Treysar

Another Chinese Exploit?

a ship of the damn magically was sitting in our port blowing away our brig and our galleon low and behold a Chinese guy riding a rhino is right by it. Hmm last time our ships got sunk there was a Chinese guy in our base and the time b4 that our base was cleared out and a Chinese guy was there. Coincidence? I seem to doubt it but you be the judge a SotD sails up and parks right next to our brig then opens fire this was a parked brig in a ship slip but was launched. Oh did I mention after 2 brigs were sunk and our galleon this Chinese guy starts salvaging our Galleon. Devs I know you wont do anything about it because they are Chinese and we know where your loyalties lie. heres a pic for your enjoyment

20190202222352_1.jpg

I got screenshots of someone admitting to luring in the SOTD to land to destroy ships, this guy is not Chinese. 

The problem is that the exploit needs fixed for everyone in PVE, once my ships are destroyed in this manner I’ll not build another one, the ramshackle sloop is cheap to build in comparison so they can sink as many of them as they want. 

There is nothing I can really do about it anyway besides complain, getting that person banned won’t solve the issue, it’s like putting a bandaid on a broken water main and expecting that to fix the problem, it’s just not going to happen. This issue is a internal problem that the devs will have to address, I’m sure they are aware of it, they are probably trying to figure out a way to deal with it because we all know luring SOTD in to destroy our ships was not part of the vision for PVE

• Like 2

This was happening in ark also on scorched Earth with the stone golems on pve. They make the same mistake again.

If anchor is dropped the ship needs to be invulnerable.  Also all buildings need to be invulnerable for other creatures that are aggressive on other players. 

They should have learned that mistake from ark but they will walk the same road again.......

• Like 3

nortars on beach manned by ai , try it , actually making a defence is a viable option u know , pve doesnt mean everything has to be nerfed to not attack , 

yes its a dick move to kite sotd inland but try to place defences use the game mechanics and stop whining , 

they way its going we will oto have anything attackng us ever , willife nerfs , sotd nerfs , tame nerfs , what are we after here hello kitty island ....

If you make a ship invulnerable while anchored... what's stopping you from luring lvl 50 SotD to your anchored ships while you blast them with the cannons?

And even if you make anchored ships unable to fire their cannons, what's stopping you from using anchored ships to tank the SotD?

34 minutes ago, UDO said:

nortars on beach manned by ai , try it , actually making a defence is a viable option u know , pve doesnt mean everything has to be nerfed to not attack , 

yes its a dick move to kite sotd inland but try to place defences use the game mechanics and stop whining , 

they way its going we will oto have anything attackng us ever , willife nerfs , sotd nerfs , tame nerfs , what are we after here hello kitty island ....

Nothing should attack you anyway unless you attack first, it's pve.

It sounds to me you're playing the wrong game mode, pvp might suit you better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UDO said:

Cant man mortars with AI, Large cannons cant turn but have the range and mediums don't have the range really.

on pve eu, North wolf, one of the member name Tigra_777 and hes team do it a lot on many grid, seem the dev dont care

2 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Nothing should attack you anyway unless you attack first, it's pve.

It sounds to me you're playing the wrong game mode, pvp might suit you better.

pve PLAYER V ENVIROMENT  isnt sotd part of the enviroment , wow the stupidity in this thread is astounding ,,, your comment is beyond ,words escape me ....wtf has pvp got to wIth anything we are talking about defending against the enviromaent in PVE

dev please remove all threats from the game so i dont have to do anything at all ,,,,

21 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

Cant man mortars with AI, Large cannons cant turn but have the range and mediums don't have the range really.

21 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

still an option to use cannons placed at beach area large ones , balistas , etc , all avaibale,  build jettys out into sea away from baech ,with cannons mounted ,  build playforms up from sea bed away from beach with cannon on them , 

players need to think outside the box a bit , there are ways to defend against this

Edited by UDO
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, UDO said:

pve PLAYER V ENVIROMENT  isnt sotd part of the enviroment , wow the stupidity in this thread is astounding ,,, your comment is beyond ,words escape me ....

dev please remove all threats from the game so i dont have to do anything at all ,,,,

you re the idiot here, the ship dont get there by himself, a PLAYER pull it here.... 

you know what pve mean GG, now learn what griefer mean

Edited by haseo
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, haseo said:

you re the idiot here, the ship dont get there by himself, a PLAYER pull it here.... 

YES I KNOW THATS WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT , your the idiot for not thinking of ways to defend against this behavior ... 

im giving options on defending against it as in having ways to take the sotd out when it gets in range of the connons u CAN SETUP for this job 

stop thinking that the devs are going to help players in everything that is in the game , 

adding to this same things used to happend in ark pve  so what did u have to do ??????? place defenses 

Edited by UDO

2 hours ago, UDO said:

YES I KNOW THATS WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT , your the idiot for not thinking of ways to defend against this behavior ... 

im giving options on defending against it as in having ways to take the sotd out when it gets in range of the connons u CAN SETUP for this job 

stop thinking that the devs are going to help players in everything that is in the game , 

adding to this same things used to happend in ark pve  so what did u have to do ??????? place defenses 

Play on a private server so did not have to worry  about exploits.

Maybe your too young but game developers usually felt a sense of embarrassment and Sony even banned people for using exploits and also felt ashamed then they made a game out of it later in H1Z1 where they would announce the people they banned for exploiting. If you think its ok not to voice your opinion and just let it lay you are asking for this to keep happening whether you defend against it or not it is not ok even on PVE for people to cheat. Using Exploits to grief is cheating!

• Like 1

Just now, Treysar said:

Play on a private server so did not have to worry  about exploits.

Maybe your too young but game developers usually felt a sense of embarrassment and Sony even banned people for using exploits and also felt ashamed then they made a game out of it later in H1Z1 where they would announce the people they banned for exploiting. If you think its ok not to voice your opinion and just let it lay you are asking for this to keep happening whether you defend against it or not it is not ok even on PVE for people to cheat. Using Exploits to grief is cheating!

Playing on a private server should not be a solution to avoid easy to fix exploits. I made a suggestion which would avoid this issue.

40 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

Playing on a private server should not be a solution to avoid easy to fix exploits. I made a suggestion which would avoid this issue. 

Private server was ark not this

3 hours ago, UDO said:

Pve means I as player get aggression on me because I did something to that ship/creature. Then it justify that I take damage. Not if someone else get the agro and I get damage.

It is just the same crap we had on ark pve. They fixed it after a long long long time and lots and lots of complains. I would expect that they learned something and did do it right on atlas pve.

They trigger now that others going to grief to and it will be grievers against grievers and the other players that are willing to invest money in the game will move to other games where they are protected by grievers.

But you are probably a grievers that is doing it but is to weak to play on real pvp.

To point out the simple argument here: I did not purchase a game with the intent of playing PvE (which assumes that all i have to worry about it the planned AI encounters) to actually spend my time building and maintaining defensive measures against other players actions. if that is what I am lowered to then i am not playing as a pirate, but as a military general. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

Pve means I as player get aggression on me because I did something to that ship/creature. Then it justify that I take damage. Not if someone else get the agro and I get damage.

It is just the same crap we had on ark pve. They fixed it after a long long long time and lots and lots of complains. I would expect that they learned something and did do it right on atlas pve.

They trigger now that others going to grief to and it will be grievers against grievers and the other players that are willing to invest money in the game will move to other games where they are protected by grievers.

But you are probably a grievers that is doing it but is to weak to play on real pvp.

i don't grief anyone never have but i don't play like a retard and whine if the ENVIRONMENT KILLS ME u know why because i am prepared for it , i lost my tames once in this game ONCE then i reevaluated how i had built my enclose  , i have never lost a ship to griefers , WHY u may ask , because i use the tools available to ensure it doesn't happen to me , i protect what i've built / tamed by building carefully and thinking about what may happen .

try it sometime you'll be amazed at how much more u will enjoy the game not having to worry about griefers and wildlife u know the ENVIRONMENT that we are playing against ..

p.s resorting to saying i must be a griefer because u dont have a proper response to anything is just plain childish , 

p.p.s i have never played pvp and dont intend to , never played in ark never will in this game as i enjoy a more relaxed gaming experience 

11 minutes ago, Indywoodtiger said:

To point out the simple argument here: I did not purchase a game with the intent of playing PvE (which assumes that all i have to worry about it the planned AI encounters) to actually spend my time building and maintaining defensive measures against other players actions. if that is what I am lowered to then i am not playing as a pirate, but as a military general. 

then i would say u havnt played much in the way of sandbox games , as these sorts of players are in abundance , u have to build to protect against the enviroment and players that may use the enviroment against u , build smart for all eventualitys

I will not waist my resources to kill other players aggressive creatures/boats and they walk away with the loot. I will waist it on things that are aggressive because my doing.

And I will not have the same discussion again like I and others had in ark and at the end they fixed it because more and more players where angry.

It the other player that has the aggression on him he deals with and I do not have to have side damage because of that. If I wanted that I played pvp. 

/Ignore udo

Edited by awakatanka
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, UDO said:

then i would say u havnt played much in the way of sandbox games , as these sorts of players are in abundance , u have to build to protect against the enviroment and players that may use the enviroment against u , build smart for all eventualitys

See thats the problem, its not building smart here that will save you. You have to think ahead of what they will conceive next to truly protect yourself. There is ZERO justification to keep exploiters on a public server. 

i have tended to stay away from public servers as I did in Ark on account of this type of player. I come to gaming to relieve the stress of my real life which can be daunting, and to act as if I should worry about someone exploiting to my detriment is sad at best. You seem to be the one who points out that if the victim would not have decent cutlery then the murderer wouldn't have been able to stab them so efficiently, so clearly people should just use sporks.

4 hours ago, UDO said:

pve PLAYER V ENVIROMENT  isnt sotd part of the enviroment , wow the stupidity in this thread is astounding ,,, your comment is beyond ,words escape me ....wtf has pvp got to wIth anything we are talking about defending against the enviromaent in PVE

still an option to use cannons placed at beach area large ones , balistas , etc , all avaibale,  build jettys out into sea away from baech ,with cannons mounted ,  build playforms up from sea bed away from beach with cannon on them , 

players need to think outside the box a bit , there are ways to defend against this

Just by your posts alone I can tell you're the type to stamp your feet at home in anger. You need to learn to calm down.

Not everyone is going to see it your way and nor should they. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree that, in pve, we should have to worry about npcs destroying our stuff.  But these tactics allow players to destroy my entire fleet while I am not even playing the game.  I avoid pvp only because I want to be able to log off and sleep, spend time with family, work, run errands, etc. without constantly worrying about a video game.  PVE in any game should allow for me to log off without the risk of losing everything I've built by anything except decay timers. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

I got screenshots of someone admitting to luring in the SOTD to land to destroy ships, this guy is not Chinese. 

The problem is that the exploit needs fixed for everyone in PVE, once my ships are destroyed in this manner I’ll not build another one, the ramshackle sloop is cheap to build in comparison so they can sink as many of them as they want. 

There is nothing I can really do about it anyway besides complain, getting that person banned won’t solve the issue, it’s like putting a bandaid on a broken water main and expecting that to fix the problem, it’s just not going to happen. This issue is a internal problem that the devs will have to address, I’m sure they are aware of it, they are probably trying to figure out a way to deal with it because we all know luring SOTD in to destroy our ships was not part of the vision for PVE

I am this mystery guy you have screenshots of.  Post them freely anywhere you like.

First off you have no idea of my nationality.  So how would you know that I am not Chinese?

The only reason you know anything about it is because I was trying to warn the rest of my neighbors. 

Here's the real story. I have been active every day since launch. I had 2 claims.  1 random claim in the ocean somewhere and one on land.  During the last week I watched as 1 of my neighbors claims were cutting deeper and deeper into my claim. (look up overlapping claim exploit or bug).  So yesterday I login and I am alive in what was once my house but now it is their house. Everything I had other than my boats is theirs with a new claim right in the middle of my house.   So I wasn't about to stand by and allow somebody to steal from me without any retribution.  I really dislike people with no values. So I hope I made them cry. Boo hoo.    It was glorious getting my revenge.  They made a choice and now they have to live with that choice.  I am now wearing their clothes.

#dontfwithahobo

10 hours ago, UDO said:

Have you tested any of these suggestions? Have YOU had sotd attack near your base and managed to take then out with AI on cannons? last i heard, target ship option isnt working correctly. and most of these people luring the ships do it while people are offline. If you have great, otherwise quit talking out your ass. and dont compare this to ark mechanics when it comes to ships.

• Like 1