Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Abandoned Ships issue

So, over a week ago I had a few homeless sailors in a schooner show up and anchor in my harbor.  Two of them, I recruited into my company. However, the company owner, and thus the schooner owner, hasn't logged back in for me to try to recruit them.  As a result, I've had this ship blocking a good chunk of my harbor that entire time.  I cannot claim it, even though it's on my claim, because I can't actually set foot on it.  And, it's not degrading as it's anchored.

So tell me, why are there no options for me to sink it, claim it or eject it off my claims? Why should I have to file a support ticket to rid myself of an abandoned ship that otherwise will never go away.

• Like 1

they attempted to address this with the last update. deleting any ship with no activity for 3 weeks. but something went wrong and they had to rescind the code. hopefully they will re implement this as I also have a couple of abandoned ships on my coast.

Three weeks?  Seriously?  So if someone raft spams another player then they have to wait THREE WEEKS in order to play the game?  What's to keep the griefer from just adding in new rafts every day?  

That solution is nearsighted and unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Three weeks?  Seriously?  So if someone raft spams another player then they have to wait THREE WEEKS in order to play the game?  What's to keep the griefer from just adding in new rafts every day?  

That solution is nearsighted and unacceptable.

Spamming rafts is against the code of conduct. So create a ticket for that.

13 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Spamming rafts is against the code of conduct. So create a ticket for that.

I created an entire post but creating tickets should not be the solution to removing abandoned ships. Furthermore, I'm not sure which would be faster right now, waiting 3 weeks for them to vanish or submitting a ticket.

I've also been waiting for a solution to this since the beginning of January, I have two rafts and three slops blocking the building of my shipyeard 🤬