Treysar

Another Chinese Exploit?

You can add another Chinese company (verified) that are pulling SotDs into harbours - Dream Travelers N6 EU PvE. They never pulled any shenanigans and were even helpful at times. Suddenly they started pulling SoTDs targeting ships and bases. Tickets with videos and images opened albeit I doubt anything will happen.

@Jatheish Please fix the cannons so as not to waste ammo on fish. Give us a means to defend ourselves when offline.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 1:35 PM, UDO said:

im giving options on defending against it as in having ways to take the sotd out when it gets in range of the connons u CAN SETUP for this job 

No you cant, you don´t even know how some weapons work and you forget any cannon defence would waste all ammo shooting fish due to another bug.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Shintai said:

No you cant, you don´t even know how some weapons work and you forget any cannon defence would waste all ammo shooting fish due to another bug.

then build gates buildl walls at docks, build pillars up from sea make it  harder for them to kite it near enough to do any substatial damage ,build your bases further from shore so they are out of range of the sotd , 

think about what u build , 

so far the 2 times ive personally witnessed sotd being used for this the bases were  on sea or so close it just as well have been , 

everyone here wants the devs to sort his im sure they will , the only viable option is too add ofline raid protection

they will also fix the ai targetting so that cannons on towers will be viable,   

IN THE MEAN TIME BUILD SMART , DONT KEEP ALL VALUABLES IN ONCE PLACE , park ships at different islands with valuables on board ,have a second outpost elsewhere so who cares if u get damaged at one u can just rebuild it later but possibly smarter that u first did .

the options for making it so that it either cant happen to you or ways to lessen the blow so it doesnt really matter are in the game use them ....and stop being whiney and expecting the devs to make the game so casual  that we will end up with a boring snooze fest kitty island clone 

if u cant do any of that , then leave the game for a while until the devs fix ai on cannons etc / add more defenc eoptions  .it is after all early acces and a work in progress ,

see my thread earlier with video of sotd kiting look where the base is RIGHT ON THE SEA 

Edited by UDO
  • Haha 1

The PvE grief is why I stopped playing the game, I still check the boards to see how things are going

Edited by Queequeg

7 hours ago, UDO said:

then build gates buildl walls at docks, build pillars up from sea make it  harder for them to kite it near enough to do any substatial damage ,build your bases further from shore so they are out of range of the sotd , 

think about what u build , 

so far the 2 times ive personally witnessed sotd being used for this the bases were  on sea or so close it just as well have been , 

everyone here wants the devs to sort his im sure they will , the only viable option is too add ofline raid protection

they will also fix the ai targetting so that cannons on towers will be viable,   

IN THE MEAN TIME BUILD SMART , DONT KEEP ALL VALUABLES IN ONCE PLACE , park ships at different islands with valuables on board ,have a second outpost elsewhere so who cares if u get damaged at one u can just rebuild it later but possibly smarter that u first did .

the options for making it so that it either cant happen to you or ways to lessen the blow so it doesnt really matter are in the game use them ....and stop being whiney and expecting the devs to make the game so casual  that we will end up with a boring snooze fest kitty island clone 

if u cant do any of that , then leave the game for a while until the devs fix ai on cannons etc / add more defenc eoptions  .it is after all early acces and a work in progress , 

see my thread earlier with video of sotd kiting look where the base is RIGHT ON THE SEA 

I've seen your posts in other threads in regards to this topic, and I know you feel quite strongly about it, but I think you're intentionally ignoring the point people are trying to make. I don't say that to get a rise out of you. But people have selected a PVE server. If the developers want PVE players to require base defenses like that to protect against random raids from SOTD or marauding animals or NPC Pirates or cannibals, then that is fine, players should be expected to deal with that as that is what they're intended PVE playing environment is.

But, if people are using exploits to grief players, then that would go against what players SHOULD expect in a PVE server. Exploits are exploits. Just because it is possible to defend against it, does not mean that people should be quiet about it, or not complain. That is the point of these forums, to voice their concerns or ask for advise. You've given partial advise on how to protect yourself from SOTD attacks, but your delivery has also been given in a tone that says "Suck it up and leave if you don't like it". Additionally players should not have to invest significant hours into building base defenses against exploits. That's not the intended play style as far as I can tell that the developers intended. If I'm wrong, and developers intend for us to be the victims of exploits then I'll just shut my yap.

In the meantime, I think people should be allowed to voice their concerns and irritations so that the Developers might gain an idea of whats affecting the community the most so they can prioritize what exploits to fix. That's not going to happen if people just shut up and deal with it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• Like 6

Well said , I gave a speech along the same lines myself. I am currently exploring different aspects for ways to protect my ships, the area I’m currently in doesn’t have much in the ways for using gates, the water goes deep really fast and using pillars just isn’t worth doing to build walls up and on top of that there wouldn’t be access to get my ships in and out. I’m currently trying to use a large Shipyard and build off the deck using pillars and ceilings and walls but getting the alignment right on the 1st pillar is a pain in the arse. Then there will still be the issue of a gate access to let the ships in and out.

I’m also worried that spending all the resources it takes will be a waste of time if they release a fix for it.  With the current requirements for stone it takes forever to build anything as a solo player.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 1:01 PM, Vaenix said:

I can agree with a system to not aggro or take damage while not aggroed but not taking damage at all just because it's anchored, I'm sorry but that can be exploited too much.  The solution should be to reduce it's will to chase if it isn't actively getting hit(increase the cost to the griefer) and remove damage while ofline/not aggroed to the structure/ship.  It's already in place that the ship itself won't aggro SotD while anchored(and not previously attacking) so add on to that.

In PvP absolutely, but in PvE, immune ships when anchored would make no difference to any gameplay balance.  If you wanted to just ensure people can't cheese the mechanic, you could introduce a 5 minute timer, after which you are immune.

I see no problems with it in PvE.   I always said split PvP / PvE servers with their own balancing.     

• Like 2

As I always say people will play you so you always learn to play their game better against them for instance some clown dropped land claims in our claimed area that are active the dumby forgot to set them to company only, well pillars are your friend in this situation  he cant build there now he used a exploit  to force his claim we just did it better using legit mechanics 

Edited by Fafnir

On 2/8/2019 at 6:06 PM, Jawa said:

I've seen your posts in other threads in regards to this topic, and I know you feel quite strongly about it, but I think you're intentionally ignoring the point people are trying to make. I don't say that to get a rise out of you. But people have selected a PVE server. If the developers want PVE players to require base defenses like that to protect against random raids from SOTD or marauding animals or NPC Pirates or cannibals, then that is fine, players should be expected to deal with that as that is what they're intended PVE playing environment is.

But, if people are using exploits to grief players, then that would go against what players SHOULD expect in a PVE server. Exploits are exploits. Just because it is possible to defend against it, does not mean that people should be quiet about it, or not complain. That is the point of these forums, to voice their concerns or ask for advise. You've given partial advise on how to protect yourself from SOTD attacks, but your delivery has also been given in a tone that says "Suck it up and leave if you don't like it". Additionally players should not have to invest significant hours into building base defenses against exploits. That's not the intended play style as far as I can tell that the developers intended. If I'm wrong, and developers intend for us to be the victims of exploits then I'll just shut my yap.

In the meantime, I think people should be allowed to voice their concerns and irritations so that the Developers might gain an idea of whats affecting the community the most so they can prioritize what exploits to fix. That's not going to happen if people just shut up and deal with it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

My thoughts exactly, I wasn't going to get into any flame wars and know there was no getting through. I totally agree, it shouldn't be happening in PVE and I think many of us know that.

I think some people are trying to turn it into a soft PVP, they can play on PVE and exploit without players attacking others for it. Then the response is usually "people cry about this to much" those said players belong in PVP, they can use those exploits there as much as they want.

• Like 2