries it's expected that you haggle prices, some countries will be insulted if you tip. In Chinese gaming finding and utilizing the exploits is just another part of the game to them. It really does come down to cultural differences to us it comes across as a personal affront but they are just playing the game the way they play every game. If you want a silver lining, griefing helps devs make corrections to things they didn't even think about before.

10 hours ago, deadscvm said:

I seriously dont understand why so many Chinese people are doing this. I literally just want to enjoy the game and have fun and not worry about pvp and I do nothing to these people and they are STILL looking for every single tiny exploit possible...they are not even progressing or actually playing the game. It is heartbreaking and I need answers. What do they gain from this? Is there a reason? I would very much appreciate it if anyone knows the reason, "cultural differences" doesnt really seem like an answer to me.

Sadly in all my experiences cultural differences is the only non-racist answer you will ever get.

Different culture , they are taught their while.lives winning is the be all and end all 

They are taught anything less than top is a fail no matter what they are doing u fortunately this spills over Into gaming even on pve where there is no winning 

But atlas Devs haven't helped by having leaderboards for most land claimed even on pve this has no place in it , should be  PvP oly 

It's often money driven isn't it? You find huge gangs doing this and selling gold etc online ? I don't know if that's the reason here in Atlas.

Often bots are employed, you see it in most MMO's. 

Most don't have quite as many obvious exploits as this one!

18 hours ago, deadscvm said:

I'm curious because your title / post seems to imply that somehow cultural differences is racist,  there is nothing racist about different cultures not being the same you do realize that right?  

Chinese gaming culture has no moral issues with "cheating/exploits"  

Western gaming culture has moral issues with "cheating/exploits"  

It's really that simple and I'm sorry you for whatever reason find that racist.

• Like 1