Ringo O'Rourke

Reduce Plank Cost

Planks are by far the most tedious part of building a ship.

Hulls and decks and fairly quick to gather for. Ceiling pieces, walls, railings, doors, cannons etc. may add up to more total materials than planks, but they are far less tedious to work with. Each of these pieces do not cost much on their own, and you are placing each piece in turn as part of your ingenious ship design. This makes them far less monotonous, though in total they cost more.

Planks, however, are just a straight up farming grind. One piece after another swallowing your time that just goes into a predetermined spot on the side of the ship. It's even tedious on a 2x weekend.

The devs have stated their goal is to make becoming a pirate faster and less tedious. One definite way to make that a reality is to nerf plank costs,  a lot.

• Like 1

I actually think plank cost is fine. You can farm a schooner or brig is a very short time.

Plank cost is also proportional to maintenance cost.

Edited by Shintai

With the animals buff, a solo guy can complete a galleon within a day, that’s nothing but ridiculous. Please do not lower the cost for any part of the ship. 

cost is fine , get a couple of tames elephants bears etc u can farm up a schooner in a hour , takes longer to get the design u want completed but the main part of ship is done in a hour or less 

and with 2x why not just store a fuck ton of mats ? maybe enough for 2 or 3 ships? then if u lose one not so hard on yourseklf

Ship construction should not be balanced for tames. Period.

If the mat cost for building is balanced for tames then we have Ark 2.0, not Atlas.

Still can’t believe this post. This would mean if you want to make it a lot cheaper, that a solo person can grind maybe even 2 galleons a day. Straight out ridiculous. I already find it ridiculous a solo guy with tames can make a gally in 1 day. 

If anything I'd like the ships to actually cost more. Galleons are supposed to be super expensive but now they are everywhere and every second solo guy is rolling it. 

• Like 1

Guy on our company solo gathered a brig from start to finish in 2 hours yesterday so I don't think the cost needs to be reduced. The fps drop around some islands I already terrible as the ships pop in, lower costs will exacerbate this

Me too. Startet yesterday at 4pm with a brig. After 2 hours I had the ship without stressing me out. With my personal design, canons, stuff and colouring it takes 6 hours at least. But hey: 1 person in a half day made a full finished brig. Then during 2x event one person can surely build a galleon in a day.

There's no need for a nerf!

Sorry to break it to you: Your shit ass common brigs and galleys are swimming toilet paper.

You guys need to understand 1 Legendary/Mythic brig easily defeats 1v6 common brigs at the same time.
You can farm 100 brigs a day you wont have the manpower to drive them and they will be 1 shotted by a volley of 5.5k large cannons while tickling double layered 8k walls and 10k planks, exactly thats 26k you have to go through to make 1 plank go away and dont forget the 20% x3 max velocity sails. 

The problem is not getting materials in this game or the costs of the planks the problem is to get all types of one single materials together plus mythos. 
And then the problem is protecting it, so all players not affiliated with the top 10 alliances right now, you will never make a ship like this because you will
never be able to protect it. So yeah 95% of the ppl here have no clue how fucked up this game really is.

• Like 2