Sign in to follow this  
Skyroguen

I quit playing Atlas because...

I quit playing Atlas because...  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. I quit playing Atlas because... (please choose the most correct answer)

• Loss of Progress due to Griefing
    • Loss of Progress due to Bugs
    • Loss of Progress due to Exploits
    • Lack of Communication from Developers
    • I was Banned by the Developers
    • All my friends have quit
    • Lack of Content and Boredom
    • Frustrating Game Play
    • Other Issues I will mention in a post
    • Umm....I am still plying and enjoying the game.

I am still playing and enjoying, and while I have been critical of numerous Wildshot™ design choices to date, recent Captain's Logs provide some optimism that the developers are listening to their playerbase more attentively than they have in the past both with Atlas and Ark. The key will be whether those Captain's Logs translate into actual well executed changes that improve the experience. They sound good on paper, but words as they say, are cheap, and GrapeCard's weakness has always been their ability to execute.

closing the poll because i made a error and allowed multiple choice. I will re post it with the corrections

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

closing the poll because i made a error and allowed multiple choice. I will re post it with the corrections

*holds up a finger*

Umm... you realize that people who quit a game are much less likely to come to a forum for the game and tell you why they quit, thus skewing the results in favor of those who are still playing?

Then again, considering what some of the doom-prophets are calling statistics, I suppose this would be just as valid.

Calling it, "why are you most likely to quit" might be a better title.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

damn, i wish i had read this before resubmitting the poll. good advise, thank you

Edited by Skyroguen

11 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I am still playing and enjoying, and while I have been critical of numerous Wildshot™ design choices to date, recent Captain's Logs provide some optimism that the developers are listening to their playerbase more attentively than they have in the past both with Atlas and Ark. The key will be whether those Captain's Logs translate into actual well executed changes that improve the experience. They sound good on paper, but words as they say, are cheap, and GrapeCard's weakness has always been their ability to execute.

This is an English Colonization simulator, not a pirate game.

Just like you said "[their] words are cheap". Your optimism overlooks both their double speak and how disconnected from reality they seem to be. They talked about how they "tailored to large companies", and " going forward, with the community’s help and feedback, we plan to make the game less punishing and reduce the steep climb required for players to reach the parts of the game which make it special. " but, like hypocrites, as soon as possible, talked about all the things they were going to do to actively help large companies, which are still a "major part of their vision". Considering they also seem to think it's only about "the climb", let me point out, they literally expect me to log in, go resource farming (the climb), let someone else get 1/10-1/3 of it, just for me strolling through an area, that they got to put down a flag first, and somehow have fun, when all I am doing is further fueling the mega tribes and streamer companies I have been complaining about, since I got kicked off my first island by a company of streamer fan-bitches, that were so annoying, they had literally been abandoned by their streamer, and he started a new company.

The only "attention" they are giving to their non-streamer/non-mega player base, is lip service.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mansler said:

This is an English Colonization simulator, not a pirate game.

Just like you said "[their] words are cheap". Your optimism overlooks both their double speak and how disconnected from reality they seem to be. They talked about how they "tailored to large companies", and " going forward, with the community’s help and feedback, we plan to make the game less punishing and reduce the steep climb required for players to reach the parts of the game which make it special. " but, like hypocrites, as soon as possible, talked about all the things they were going to do to actively help large companies, which are still a "major part of their vision". Considering they also seem to think it's only about "the climb", let me point out, they literally expect me to log in, go resource farming (the climb), let someone else get 1/10-1/3 of it, just for me strolling through an area, that they got to put down a flag first, and somehow have fun, when all I am doing is further fueling the mega tribes and streamer companies I have been complaining about, since I got kicked off my first island by a company of streamer fan-bitches, that were so annoying, they had literally been abandoned by their streamer, and he started a new company.

The only "attention" they are giving to their non-streamer/non-mega player base, is lip service.

If true future actions will bear this out.  I'm not unaware of their tendency to pay lip service to things. They claimed they learned "so many lessons from Ark" and in six weeks of Atlas's EA I see very little evidence of that, and strong evidence to the contrary on some pretty major design issues.  However, I don't see any problem with announcing vanity bowsprits as rewards and incentives for top companies at the same time. That does zero to damage or discourage my experience as a small company.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

If true future actions will bear this out.  I'm not unaware of their tendency to pay lip service to things. They claimed they learned "so many lessons from Ark" and in six weeks of Atlas's EA I see very little evidence of that, and strong evidence to the contrary on some pretty major design issues.  However, I don't see any problem with announcing vanity bowsprits as rewards and incentives for top companies at the same time. That does zero to damage or discourage my experience as a small company.

Direct quote from the last paragraph of the Captain's log " We plan on introducing more features in the future to expand on how influential large companies can be with their territories, as well as additional incentivizes to be a part of the top 5 rankings ".

Considering the already mega-centric mentality they started with, and that they felt it was necessary to re-iterate multiple times that, large companies are " still a fundamental part of our design and key to the game’s vision " , if that doesn't scream, 'we're going to add even more bonuses for large companies', you must be deafened by optimism.

3 minutes ago, Mansler said:

Direct quote from the last paragraph of the Captain's log " We plan on introducing more features in the future to expand on how influential large companies can be with their territories, as well as additional incentivizes to be a part of the top 5 rankings ".

Considering the already mega-centric mentality they started with, and that they felt it was necessary to re-iterate multiple times that, large companies are " still a fundamental part of our design and key to the game’s vision " , if that doesn't scream, 'we're going to add even more bonuses for large companies', you must be deafened by optimism.

I’m not surpised by it. They said the same before launch and now again. If the options for large companies considering their lands fix something that’s about the ownership of taxed buildings, I’m all up for it. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

I’m not surpised by it. They said the same before launch and now again. If the options for large companies considering their lands fix something that’s about the ownership of taxed buildings, I’m all up for it. 

Well, have fun playing your English Colonization simulator, but this isn't a Pirate game, with all these companies, taxes, and land claims.

17 minutes ago, Mansler said:

Nope, not defeaned by optimism and anyone familiar with my posting history would know that, more like not crying "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" prematurely. The clear thing here is that you don't like a large company centric approach. I have no issue with it. Given that they pretty clearly communicated this from before launch, and now that it's obvious their exact approach has some drawbacks, announcing changes to curtail some of the drawbacks while not shifting focus away from large companies should be unsurprising.

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Nope, not defeaned by optimism and anyone familiar with my posting history would know that, more like not crying "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" prematurely. The clear thing here is that you don't like a large company centric approach. I have no issue with it. Given that they pretty clearly communicated this from before launch, and now that it's obvious their exact approach has some drawbacks, announcing changes to curtail some of the drawbacks while not shifting focus away from large companies should be unsurprising.

The funny thing is, because of the social dynamics of coordinating/managing groups of hundreds of players, and dozens or hundreds of ships, they COULD have their cake and eat it too, but they seem to just be hung up on finding a way to make their original idea work still, instead reevaluating and readjusting,  despite all of the feedback they acknowledged.

Start over...you forgot the "I am entitled and like to stomp my feet option."

Dont forget the "Im special and need a tissue" also

Oh wait "I never really learned how to play"

And lastly dont forget "I never really owned it just like making posts trolling the forum"

• Like 1