Sign in to follow this  
Vorxius

Coins weigh way way way too much

Please for the love of god, decrease the weight of coins?   Just ran our first treasure hunt with a friend, got 1600 each stuffed in our inventories, unable to carry it all lost 2k of it.

Do coins really need to weigh what they do?   If so, why?   What's the point in getting loot like this, if you can't carry it?  You drop it and unable to pick it back up... we both sat there watching timer count down... until pop... 2k gone.

Strange mechanic.

I'm torn on this.  Double weekend is great but you end up throwing away a good chunk unless you bring 4 people.

I think it does merit a bit of a down tweak.

Oh, also, you CAN have one person drop theirs, the other go back to your ship, and then come back.  Weve had to go that sometimes.

Also, bringing a bear is not the answer.  Some 50% of maps require significant pick use.   Bears cant climb.

Agree, even without the double weekend i would like to stuff a ton in my ships chest for the NPC and forget, but I can't because they weigh the ship down soooo much. I see no reason for coins to be so heavy. 

If i want to treasure hunt, i don't want have to go back to my base just to drop coins off, some require you to travel to the ends of the map, to ask me turn around make a trip back and then return again for only a handful of coins, is over the top imho.

This also leads to the devs wanting players to spend more time on their boats. Also, how in gods name are we meant to get 50k to a freeport or even on a ship  for the dragon box thing, are we gonna have to take out 10 ships just for the coins? 

If anyone could give a sound reason I would be happy to back out, but right now I see no reason coins need weight 

50K gold is 20000 weight just for reference. Technically a single ship can do it but 2 levelled trading brigs would be the answer. Pain to get off and on the ships.

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

Please for the love of god, decrease the weight of coins?   Just ran our first treasure hunt with a friend, got 1600 each stuffed in our inventories, unable to carry it all lost 2k of it.

Do coins really need to weigh what they do?   If so, why?   What's the point in getting loot like this, if you can't carry it?  You drop it and unable to pick it back up... we both sat there watching timer count down... until pop... 2k gone.

Strange mechanic.

Give your coins to your friend and walk back and forth to your ship with the coins, easy. They shouldn’t be weight more otherwise our company has dragons even faster. Now that’s still some kind of challenge. 

What about that artifact cost 20k gold in FREEPORT? I mean... my pathfinder can carry for around 2k... If I respec and put all to weight I'll add like 1k - more. It's 3k then and I need 20k? If I wish to buy this artifact - I don't know, how?

(And yeah - if weight there in kilos, it means one single coin weigh 400g. Must be a huge coin : )

Spanish gold maravedi XII century weighed slightly less than 4 grams,it was gold 895. Maravedi is also known as dublon. According to the in-game description, the gold washes in the game are the coins with a small amount of gold in the composition, which means they can not weigh heavier than the gold doubloon, but their weight is more than 100 times...

Maravedi_Alfonso_VIII_Toledo.jpg

6 hours ago, Vorxius said:

Strange mechanic.

You can pick up a near infinite amount of weight if you pick up the popcorned boxes, and you can still creep along, just have people pick it up, then shuttle it back and forth, we bring a mount to carry stuff when we go treasure hunting, just to carry the amount back. This seems like a lack of game knowledge and poor planning that lead to this outcome.

14 hours ago, Evir said:

You can pick up a near infinite amount of weight if you pick up the popcorned boxes, and you can still creep along, just have people pick it up, then shuttle it back and forth, we bring a mount to carry stuff when we go treasure hunting, just to carry the amount back. This seems like a lack of game knowledge and poor planning that lead to this outcome.

I understand your point, and you're not wrong to a point.

My real issue is being awarded something you're not able to carry.  In a game where loot and treasure is the lure, it seems a bit... counter intuitive. 

Since now, we have changed tactic.  In non lawless it doesn't work, but we build a storage box so overburdened loot, we can stash, and revisit as many times as needed to get the spoils back to the boat.

One alternative solution is to have the treasure chest act like a personal storage box, where it's then up to the player to loot what they can carry and come back... not dumping ALL of it on you and making you 400% over weight limit with no warning.